Unai Emery

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
27%
No
33%
Unsure
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
15%

Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery confirmed as Arsenal manager

Postby Fran Solo » Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Long, but interesting. Especially when he talked about style of play, set pieces, videos & defensive midfielders.

So sorry, I have to delete this "great" article. It's a real interview with Unai Emery, but Marti Perarnau, the writer supposedly want to print it as a book. And the article is a stolen works without permission from him. So, I think I should delete this. I am really sorry.
Last edited by Fran Solo on Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Fran Solo wrote:http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/unai-emery-what-am-i-missing-making-my-masterpieces-real-masterpieces-and-making-them-my-own/

Long, but interesting. Especially when he talked about style of play, set pieces, videos & defensive midfielders.

Hey thanks man, you can see he's does great analysis of footballers and matches, from all the best Leagues & managers of diff playing styles.

this is my fav piece from that long article!

Unai Emery - 'Let me say this: PSG played well and won. Many people don’t value that enough and believe that it is easy. But what happened to us? We lacked competitiveness in important moments. Why? Because this team is not confronted with enough moments of adversity in the league. Being competitive also means being faced with adversity. One has to suffer like Simeone’s team to win. One has to suffer like Pep’s team to win in England.'

He's right, basically the French League is poor in terms of quality for PSG to sharpen thier sword against, so when they meet teams like Real Barca Bayern in the UCL their sword is dull, it not a real challenge like the EPL or the Serie A or La Liga, higher quality leagues. Its his job to sharpen the sword of their minds but its also better if they play regularly against top teams in their league, which we do have in the EPL.

In the end i'm glad we have got a coach that pays attention to the details I've been highlighting whole season, the BIG MATCHES, top 6 clashes, top derbies- these quality moments of adversity, this pressure can turn dirt into diamonds, I hope over the next few years, Arsenal become stronger & smarter, stop hemorrhaging goals to the opposition.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 pm

From the way he talks I fear we’ll soon be hearing him say thinks like “we played a bit with the hand break on”. People going to lose their shit when that happens.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:From the way he talks I fear we’ll soon be hearing him say thinks like “we played a bit with the hand break on”. People going to lose their shit when that happens.

Stop being a negative Nigel.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Sun May 27, 2018 6:50 pm

interesting about the suffering...

question... does Rm suffereing against Barca every year in La LIga ( not meaning just not winning, cos they do win the liga sometimes, but that opponent who is just such a strong rival and threat to your success) help them struggle through win the UCL? ( and vice versa, barac blowing wad v Rm and la liga making them more compacent iun UCL?)
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sun May 27, 2018 6:54 pm

whats everyones managerial power rankings now the top 6 is sorted for next season (once Sarri joins chelsea)???

guardiola
klopp
sarri
pochettino
mourinho
emery

last 3 are all much of a muchness but the gap between pep & every other one is substantial
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Sun May 27, 2018 7:00 pm

guardiola
klopp
mourinho
sarri
pochettino
emery
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun May 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Sims wrote:whats everyones managerial power rankings now the top 6 is sorted for next season (once Sarri joins chelsea)???

guardiola
klopp
sarri
pochettino
mourinho
emery

last 3 are all much of a muchness but the gap between pep & every other one is substantial

Sarri, Mourinho and Flopp will all fall apart next season.

1)Guardiola
2)Emery/Pochettino/Mou
3)Klopp
4)Sarri
Last edited by Jedi on Sun May 27, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Sun May 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Jose
Emery
Klopp
Pochettino
Sarri
fraud
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Losmeister wrote:interesting about the suffering...

question... does Rm suffereing against Barca every year in La LIga ( not meaning just not winning, cos they do win the liga sometimes, but that opponent who is just such a strong rival and threat to your success) help them struggle through win the UCL? ( and vice versa, barac blowing wad v Rm and la liga making them more compacent iun UCL?)

It's why La Liga is currently the best league in the world in terms of preparing teams for European conquest imo

Before anyone gets butthurt over muh Premier League, the PL has the highest collection of talented players throughout the league, but La Liga is the most technical league in the world.

It's also why Bayern, Juve, and PSG struggle in Europe; there aren't any other clubs in their respective leagues that can match their technical ability and give them a challenge week in week out.

On the flip side, the PL is a huge, physical dogfight, but compared to many PL clubs' mainland contemporaries, PL teams as a whole lack the technical ability to go toe-to-toe with them. However, this is changing with many top foreign managers plying their trade in the PL now, so there's a good chance we'll see PL clubs claw back power in the coming years.

La Liga just about has the perfect balance between technical ability and level of weekly competition right now, which is why United is the only non-Spanish club to win a European competition in the past 5 seasons, and even they were a few inches away from losing the semifinal tie to Celta Vigo.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby starmandb » Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Ach wrote:If he tells our players who went to the World Cup to play in the first game of the season then he's already one up on Wenger. As we know Wenger would mollycoddle them and rest the, and not play them til September.

Spanish season does start a little later but the signs are encouraging because the 2 world cups that emery has had players go to the World Cup and still be at his clubs the following season all have reported for duty 1st game of the season
2010 while at Valencia
Miguel played last game for Portugal 23rd june
Mata played for Spain 21st june
Both appeared opening game of the season 28 th August

2014 while at Sevilla
Bacca played last game for Colombia 4th July
Beto played last game for Portugal 26 th june
Both appeared in the super cup v Real Madrid 12 th August
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Sims wrote:Rumours are that Lucas Perez could be coming back into the fold

Obvs won’t start but could be a good squad player for the EL and Cup games

Perez does have a couple of goals v Sevilla when he was at deportivo before he joined us
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Sims wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Gazidis isn't f***ing about this is all on him now, I expect some decent spending to

i think its v important for the club and the future of emery that our big signings are all in the 23-26 y/o range. we need more of this age profile in the squad, our avg age must be hitting late 20's now

Our average premier league starting line up was 24.2 last season
The youngest in the league
starmandb

Postby Ach » Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 pm

Yup

Need more experience
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 pm

starmandb wrote:
Sims wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Gazidis isn't f***ing about this is all on him now, I expect some decent spending to

i think its v important for the club and the future of emery that our big signings are all in the 23-26 y/o range. we need more of this age profile in the squad, our avg age must be hitting late 20's now

Our average premier league starting line up was 24.2 last season
The youngest in the league

Cech (205 y/o)
Bellerin (23) - Koscielny (32) - Mustafi (26) - Monreal (32)
Xhaka (25) - Rambo (27)
Mkhitaryan (29) - Özil (29) - Lacazette (26)
Auba (28, 29 next month)

age wise our defence and wingers/att mids are very concerning. particularly micki cos hes on huge wages.

given kos is f***ked, mustafi is gone, monreal is bare old and kolasinac isnt great we need to tread carefully imo.

a whole rehaul of the keeper & defence is needed, midfield is f***ked and unless reiss can step up we need a young quick & direct winger, gotta make sure the age profile is on point given our finances
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football