Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby TRUMP OUT WENGER IN » Mon May 01, 2017 7:26 pm

CHEERS ALL.

I'm flying from the US to come support the squad from May 12th - 17th.

I'll be at the Stoke/Arsenal away match and the Sunderland/Arsenal home match.

Had a couple questions:

I'm staying in London (Kings Cross Rd) and I'm wondering what the best way to get to the Britannia (BET365 Stadium) is, and if theres a meet up where the traveling fans get together to travel up there together? Would love to do that.

Also, any Pre/Post game pubs I should hit up to be in an Arsenal friendly environment?

Any other tips or anything would be appreciated.

20 year AFC fan, these will be my first live matches.

Add me on Instagram and maybe ill buy ya some pints if i see ya @ohsomilky

Thanks in advance,

Ian
TRUMP OUT WENGER IN
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Tue May 02, 2017 7:50 pm

It seems like you got your name wrong, surely that should be Trump In Wenger Out?
The Mountain that Rides
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:41 am

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby TRUMP OUT WENGER IN » Wed May 03, 2017 2:13 am

Touche

But that's a whole other thread my good sir ;)





*still would love a suggestion for meet-ups for the fans traveling to Stoke
TRUMP OUT WENGER IN
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 am

There aren't really many pubs around the Britannnia, there's a Harvester pub near it but thats about it. It won't be friendly up there with those orcs i can guarantee that. Generally people don't travel up with each other on the train, thats mostly for the coaches.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7392
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby diesel » Wed May 03, 2017 11:22 am

Royal Gooner wrote:There aren't really many pubs around the Britannnia, there's a Harvester pub near it but thats about it. It won't be friendly up there with those orcs i can guarantee that. Generally people don't travel up with each other on the train, thats mostly for the coaches.


agree with RG about harvester. possibly going myself with a few lads. awaydays always a giggle on train. load up for KingsX and sing song on the train...oh no hold on, that was away days before Christmas and wheels off. Dont let me take gloss off, you'll have a great day !!
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby UFGN » Wed May 03, 2017 11:35 am

TRUMP OUT WENGER IN wrote:CHEERS ALL.

I'm flying from the US to come support the squad from May 12th - 17th.

I'll be at the Stoke/Arsenal away match and the Sunderland/Arsenal home match.

Had a couple questions:

I'm staying in London (Kings Cross Rd) and I'm wondering what the best way to get to the Britannia (BET365 Stadium) is, and if theres a meet up where the traveling fans get together to travel up there together? Would love to do that.

Also, any Pre/Post game pubs I should hit up to be in an Arsenal friendly environment?

Any other tips or anything would be appreciated.

20 year AFC fan, these will be my first live matches.

Add me on Instagram and maybe ill buy ya some pints if i see ya @ohsomilky

Thanks in advance,

Ian


YOU WILL NEED TO ARRANGE COACH TRAVEL THROUGH THE CLUB, BECAUSE THE LAST TRAIN FROM STOKE TO LONDON LEAVES TOO EARLY FOR YOU TO CATCH IT AFTER THE MATCH

Coaches leave from and return to near the stadium
Image
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 14704
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby Simon_66207 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello everybody

I'm a Swiss AFC fan travelling with my girlfriend to London tomorrow.
And I'm really glad I got tickets for the match on Sunday 7th.
Unfortunately my tickets are not next to each other as they were already sold out.
So I just bought two in the same section (93). Is there any possibility to switch seats during the game or maybe just sit on the stairs?
The game was more important than sitting next to my GF but as you can imagine she's not that happy about it so i try to find a solution. =)

Thank you for helping

Cheers
Simon
Simon_66207
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby UFGN » Wed May 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Simon_66207 wrote:Hello everybody

I'm a Swiss AFC fan travelling with my girlfriend to London tomorrow.
And I'm really glad I got tickets for the match on Sunday 7th.
Unfortunately my tickets are not next to each other as they were already sold out.
So I just bought two in the same section (93). Is there any possibility to switch seats during the game or maybe just sit on the stairs?
The game was more important than sitting next to my GF but as you can imagine she's not that happy about it so i try to find a solution. =)

Thank you for helping

Cheers
Simon


Your only option is to speak to people seated around you on the day and see if there's anyone on their own who wouldn't mind moving, or wait to see if there are spare empty seats after the match starts
Image
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 14704
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby TRUMP OUT WENGER IN » Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm

YOU WILL NEED TO ARRANGE COACH TRAVEL THROUGH THE CLUB, BECAUSE THE LAST TRAIN FROM STOKE TO LONDON LEAVES TOO EARLY FOR YOU TO CATCH IT AFTER THE MATCH

Coaches leave from and return to near the stadium






Thank you good sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman. I will look into it.
TRUMP OUT WENGER IN
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby UFGN » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 pm

TRUMP OUT WENGER IN wrote:
YOU WILL NEED TO ARRANGE COACH TRAVEL THROUGH THE CLUB, BECAUSE THE LAST TRAIN FROM STOKE TO LONDON LEAVES TOO EARLY FOR YOU TO CATCH IT AFTER THE MATCH

Coaches leave from and return to near the stadium






Thank you good sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman. I will look into it.


http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/161 ... nal-travel
Image
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 14704
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Advice for fans visiting Arsenal and / or London

Postby Krigaren » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Anyone know how the cab situation is outsite emirates up holloway rd? I been to a few games but never thought about it. My dilema is this:
I have tickets and will travel to london to watch the nfl london games. They start 14.30 on the 1st of october, and arsenal play brighton 12.00 on the first of october.
In theory i should be able to watch Arsenal, skip on over to wembley and watch the game over there! Am a bit afraid the time might not be on my side thou!
Anyone know aprox how the cab situation is, how long it would take?
User avatar
Krigaren
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:35 am

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], bengulnaci1, Google [Bot], Sims, Yago, Zanatos3 and 14 guests