Eddie Nketiah (30)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:23 pm

starmandb wrote:You could argue that the peak for a striker is 25 to 27 hence 3 years
Henry’s last 3 years at arsenal where he scored 75 goals in 9677 mins
A goal every 129 mins

Aubameyang at the same age
104 goals in 11702 mins
A goal every 113 mins


The fact that aubameyang did what he did past his peak is good
You have acknowledged that
I am four square behind you in judging what a player could/ will do in the future
To that end I still understand why arsenal offered him a new contract
His form is worrying
You may have shown a good degree of foresight in your reasoning to sell
It was a point I didn’t share
All I ask is you not to jump in on every opportunity to slight
I understand it’s a high pressure game and players should play under pressure for there place and the success of the team but it does get a bit galling when you bang on about the same point
Your feelings are noted among those who do not see visiting a forum as a point scoring exercise
You have started on Balogun now
People get it
I also believe the club should draw a line on how they handle contracts etc
You will lose some
You will dodge some bullets
But please don’t let it cloud how you follow
The arsenal
I couldn’t give a f**k about individuals playing well at the arsenal
I want us to do well as a collective


You are not comparing the PL.
So not valid.

It would take quite a convincing argument to show that Auba, if he'd have joined us at 21 (instead of being on loan to Monaco scoring 2 goals all season in the league for them) would be anywhere close to Henry's strike rate.

His time at Arsenal is simply not at the level of Henry - or even that close. Period.

I didn't make this conversation about Auba - you did.
The comparison I used was in SUPPORT of Giroud's Arsenal career by comparing him to one of our good strikers now.
YOU made it about my position on Auba this season.
So, really, only you can let it go.

I do not subscribe to your point of view that we should be positive about every player because they happen to be wearing an Arsenal shirt. They are not Arsenal. They'll be gone soon enough and Arsenal will remain. I have zero loyalty to any player and if they are not performing I care even less about them. I couldn't give a stuff about Balogun. He's done nothing and is leaving. Who cares?

Now Nketiah - as this is the Nketiah thread.
I think he has potential - I have said he needs to score 15-20 goals this year to show some value. If he doesn't. Guess what..? I will want him gone too.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby aniym » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Giroud did not come to Arsenal as an academy rookie, he came as a 25yo Golden Boot and Ligue 1 winner with Montpellier.

Eddie doesn't have that. The only question that should matter is, if we lose a striker to injury, can Eddie fill in to a competent level?
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7657
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
starmandb wrote:You could argue that the peak for a striker is 25 to 27 hence 3 years
Henry’s last 3 years at arsenal where he scored 75 goals in 9677 mins
A goal every 129 mins

Aubameyang at the same age
104 goals in 11702 mins
A goal every 113 mins


The fact that aubameyang did what he did past his peak is good
You have acknowledged that
I am four square behind you in judging what a player could/ will do in the future
To that end I still understand why arsenal offered him a new contract
His form is worrying
You may have shown a good degree of foresight in your reasoning to sell
It was a point I didn’t share
All I ask is you not to jump in on every opportunity to slight
I understand it’s a high pressure game and players should play under pressure for there place and the success of the team but it does get a bit galling when you bang on about the same point
Your feelings are noted among those who do not see visiting a forum as a point scoring exercise
You have started on Balogun now
People get it
I also believe the club should draw a line on how they handle contracts etc
You will lose some
You will dodge some bullets
But please don’t let it cloud how you follow
The arsenal
I couldn’t give a f**k about individuals playing well at the arsenal
I want us to do well as a collective


You are not comparing the PL.
So not valid.

It would take quite a convincing argument to show that Auba, if he'd have joined us at 21 (instead of being on loan to Monaco scoring 2 goals all season in the league for them) would be anywhere close to Henry's strike rate.

His time at Arsenal is simply not at the level of Henry - or even that close. Period.

I didn't make this conversation about Auba - you did.
The comparison I used was in SUPPORT of Giroud's Arsenal career by comparing him to one of our good strikers now.
YOU made it about my position on Auba this season.
So, really, only you can let it go.

I do not subscribe to your point of view that we should be positive about every player because they happen to be wearing an Arsenal shirt. They are not Arsenal. They'll be gone soon enough and Arsenal will remain. I have zero loyalty to any player and if they are not performing I care even less about them. I couldn't give a stuff about Balogun. He's done nothing and is leaving. Who cares?

Now Nketiah - as this is the Nketiah thread.
I think he has potential - I have said he needs to score 15-20 goals this year to show some value. If he doesn't. Guess what..? I will want him gone too.

Guess despite a few conciliatory points I lost again
There’s a shock
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 12351
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 pm

starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
starmandb wrote:You could argue that the peak for a striker is 25 to 27 hence 3 years
Henry’s last 3 years at arsenal where he scored 75 goals in 9677 mins
A goal every 129 mins

Aubameyang at the same age
104 goals in 11702 mins
A goal every 113 mins


The fact that aubameyang did what he did past his peak is good
You have acknowledged that
I am four square behind you in judging what a player could/ will do in the future
To that end I still understand why arsenal offered him a new contract
His form is worrying
You may have shown a good degree of foresight in your reasoning to sell
It was a point I didn’t share
All I ask is you not to jump in on every opportunity to slight
I understand it’s a high pressure game and players should play under pressure for there place and the success of the team but it does get a bit galling when you bang on about the same point
Your feelings are noted among those who do not see visiting a forum as a point scoring exercise
You have started on Balogun now
People get it
I also believe the club should draw a line on how they handle contracts etc
You will lose some
You will dodge some bullets
But please don’t let it cloud how you follow
The arsenal
I couldn’t give a f**k about individuals playing well at the arsenal
I want us to do well as a collective


You are not comparing the PL.
So not valid.

It would take quite a convincing argument to show that Auba, if he'd have joined us at 21 (instead of being on loan to Monaco scoring 2 goals all season in the league for them) would be anywhere close to Henry's strike rate.

His time at Arsenal is simply not at the level of Henry - or even that close. Period.

I didn't make this conversation about Auba - you did.
The comparison I used was in SUPPORT of Giroud's Arsenal career by comparing him to one of our good strikers now.
YOU made it about my position on Auba this season.
So, really, only you can let it go.

I do not subscribe to your point of view that we should be positive about every player because they happen to be wearing an Arsenal shirt. They are not Arsenal. They'll be gone soon enough and Arsenal will remain. I have zero loyalty to any player and if they are not performing I care even less about them. I couldn't give a stuff about Balogun. He's done nothing and is leaving. Who cares?

Now Nketiah - as this is the Nketiah thread.
I think he has potential - I have said he needs to score 15-20 goals this year to show some value. If he doesn't. Guess what..? I will want him gone too.

Guess despite a few conciliatory points I lost again
There’s a shock


Lol, there is no winning and losing on a football forum.
You and I just have very different views on what it means to support the club.
I admire your staunch support of players even if I don't follow the same approach.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 pm

Fair play to the lad. Came on, best palace defender and also showing Arteta why balogun must be kept.
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18909
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:28 pm

Can't believe he came on.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Bring him on to partner laca. Not to replace.

Straight swap meant nothing changed and we had a worse player on

Typical Arteta
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18909
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Held it up and linked well when he came on.
Not enough time.
Actually agree he should have come on - if at all - to partner Laca.
You simply don't take off your top scorer (if they are not injured) when you need a goal - ever.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm

Should be sold.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4423
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Should be sold.


Lol.
:crybaby:
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Eddie Nketiah (30)

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 am

Ach wrote:Fair play to the lad. Came on, best palace defender and also showing Arteta why balogun must be kept.
User avatar
KG3
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: theHotHead and 6 guests