In Arsène We Trust ~ Victoria Concordia Crescit

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Merci Arsène

Postby Pudpop » Thu May 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Angelito wrote:That's very odd tbh.
It's all very odd. Why did they only show some of Chapman's trophies and not others? The whole thing is weirdly done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Denis_E » Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I appreciate the "If you don't want to hear about Wenger don't look in the thread" but .............

The Wengerites are all up in the Emery thread though right? how much allowance do we have to keep giving them?
If as Ach says they're going to post in here after every loss then maybe I'll post in here after every victory?

I'd like to think we (EKB) are the more mature side so I agree move on, accept he's gone and back the club.

We've given Wenger 22 years of thanks, the reality is if we are supposed to be moving on this thread is going to end up as bait for the "old argument" and I bet it won't be the Emery side who starts it.

Precisely, when the second half of your tenure does more to hinder the club than all the good you did in the first, disgusts me a bit.

The sad delusion fest continues, of people acting like the last 5 or 6 years, the weak mentality squad, our general lowly reputation amongst European football wasn’t due to that man’s ego and stubborness. Insisting on staying here that long, he would gladly have stayed longer, and he still throws shade at the fanbase lol

By all means have your cringy ‘merci’. If only there was a ‘thanks for wasting years of our life’ thread also right next to it though....
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Denis_E wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I appreciate the "If you don't want to hear about Wenger don't look in the thread" but .............

The Wengerites are all up in the Emery thread though right? how much allowance do we have to keep giving them?
If as Ach says they're going to post in here after every loss then maybe I'll post in here after every victory?

I'd like to think we (EKB) are the more mature side so I agree move on, accept he's gone and back the club.

We've given Wenger 22 years of thanks, the reality is if we are supposed to be moving on this thread is going to end up as bait for the "old argument" and I bet it won't be the Emery side who starts it.

Precisely, when the second half of your tenure does more to hinder the club than all the good you did in the first, disgusts me a bit.

The sad delusion fest continues, of people acting like the last 5 or 6 years, the weak mentality squad, our general lowly reputation amongst European football wasn’t due to that man’s ego and stubborness. Insisting on staying here that long, he would gladly have stayed longer, and he still throws shade at the fanbase lol

By all means have your cringy ‘merci’. If only there was a ‘thanks for wasting years of our life’ thread also right next to it though....

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 pm

oh , just lock this up and put it in the attic
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Ach wrote:Not really sure why this thread will be used other than for Wenger lovers to pine for him after a defeat.

"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 pm

personally would post in here if i see a cool ass photo, if theres a great moment to remember or what he does in his next managerial job tbh

thought people would be mature about it but obvs we have a bunch of 8 year olds on here
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm

FROM NOW ON THIS THREAD SHALL SOLELY BE USED TO HONOR ARSÈNE WENGER'S CAREER AT ARSENAL.

ANY FORM OF INSTIGATION AND/OR OBJECTION WILL BE MET WITH A FORMAL WARNING AS WELL AS A REMOVAL OF APPURTENANT CONTENT.

THIS RULE APPLIES TO BOTH CAMPS.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Thu May 24, 2018 9:13 pm

Zenith wrote:FROM NOW ON THIS THREAD SHALL SOLELY BE USED TO HONOR ARSÈNE WENGER'S CAREER AT ARSENAL.

ANY FORM OF INSTIGATION AND/OR OBJECTION WILL BE MET WITH A FORMAL WARNING AS WELL AS A REMOVAL OF APPURTENANT CONTENT.

I can't stand cricket. There was an incident on here many years ago where there was a thread about cricket and I said a few things that cricket fans didn't like and got told off for it

So I started a thread called "Cricket should be eaten by a rhino"

That was locked because it was seen as a wind up. Result was it was impossible to say anything bad about cricket anywhere.

I couldn't really give a monkey's about Wenger any more but if you're going to have a thread about him it should be for good and bad, or not at all. Or reopen the Wenger Out thread... which I think would be silly

Can't have it all one sided im afraid - that's how history gets rewritten
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Andrew » Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Hate to agree with that one , but what's the point of having a forum if we're all supposed to tow a certain line .
A thread about Wenger should be open for discussion . He's had a major impact at the club and still has .
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Because what's going to happen is this ................

After every loss you (i.e Anrdrew, Arsene Nose) are going to go in the Emery thread and declare him a failure, that you told us so and that we were better off with Wenger.

In turn whenever we win (which will be more times than we lose) Arsenal fans will retaliate by coming in here and telling you we're better off without him and that we've won an away game.

We just don't need it.

Further more I'm going to say this now, the New dawn camp wouldn't even bother mentioning Arsene's name moving forward but it will be you two instigating and carrying it on, so really this rule benefits you more than anyone.

Anyway I've said my peace, that is all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
Zenith wrote:FROM NOW ON THIS THREAD SHALL SOLELY BE USED TO HONOR ARSÈNE WENGER'S CAREER AT ARSENAL.

I can't stand cricket. There was an incident on here many years ago where there was a thread about cricket and I said a few things that cricket fans didn't like and got told off for it

So I started a thread called "Cricket should be eaten by a rhino"

That was locked because it was seen as a wind up. Result was it was impossible to say anything bad about cricket anywhere.

I couldn't really give a monkey's about Wenger any more but if you're going to have a thread about him it should be for good and bad, or not at all. Or reopen the Wenger Out thread... which I think would be silly

Can't have it all one sided im afraid - that's how history gets rewritten

Having one single AW appreciation thread and the request to respect the thread's purpose is very different than rewriting history.

Reopening the WO thread is redundant as Arsène has moved on.

Any future criticism directed at Wenger can be uttered in the "Arsène Wenger's Legacy" thread instead.

DiamondGooner wrote:Because what's going to happen is this ................

After every loss you (i.e Anrdrew, Arsene Nose) are going to go in the Emery thread and declare him a failure, that you told us so and that we were better off with Wenger.

In turn whenever we win (which will be more times than we lose) Arsenal fans will retaliate by coming in here and telling you we're better off without him and that we've won an away game.

We just don't need it.

^ This.

There is a knee-jerk reaction thread for a reason.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Arsène Wenger's Legacy

Postby Zenith » Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 pm

From now on, please use this thread to debate AW's legacy.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Arsène Wenger's Legacy - Success or Failure?

Postby UFGN » Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Yes of course it's a failure

But seriously I'm not looking to antagonise and never have actually

I'm looking at the situation two or three years from now where Wenger can begin to be looked at in a historical context

Also like it or not, they're all his players at the moment so his impact on the club is still very much present.

As George Graham's defenders went on to win trophies under Rioch and Wenger, this squad bares his hallmark. Which players will be an asset? Which will be a liability?

How much will Emery improve them or influence them?

With that said, the focus is and should be 100% on Emery's Arsenal, and that's what I'm most looking forward to
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Re: Arsène Wenger's Legacy

Postby Ach » Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Sims wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:I like the look (not literally) of Bilic, still a chance he could 'pull a Gary Monk' and do pants next year.

Bottom line though is all the proven winners are not an option, with the exception of Simeone so whoever we appoint there will be question marks. At this point though I want that risk, that new approach, cannot stand this stale sh*t.

Sims knew
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Utterly disappointed by the pettiness and supreme idiocy demonstrated by some in this thread. No wonder why Arsenal fanbase has a rotten reputation thanks to some.

Pathetic.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club