Re: Theo Walcott announces retirement from football

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Theo Walcott (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:28 pm

If that doesn't sum it up I don't know what does ............

Giroud's competition at AFC is Walcott.

I'm bailing on this convo because my only concern is Lacazette, Giroud fans are actually propping up Giroud by measuring him against Waclott, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of playing this low balling sort of game.

Lacazette vs Giroud ....... this season, lets see how that one goes.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:08 pm

After more than 10 years of walcott there are still some people here trying to convince us he is good enough. I just dont get it
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If that doesn't sum it up I don't know what does ............

Giroud's competition at AFC is Walcott.

I'm bailing on this convo because my only concern is Lacazette, Giroud fans are actually propping up Giroud by measuring him against Waclott, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of playing this low balling sort of game.

Lacazette vs Giroud ....... this season, lets see how that one goes.

Giroud fans=Kite33?

Do you count a man whose idea of a pickup line is to say brother I want to f**k her?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm

gooney wrote:After more than 10 years of walcott there are still some people here trying to convince us he is good enough. I just dont get it

Who are these people?

If your referring to myself then I'd urge you to read what I'm saying properly, I've not once said he's good enough for the team, I've said he scores comparably with Giroud all things considered (position, minutes, starting games) in fact he scores more.

That is a fact, it is not me saying Walcott should be a first team choice, maybe its my way of saying this is why for years I've said Giroud should not be and shouldn't of been our first choice striker.

Walcott scored 19 goals last season and this season including pre season has scored more times than Giroud to which in the league they are currently one a piece.

I've had to put up with Giroud for 5 long years, I'm allowed to state my case.

Tbf to Walcott though, 19 goals is a respectable goal tally.

Again ........ in comparison to Giroud 2016/2017

Walcott
Appearances: 37
Goals: 19

Giroud
Appearances: 40
Goals: 16

Now what?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:30 am

DiamondGooner wrote: Again ........ in comparison to Giroud 2016/2017

Walcott
Appearances: 37
Goals: 19

Giroud
Appearances: 40
Goals: 16

Nice piece of stat manipulation .....

Try the actual 2016/17 EPL Walnutt comparison to Giroud

Walnutt apperances 23 + 5 total minutes 1925 - 10 gaols 2 assists - goal every 192 minutes
Giroud appearances 11 + 18 total minutes 1198 - 12 goals 3 assists - goal every 100 minutes

The real numbers paint a very different story ......

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/13/Archive/England-Arsenal
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:46 am

Real numbers? stat manipulation?

I got this straight off a football website and the numbers are right, stat manipulation is what your doing picking and choosing Prem league only, when you play a season its all the games you play, what so CL doesn't count? Carling Cup doesn't count? etc.

Yes they do.

And he accuses me of stat manipulation ........ why cause I laid them all out on the table?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 am

gooney wrote:After more than 10 years of walcott there are still some people here trying to convince us he is good enough. I just dont get it

:clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Real numbers? stat manipulation?

I got this straight off a football website and the numbers are right, stat manipulation is what your doing picking and choosing Prem league only, when you play a season its all the games you play, what so CL doesn't count? Carling Cup doesn't count? etc.

Yes they do.

And he accuses me of stat manipulation ........ why cause I laid them all out on the table?

No mate ... because you want to compare Apples with Oranges ... CL v Bayern and League Cup v Sutton they are not the same ...

Whilst I admit not all EPL games are the same over a season it's the fairest comparison. Also WTF is 'games played' that's a meaningless number ... if a player comes on for the last 15 minutes of 30 games then he's got more 'games played' than a player who plays the full 90 minutes in 29 games? seriously ....

When comparing players in the same teams you have to look at their relative minutes played .... which is what most websites do ... you can still compare goals scored / assists and the like ... but to see who is the most effective it's goals scored per minute played ...

Here are last season's EPL's best ....... the data is from http://www.premierleague.com

Kane 94 mins per goal
Giroud 100 mins
Aguero 130 mins
Lukaku 132 mins
Sanchez 137 mins
Son 141 mins
Ibrahimovic 143 mins
Costa 151 mins
llorente 169 mins
King 170 mins

Also if you used a football website then reference it ... otherwise how the feck can anyone know?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 am

Didn't Theo score v Bayern....
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Cripps wrote:Didn't Theo score v Bayern....

He did
And against Liverpool
Chelsea
And man city twice
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Cripps » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Not big games tbh

Scored in a cup final as well

Twice

Not a big game player though

Scored 100 goals in just over 10 seasons of playing time.

Averages only 6 goals a season though apparently.

Too many people got brainwashed by the 2006 World Cup call up and hes going to be the next Ronaldo who went to went to the 1994 World Cup as a kid and didn't play and we all saw how his career panned out. People believed the hype about theo. Got sucked in by the media and when as expected he didn't turn out to be the best player of all time, the hate started. Hes already made Hansen a world renowned pundit grovel with an apology. Hes made Gooney a wreck so much so that he makes up things to hate him for. Hes completely messed with EKs head who cant do simple mathematics. God knows how many times Nuggets has been put on suicide watch over the past year and the name changes WBP had. GA was destroyed just this past week ffs

Is he a major problem? No. Is he even a problem? Lol no.

If we find someone better then by all means replace him. Nelson isn't that player. Yet. Iwobi lol

Things could be worse, we could have a Lennon or a Sterling.

Always look on the Brightside of life
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 am

That's still only 10 goals a season even if we include Mickey Mouse games
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:That's still only 10 goals a season even if we include Mickey Mouse games

:clap: :clap:
Yep he is a real asset. :rolleyes:
Nuggets

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 am

Cripps if you think Theo is the standard of player who will win us an EPL or a CL then that's your right .... he's been here with the other shower of average for ten years, remind me just how many EPL's and CL's he's won us so far?

He's not a 'bad' player ... he's just nowhere near the standard of a top European side ... can you imagine him at Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG, City, Utd the idea is laughable ....

Whilst we continue to have players of this calibre who are in Wonger's words 'key players' we will no longer compete for, let alone win, either of the major trophies ...

Have you not been watching for the last decade? ... we're 15 points short and last sixteen also rans ... for feck's sake even the Spuds now have higher ambitions than we do ...

We must move on ... Theo, Aaaron, Jack and the clown prince Wonger all need to be in our past not in our future ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 am

EliteKiller wrote:Cripps if you think Theo is the standard of player who will win us an EPL or a CL then that's your right .... he's been here with the other shower of average for ten years, remind me just how many EPL's and CL's he's won us so far?

He's not a 'bad' player ... he's just nowhere near the standard of a top European side ... can you imagine him at Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG, City, Utd the idea is laughable ....

Whilst we continue to have players of this calibre who are in Wonger's words 'key players' we will no longer compete for, let alone win, either of the major trophies ...

Have you not been watching for the last decade? ... we're 15 points short and last sixteen also rans ... for feck's sake even the Spuds now have higher ambitions than we do ...

We must move on ... Theo, Aaaron, Jack and the clown prince Wonger all need to be in our past not in our future ....

He wouldn't get into the Spurs team, the United team, the City team, the Chelsea team, the Liverpool team, probably won't get in the Stoke team either.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club