Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 pm

West Ham could target Arsenal's 23-year-old English midfielder Emile Smith Rowe in the summer transfer window. (Caught Offside)

Swap for kudus/JWP
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:24 am

Ach wrote:
West Ham could target Arsenal's 23-year-old English midfielder Emile Smith Rowe in the summer transfer window. (Caught Offside)

Swap for kudus/JWP

Both plus £50m
Then we could sell on Kudus and JWP to Saudi because neither are good enough for Arsenal.
Make some bank and get Mbappe for 2 seasons.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:00 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

Swap for kudus/JWP

Both plus £50m
Then we could sell on Kudus and JWP to Saudi because neither are good enough for Arsenal.

We will be lucky to get £300 for him after Arteta is finished with him, he will be valueless
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:04 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

Swap for kudus/JWP

Both plus £50m

We will be lucky to get £300 for him after Arteta is finished with him, he will be valueless

Not sure what you are on about.
I would never want a manager to play a player that he thought was not his best option just so he could bump up the price for a sale.
Priority is to win football matches.
End of story.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:11 am

I really think ESR is done and will move in the summer he seems to have been forgotten by the manager.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:27 am

Nuggets wrote:I really think ESR is done and will move in the summer he seems to have been forgotten by the manager.

Been done for about 2 years, he’s just been convinced he isn’t by Arteta.

It’s clear as day this guy has no future under Arteta and is wasting his career.

If he sticks around much longer it might be terminal for him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:47 am

Salibatelli wrote:
Nuggets wrote:I really think ESR is done and will move in the summer he seems to have been forgotten by the manager.

Been done for about 2 years, he’s just been convinced he isn’t by Arteta.

It’s clear as day this guy has no future under Arteta and is wasting his career.

If he sticks around much longer it might be terminal for him.

ESR just needs to find another club, sad really he is a good player, I wonder what the beef is between him and Arteta.
Nuggets

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:52 am

Nuggets wrote:
ESR just needs to find another club, sad really he is a good player, I wonder what the beef is between him and Arteta.

Arteta just doesn’t rate him, simple as that.

Somehow he seems to convince players he doesn’t want to stick around even though they will get almost zero game time, not sure what he promises them.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:04 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Arteta just doesn’t rate him, simple as that.

Somehow he seems to convince players he doesn’t want to stick around even though they will get almost zero game time, not sure what he promises them.

I suspect he has simply told ESR that he rates him but he needs to prove he is a player that can be relied upon long term.
I don't know that - no one does but the two of them - but it would seem logical.
That's happening with all players who are injury prone - ESR , Partey , Tomi, even Jesus have all become squad players.
Rightly so - because their injury records preclude them from a starting spot.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:40 pm

ESR , Nelson will remain impact subs this season, because we have arrived at the business end and there's little room for experiments. All highly competitive games with lot at stake and there are players fitter and ahead of them in performance
Again in summer they will be reevaluated. They are young and they might stay or mightn't.
No point in chanting ' X is not rated, Y is not rated', daily.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:13 pm

ag6789 wrote:ESR , Nelson will remain impact subs this season, because we have arrived at the business end and there's little room for experiments. All highly competitive games with lot at stake and there are players fitter and ahead of them in performance
Again in summer they will be reevaluated. They are young and they might stay or mightn't.

Exactly.
It's not all black and white between starters and backups.
Too often couched in terms of 'starting or not rated' or 'starting or leaving'.
Makes no sense when the whole discussion ever since we embarked on the squad rebuild was to have strength in depth.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:42 am

ag6789 wrote:ESR , Nelson will remain impact subs this season, because we have arrived at the business end and there's little room for experiments. All highly competitive games with lot at stake and there are players fitter and ahead of them in performance

Exactly. I want to still see ESR here with us. Just he's missed a lot of football and not had consistent minutes so I'm sadly thinking his future is uncertain.

He's only going to start if theres injuries and suspensions. Still time from him to make a difference for us.

Sent from my SM-A226BR using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:45 am

And thats fine, so why is he not getting more game time in dead games ?? Thats the issue I have with this situation.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:And thats fine, so why is he not getting more game time in dead games ?? Thats the issue I have with this situation.

This!

The way this situation is going we have another Niles situation and we’ll get nothing for ESR (contract runs out in 2026). Remember Emery was interested a while back and we said no.

Arteta needs to sort it out if he doesn’t rate players for whatever reason, he needs to let them while the value is still high. This kid is 23 years old, English, goal scoring midfielder right now if he’s playing for Brighton or something they are asking for 75 million minimum. I can just see it now by next year we will sell him for 15 million or something.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:41 pm

Cracking post and you hit the nail on the head.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk