The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:
indy23 wrote:If zidanes overrated af what the f**k is ozil lol.

Talk about missing the point. My Zidane conversation was irregardless of Ozil.

We get it. Gooners don't like Ozil. We know that. We're aware of it.

Power n Glory wrote:We really need to close this thread. All the top clubs passed up on signing Ozil when he was available on a free and he won't go anywhere this summer either.

Well, considering we're run by bureaucrats, I don't have much hope either. The first thing on the agenda should be selling Ozil, or leveraging his sale. If we agree to sell Ozil for less than £20m, it won't be an issue. Ozil isn't the kind to stay if he's not wanted here. Contrary to the popular belief, Ozil didn't offer himself the £350k contract.

Personally, I bloody hope we sell Ozil even if we don't sign any player. I can't take another season of, "No haz no UCL title coz dat Wozil suckas... Don Unai," kind of narrative.

If the devil gave me a choice:

a. Ozil stays, we finish 17th;
b. Ozil leaves, we get relegated.

I'd take the latter. Any day of the week.

He was available on a free and nobody moved for him. You can't sell a player if you're not getting bids. All the talk from his representatives suggests they are willing to stay where he's not wanted. He won't move to a lesser club or league. That includes China and Turkey. He'r happily collect his wagess from the bench at Arsenal .

And you know nobody was in for him how?

Because he's still here and if anyone enquired about him they obviously thought he wasn't worth the money.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm

UFGN wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:The most dangerous place to be is in bed. Do you think riding jet skis is more dangerous than being in bed? Because statistically more people die in bed than on jet skis.

Let’s get back to football shall we. Goals and assists are what’s used to judge players and that’s what’s been provided. If you got nothing sensible to say, stay away.
Sorry mate :lipssealed: :shifty:

Thing is though you spend about a third of your life in bed and probably about 1 hr in an average lifetime on a jet ski
You mean the circumstances make the data invalid? A bit like comparing players playing different roles in different teams in different leagues then :shifty:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:The most dangerous place to be is in bed. Do you think riding jet skis is more dangerous than being in bed? Because statistically more people die in bed than on jet skis.

Cause and effect, thats what you are missing the act of being in bed is not what kills you, the act of jet skiing is what kills you.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And you know nobody was in for him how?

Because he's still here and if anyone enquired about him they obviously thought he wasn't worth the money.

And what if the money Arsenal wanted did not match their valuation, i.e. Arsenal want considerably more than he, their marquee player, is worth?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Cause and effect, thats what you are missing the act of being in bed is not what kills you, the act of jet skiing is what kills you.

Don't encourage him. He’s just trolling.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:And you know nobody was in for him how?

And what if the money Arsenal wanted did not match their valuation, i.e. Arsenal want considerably more than he, their marquee player, is worth?

Yeah, right. Have you heard anything like that from any source? The latest is that we're even considering buying out his contract to get rid of him. With it being so obvious that we want him out and Emery really not liking him, what's the odds on Ozil still sticking around? Says a lot about him if a stays this summer.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Exactly. Stats become meaningless when they thwart the oppositions arguments. Its not even like the stats are obscure stats like, number of ¾ pace runs per match or some shit. They are bread and butter stats!! Appearances, goals, assists.

Watch some numpty argue about the "quality of the assists" :rofll:

Ok

Xavi has 52 goals and 66 assists in 428 apps for Barca

Ramsey has 64 goals and 69 assists in 367 apps for Arsenal

Who is the better player?

Mate, I will play your game but I will play it "my way"!!

Look at Xavi's stats and look who his team mates have been and the standard of all 20 teams across La Liga i.e look at the delta between the top clubs and the bottom clubs.

Now tell me Ramsey scoring more goals and providing more assists in a stronger league playing alongside worse players than Xavi did isn't more of an achievement.

Think about that before you answer because I chose my words very carefully.

I know you did, you pussyfooted around the question.

I didn't ask what is more of an achievement, I asked who the better player is.

Still waiting for an answer.

Ramsey or Xavi, who is the better player?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Exactly. Stats become meaningless when they thwart the oppositions arguments. Its not even like the stats are obscure stats like, number of ¾ pace runs per match or some shit. They are bread and butter stats!! Appearances, goals, assists.

Watch some numpty argue about the "quality of the assists" :rofll:

Ok

Xavi has 52 goals and 66 assists in 428 apps for Barca

Ramsey has 64 goals and 69 assists in 367 apps for Arsenal

Who is the better player?

Dead and buried

:skull:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:43 pm

xavi vs ramsey? funny.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:06 pm

No wonder our clubs in shambles. Fans can't judge difference between a generational midfielder like xavi vs an inconsistent vastly inferior Ramsey. Ramsey is closer to f***ing Noble than xavi. End this blasphemy.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:15 pm

indy23 wrote:No wonder our clubs in shambles. Fans can't judge difference between a generational midfielder like xavi vs an inconsistent vastly inferior Ramsey. Ramsey is closer to f***ing Noble than xavi. End this blasphemy.

But dem STatS THO!

Cleary Ramsey is unequivocally better and it's impossible to argue otherwise.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Also if stats are paramount then Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and Fabregas would have to be considered 10x better than Vieira and Keane.
Last edited by Va-Va-Voom on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Can someone look up Xavi and Iniesta's chance creation stats? They may just edge it. Lol
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Zedie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Can someone look up Xavi and Iniesta's chance creation stats? They may just edge it. Lol

Doesn't matter. OP said goals and assists were the only stats that matter so that's why ramsey goes down in the history books as better than xavi.

Also why vava correctly dispelled the myth that Keane and Vieira were better than Lampard.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Zedie wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Can someone look up Xavi and Iniesta's chance creation stats? They may just edge it. Lol

Doesn't matter. OP said goals and assists were the only stats that matter so that's why ramsey goes down in the history books as better than xavi.

Also why vava correctly dispelled the myth that Keane and Vieira were better than Lampard.

Lampard was better than Keane and Vieira though. He had a lot more impact than Vieira and won a heck of a lot more trophies
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club