Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery THE DON

Postby Sims » Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Allegri isn’t the manager we need if we want to become a progressive club

Our route to the top can’t be done with a super pragmatic manager
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 pm

aniym wrote:
Manoban wrote:Allegri is leaving Juve. Can we get him, please?

And then what? Sack him when he doesn't win the title in his first season?

Is your nickname Mr Exag?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

Allegri > Emery
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BrunelGooner » Sun May 19, 2019 3:09 am

Managers like Allegri and Simeone have done incredible jobs at their respective clubs and are legends for sure.

The problem is their brand of football isn't that pleasing to watch IMO. I couldn't stomach watching more low-quality of football every weekend. And in Allegri's case in particular, I still question how he would do at a club that has the financial restrictions we do in a league that is as competitive as ours.

Stylistically, Ten Haag's youthful Ajax team have impressed me more than any Juventus side has in the last 5 years.

I want us to win games and I want us to win trophies, but I want us to do so with an attacking philosophy. Having an attacking philosophy and having a good defence aren't mutually exclusive things, as we have seen in Liverpool's case.

My fear is a manager with the footballing principles of Allegri would hinder the attacking potential in the type of team we are looking to build.

Also, there is a Juventus blogger who wrote this piece for ESPN a couple of years ago and this section struck me:

Much like Pep Guardiola has learnt with Manchester City, it is difficult to implement tactical ideas when the team you are training is susceptible to mental fragility. Allegri is not a man who creates superstars, he refines them, but he needs to oversee a side that is already mentally tough

If this is the case, then he wouldn't be much good for us unless we already have a ready-made side.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Mate Juve play some good football and have done so for years. The difference is, they also know how to win ugly.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Sun May 19, 2019 1:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:Mate Juve play some good football and have done so for years. The difference is, they also know how to win ugly.

We'll have to disagree on that because I don't think they do.

In fact, just over a year ago, their players/team were coming under criticism for their pragmatic brand of football.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/asamoah ... gjtj5q1hqp

Also, I went on a Juventus forum recently to see their perspectives on Allegri going, and though many are sad, they said it was the right time because their squad wasn't getting any better and their football needed to 'evolve'. So clearly there were a section of Juventus fans were not happy with their style of play (though obviously this doesn't mean all of them feel this way).

As I said, Allegri's a top manager for sure, but I don't want to be bored shitless every week.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 20, 2019 12:56 am

Why? so he can reject us again?

Please stop embarrassing the club.

Allegri already turned us down when he found out we aren't paying Wenger's replacement £10m wages and when he found out about the £50m transfer funds.

Our club is a joke atm, all the top managers wouldn't even apply for the job, Emery was the only manager with credentials to step forward, we were a whisker away from hiring Arteta ffs.

Nothings changed so neither I expect has Allegri's mind on us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Mon May 20, 2019 1:03 am

What has Allegri done? The Serie A is a given for him (Since no one seems to give Emery credit for Ligue 1), and so is the Italian Cup. He's severely underperformed in Europe tbh, imagine going out to Ajax, even Spuds beat them over two legs, and we beat Spuds easily on aggregate in the PL so.....
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goonerz » Mon May 20, 2019 7:12 am

I say we should SACK Allegri in advance just in case.
Emery deseves to be sacked after one season here working with dross, deadwood overrated players and a joke Arsenal board.

I say we should go a step further and sack Allegri before he has even thought about Joining arsenal. Better to play it safe just incase he does not win us the Title, Top 4, CL and playing our personal favourite players etc..

We are the A.O.B.

**ALLEGRI OUT**

:1990_dancing.gif:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ThatAndrew » Mon May 20, 2019 1:17 pm

We shouldnt have messed with coaching in the first place.

That was never our main problem.
ThatAndrew
Liam Brady

Postby swipe right » Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 pm

ThatAndrew wrote:We shouldnt have messed with coaching in the first place.

Agreed. It was the transfer budget. And that problem remains.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Goonerz wrote:

I say we should SACK Allegri in advance just in case.
Emery deseves to be sacked after one season here working with dross, deadwood overrated players and a joke Arsenal board.

I say we should go a step further and sack Allegri before he has even thought about Joining arsenal. Better to play it safe just incase he does not win us the Title, Top 4, CL and playing our personal favourite players etc..

We are the A.O.B.

**ALLEGRI OUT**

:1990_dancing.gif:

Now that's funny
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Mon May 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

ThatAndrew wrote:We shouldnt have messed with coaching in the first place.

Every problem we have now, Wenger was part of.

The letting players run down their contracts.

The buying of cheap last minute dash fodder players on deadline day while we let top players leave on a free.

Putting up and even supporting under funding by our owner, Wenger was paid £10m to cover for Kroenke.

Trying to over ride Mislinslat into keeping Giroud instead of getting Auba who's just won the Golden boot in his first full season.

Emery has bettered our league position and our EL run to a final in his DEBUT season, with Wenger's players.

................. try again.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon May 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Apparently neymar skipped out on mbappes and ligue1 poty and ypoty award ceremony to chill out with Rihanna at her fashion show.

Meanwhile, mbappe is in press conferences claiming it's time to leave unless he gets more input on signings (as long as they aren't Brazilian) or words to that effect.

Apparently it was Emery that couldn't handle the dressing room at PSG and was weak. I guess PSGs personnel ego issues have nothing to do the players, management and club structures in general...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football