The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal,
or come in and read all about your beloved club Arsenal.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby themessiah » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:11 pm

If he was not Registered to play against Pubbers like Dundalk in the Europa league. Then what made people think he was going to make the PL sqaud?
themessiah
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Arteta growing a brain and seeing we lack creativity
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Mustafi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:23 pm

So at least we don't need to talk about Ozil until February.
Mustafi
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:43 pm

League and fa cup says otherwise ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm

He knew this was coming so the fact he's done nothing all summer until now to find himself a new club and actually play some football tell us all the truth we need to know.

I feel upset tbh about how this will end. This is jist sad and a huge reason of many why we have been so near but so far from top 4 the last 3 years. I didn't want this. I lost all patience with him after Baku but even then i didn't think it would turn out this badly.

Our club on the pitch has suffered because of this drama and issues with how poor Ozil has been and nobody wanted this to end this way. We can't get away from the fact Ozil needs to look himself in the mirror and realize he has no excuse for the situation his career is in right now. A grotesquely overpaid washed up, has been who nobody wants.
Last edited by elkanofan on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mustafi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Santi wrote:League and fa cup says otherwise ;)

Does each competition has its own squad?
Mustafi

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Mustafi wrote:

Cup comps don’t have a squad, anyone can play. Only Europe and the PL have formalised squads to pick from.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mustafi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Santi wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Cup comps don’t have a squad, anyone can play. Only Europe and the PL have formalised squads to pick from.

Cheers, I still think he won't be playing in the cups though unless everyone else is injured.
Mustafi

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Cheers, I still think he won't be playing in the cups though unless everyone else is injured.

Me either but it’ll give the media and fans more chances to go ‘wHeRe Iz OzIL?’.

And fans like me a chance to point out that joe willock is shit and big Mes should’ve earned his 350k pw ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mustafi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Santi wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:
Mustafi wrote:

Me either but it’ll give the media and fans more chances to go ‘wHeRe Iz OzIL?’.

And fans like me a chance to point out that joe willock is shit and big Mes should’ve earned his 350k pw ;)

True dat.

I will try to forget we have Özil, but I think at some point I will blame Arteta as well, when we are not creative enough.
Mustafi

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Interesting comments from Mers - so Ozil got married and seven months later became a dad - shotgun wedding comes to mind. With those to massive personal life changes just maybe football is no longer a big deal for him ... just a shame we've had to pay for it.
EliteKiller
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby aniym » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm

swipe right wrote:Name a better creative midfielder at Arsenal than Ozil. Go on.

Mhikytaryan. Outscored and out-assisted Ozil for the one season they played together, despite his terrible fitness.

Of course, he prioritized first team football over his bank account, so he's no longer here. Currently killing it for Roma.
aniym
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:05 pm

aniym wrote:
swipe right wrote:Name a better creative midfielder at Arsenal than Ozil. Go on.

Mhikytaryan. Outscored and out-assisted Ozil for the one season they played together, despite his terrible fitness.

Of course, he prioritized first team football over his bank account, so he's no longer here. Currently killing it for Roma.

His bank account was unaffected seeing as he got the same wage while playing at Roma. Pretty sure he also didn't take a paycut to join them permanently and hence Arsenal let him go for free.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:19 pm

As I said it's a simple equation now.
Arteta has a successful season - which means top 4 - or it is entirely his fault that we didn't.
Managers who want to make huge decisions like this live or die by them.
No excuses.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Lacazette and Willock in July against Wolves. Willock with the assist Laca with the goal.

Before that Laca came of the bench to get the assist against Southampton in June setting up Willock. Before that Lacac got a goal and assist when coming on against Newcastle in a 5 minute cameo back in February.

Nketiah came off the bench to score against West Ham to win us the game.this season.

Nelson has done anything of note off the bench and Willian has only come off from the bench for us once in his short career at Arsenal.

When was the last time any of those players ran a game? When was the last tome they were motm for a game?

I thought willian was our best player at Fulham and lacazette our best player home to Liverpool at the back end of last season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal FC