Super Jacky Wilshere

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Jack Wilshere (10)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 am

Goonerz wrote:I think he just wants first time football. Unai could not promise him first team football. He is 26 years old, been injured for 80% of his career so far.
I am just happy that Unai is not here to play cutie with all our underachieving squad. Unai himself is thinking about his own future here and he too has to look after himself. If he plays cuteness with our weak players like Wenger did then he knows very well that he will be gone at the end of next season with bad performances.

Exactly.

But what does this tell us? that Jack Wilshere's level of first team football is Everton, Wolves, Sampdoria, West Ham, Southampton??

I mean ffs even Ox had Liverpool and even that seems to be 2nd team starter, same with Giroud at Chelsea, our former first team starters are top 6, 2nd string!!

I mean what kind of show are we running here if our players who play 1st team football for us can't even get a 1st team starting offer from any top 8 side??

If that doesn't show it all I don't know what does, our players used to get offers from Barcelona, City, Chelsea and Utd ffs, first team as well not back ups.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 am

Callum wrote:I seem to be in the minority here but I wish he had decided to stay and am sad to see him go, although I understand why he's decided to leave. Always found the notion that he was somehow living off of that game vs. Barcelona as a total nonsense - I heard that game used against him more often than not - and despite his injury problems he still turned out to be a very good player who was worthy of the shirt. He might not have lived up to his potential but I feel that was more down to bad luck rather than a lack of trying, and whoever he signs for will be getting a bargain.

Thanks for everything Jack and best of luck for the future.

Well said. :clap:
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 am

'I can confirm that I will be leaving Arsenal Football Club when my contract expires at the end of June.

'Following a number of extensive conversations with those at the club, and in particular a recent meeting with the new manager, Unai Emery, I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons.

'As has widely been reported I, along with my representative, have been in talks with the club for a number of months with the view to signing a new contract to extend my stay at the Emirates.

'My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player. I have been on the books at Arsenal for 17 years and have always felt part of the fabric of the club. Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club.

'However, following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.

'I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing regular first team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal.

'Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch.

'I have experienced some incredible times at Arsenal and have met friends that will last a lifetime. I leave with memories that will stay with me forever from my time at the club. From making my debut at such a young age, to playing in the Champions League and of course winning two FA Cups in consecutive seasons, there are just too many highlights to mention.

'There will be the opportunity to talk properly when the time is right but for now I would just like to thank everyone at the club for everything over the past 17 years, in particular Arsene Wenger and his staff, all of my teammates over the years, everyone at the Academy for helping me to fulfil my dream and of course the fans, who I have always shared such a special relationship with. I will never be able to truly repay the love, faith and belief that the fans have always shown in me. It’s meant so much to me and my family over the years and I hope you are able to celebrate the success you deserve in the coming years. Thank you.

'I would like to place on record my respect for Mr Emery and my appreciation for his honesty and candor, and I wish him, the team and the club all the very best for the future.

'I’m feeling fit, sharp and strong and will be working tirelessly to ensure I am in peak condition ahead of the new season.

'I’ll now be taking the time necessary to consider my options before deciding on the next stage of my career.

'JW.'
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:28 am

bye

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Probably means you'd be out with an injury for months
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:34 am

Well what did he expect?

Unai Emery is a manager who's just walked away from PSG ....... and the squad he had.

Did we think he was going to go from Neymar to Wilshere and for him to think "Yes I can win with these players"?

What we're seeing are the actions of a manager who's looked at the team and know's his job is on the line to deliver and only wants players he feels can get him the results he needs.
Not a manager like Wenger who thinks he'll leave when he feels like it, results be damned.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 am

He put in 17 years (for which he was paid) so fair play for that .... but letting 'Mr Average' leave gives me great hope for Emery .... finally somebody who can see the wood from the trees .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 am

very sad to see him go he was a good player for us when he was healthy and he bleeds arsenal we need more players with that type of passion I wish he would stayed and proved to emery that he can start but i understand why he needs to leave. I wish him the best in his career and hope he can fulfill his potential. he was always class and his love for arsenal always stood out.
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:51 am

I could cry :')

Loving the new Arsenal—results or buh bye. Fvck the sentimentality that's been holding the club back the past few years.

And now Ozil can finally have the #10 he should've had so long ago.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 am

LMAO wrote:I could cry :')

Loving the new Arsenal—results or buh bye. Fvck the sentimentality that's been holding the club back the past few years.

And now Ozil can finally have the #10 he should've had so long ago.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Rockape » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 am

Not sure how I feel tbh, he played well for the first two thirds of last season, but faded. I wonder why?

I suppose it’s all about the person who replaces him as to whether it’s a good decision or not.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:36 am

Bye Jack. I wish you could have reached that potential but it wasn't to be.

Please go to West Ham and f**k up spurs when you play them

Cheers xx
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 am

Callum wrote:I seem to be in the minority here but I wish he had decided to stay and am sad to see him go, although I understand why he's decided to leave. Always found the notion that he was somehow living off of that game vs. Barcelona as a total nonsense - I heard that game used against him more often than not - and despite his injury problems he still turned out to be a very good player who was worthy of the shirt. He might not have lived up to his potential but I feel that was more down to bad luck rather than a lack of trying, and whoever he signs for will be getting a bargain.

Thanks for everything Jack and best of luck for the future.

My exact take on it. But Jack can’t complain, been here for more than 10 years and hardly played in all that time due to injuries, which is hardly his fault but I can understand where Unai is coming from as well as where Jack is coming from. Better for both parties i guess.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Goonerz wrote:I think he just wants first time football. Unai could not promise him first team football. He is 26 years old, been injured for 80% of his career so far.
I am just happy that Unai is not here to play cutie with all our underachieving squad. Unai himself is thinking about his own future here and he too has to look after himself. If he plays cuteness with our weak players like Wenger did then he knows very well that he will be gone at the end of next season with bad performances.

Exactly.

But what does this tell us? that Jack Wilshere's level of first team football is Everton, Wolves, Sampdoria, West Ham, Southampton??

I mean ffs even Ox had Liverpool and even that seems to be 2nd team starter, same with Giroud at Chelsea, our former first team starters are top 6, 2nd string!!

I mean what kind of show are we running here if our players who play 1st team football for us can't even get a 1st team starting offer from any top 8 side??

If that doesn't show it all I don't know what does, our players used to get offers from Barcelona, City, Chelsea and Utd ffs, first team as well not back ups.

Apart from Sanchez in from this recent era, at least he got both Manchester cluns interested in him. And before he left so many gooners were saying how he was overrated, Arsenal better off without him etc..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby #ST » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:41 am

Well he could've stayed as a squad member and I'd be happy to keep him as such, but he didn't want that and I respect him for that.

He has always shown effort and heart.

I'm happy Ozil will finally get the 10 shirt though.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @03-04-'24 = 2 - 0 Luton Town
Next game @14-04-'24 = VS Aston Villa [ Block 122 - Seat 875 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 am

Bald bastard stabbed him in the back. I hope termites eat his balls.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club