David Luiz

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: David Luiz (23)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 28, 2020 4:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:Did Mustafi actually play any games in the tournament? Or did he get a medal by default ......
Think he came on as a sub at RB
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 pm

theHotHead wrote:Did Mustafi actually play any games in the tournament? Or did he get a medal by default ......

Couple of sub appearances v Portugal and Ghana in the group.

Started v Algeria in Knock out round.

Got injured I believe and didn't play after that.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:So why did Lampard show him the door?

Because Lampard wanted to go down the route of youth, he wanted to promote Tomori and he called back that useless waste of space Zouma. Like I said, Luiz played more games for Lampard last season than any other CB, so if he didn't rate him surely he would've been benched. Don't forget, Chelsea had a transfer ban so Lampard didn't have much wriggle room and needed to blood the kids in.

Sarri was the manager last season, not Lampard,
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Thu May 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Anyone else won a PL title on the squad.

Silvestre had won four PL titles with United before joining us. Didn’t do us any good did it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Who cares? PEA never won a major trophy with Dortmund, and he's the only reason we aren't relegated.

Where was Luiz's 'winning mentality' when he was standing around giving Olympiakos a free shot at our goal?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm

aniym wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:So why did Lampard show him the door?

Because Lampard wanted to go down the route of youth, he wanted to promote Tomori and he called back that useless waste of space Zouma. Like I said, Luiz played more games for Lampard last season than any other CB, so if he didn't rate him surely he would've been benched. Don't forget, Chelsea had a transfer ban so Lampard didn't have much wriggle room and needed to blood the kids in.

Sarri was the manager last season, not Lampard,

Aaah yes it was Sarri that played him last season. Still, the rest of my post remains correct and the points I made still valid.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm

aniym wrote:

Who cares? PEA never won a major trophy with Dortmund, and he's the only reason we aren't relegated.

Where was Luiz's 'winning mentality' when he was standing around giving Olympiakos a free shot at our goal?

Yes because PEA scored all of those goals by himself without being assisted. Its a team game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri May 29, 2020 6:53 pm

There are several worse CB than Luiz in the squad. But I cant see us being able to get rid off them as no one would pay money for them and the squad needs to be trimmed. So it would make sense to see him leave
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 pm

gooney wrote:There are several worse CB than Luiz in the squad. But I cant see us being able to get rid off them as no one would pay money for them and the squad needs to be trimmed. So it would make sense to see him leave

If we are being honest. I can not stand the guy but Mustafi has been good since Arteta came in.

What needs to be done. I tried to see something in Rob Holding stat but truth be told he’s looked championship level, . Has looked poor ever since he’s come back. Hopefully we can get 8-10m for him.

Anyway he is probably thinking about moving away from us . Especially considering Mari will sign permanently and we’re hopefully in market for a new CB. Even then doesn’t get enough minutes and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants to leave

Holding, Sokratis, Mavropanos need to be sold.
As does Medley .

Got to find a way to shift Sok & Holding though.

I See we are linked with Akanji who has looked poor this season could be an option but it's risky
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 31, 2020 6:59 am

Why get rid of Medley, he actually looks like a good prospect?!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:00 am

Read we paid £8m plus £6m agent fees to get Luiz. With wages that’s £20mill ... for 1 year

We should give him another year tbh
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun May 31, 2020 9:04 am

alexafc12 wrote:Read we paid £8m plus £6m agent fees to get Luiz. With wages that’s £20mill ... for 1 year

We should give him another year tbh

Blimey. No wonder we are broke.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 pm

Arsenal are ready to offer Brazilian defender David Luiz, 33, a new one year contract but reducing his current £130,000-a-week deal. (Mirror)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 am

Standard

David Luiz to sign new Arsenal contract imminently, says Benfica president

Arsenal defender David Luiz will imminently sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium, according to Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira.

It was revealed last week that the Brazilian signed a one-year contract when moving from Chelsea last summer, not the previously reportedly two-year agreement.

This left Arsenal needing to extend Luiz's terms for the remainder of the season, and beyond, prompting links to the player's former club Benfica.

But Vieira says Luiz is close to a new deal with the Gunners, and has told the player that is best for him at this stage of his career.

"We spoke again [on Sunday]," Luis Filipe Vieira told BTV. "We have a father-son relationship.

"He was in a car with a businessman, preparing to renew his contract with Arsenal. He is someone who loves Benfica, is a great professional [but] has to earn money. What he earns [with Arsenal] is unthinkable for Benfica to pay.

"If David Luiz one day decides 'I want to leave here', is 35 years old and in perfect condition, of course we would take him. [But] eight million [in wages] would have to be one million.

"But, as a father, I would say no. I'd say: 'oh, David, you're not coming, don't be crazy.'"
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:29 am

Thats great news
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football