The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 am

Angelito wrote:I've said it 5 million times.

Ozil took a pay cut to join Arsenal.

It's not about wages alone. He's settled in London.

If Ozil wants to leave, he will gladly join another club and take a paycut.

At this stage, I do wish he leaves too. It's best for Ozil.

And I'd also like to see the trend here once these Wenger players leave and Raul/Unai replaces them with the likes of Denis Suarez.
He took a pay cut cos he fancied an easy ride and knew he'd get that under Wenger. Well not any more!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:25 am

And I'd also like to see the trend here once these Wenger players leave and Raul/Unai replaces them with the likes of Denis Suarez.

We need what's best for Arsenal. That always has to be the focal point and priority. Wish Ozil the best if he leaves but you can't delight in our anguish if Raul and Unai fail.

Saw a good Tweet a second ago. 'Let's boo our managers decision to take off Lacazette... Sing for Giroud to come on to score against us.... Sing you've bought it all (to Chelsea fans), whilst hating on Stan. Confused much?'

We have to get our priorities straight even if we don't agree with some of the decisions.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 am

Mesut Ozil sends message to Arsenal team-mates after being left out of Chelsea win...........................what he couldn't tell them face to face lol Ozils PR team working overtime lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Chris Sharma » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:11 am

So when he does not send a message, he is criticized for not supporting the team.
When he sends a message he has again done wrong.

Özil can really not do anything right in some eyes. A classical lose-lose situation.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:20 pm

I don't usually support this 'you don't like a player you're a hater' lark that goes on but Ozil detractors are true haters in the full sense of the word.

They wouldn't even want him to do well at this point because they'd look f***ing dumb.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:I just can't see that 1st half happening today if Ozil plays. If there is one weak link in a high press, the whole thing fails.

Someone prove me wrong.

Because today's the first time he hasn't played since forever, right?

Cut the guy some slack. He won't be around next season.

What is it with you and your love affair with Ozil lol anybody says anything against him and you are down their throats. It's just an opinion.

It’s the weirdest thing ever.
These people are so wrapped up in their Ozil bubble that anyone that says anything critical about him gets them all emotional, sensitive and hormonal.

It’s a weird dynamic. I have never seen anythinh like this for all the decades as gooner. You might think Ozil is related to them individually or that they know him personally by the way they get all sensitive and emotional with any slight ozil criticism. It seems personal to them.

It’s bordering on CULT mentality l tell you. Lol

This is real life, opinions are subjective and not everyone thinks the same. Some Ozil cultists don’t understand this.

Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm seeing one solution here and that's for Ozil to take another paycut. Its clear his wages are the main problem.

Ozil gets to stay in London, the club doesn't have to pay a player more than what he's worth, and the fans gets to see more of Ozil's brilliance. Wins all around except for Ozil's pockets.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

I'm seeing one solution here and that's for Ozil to take another paycut. Its clear his wages are the main problem.

Ozil gets to stay in London, the club doesn't have to pay a player more than what he's worth, and the fans gets to see more of Ozil's brilliance. Wins all around except for Ozil's pockets.

As PL legend Winston Bogarde explained:

"According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea: he was astounded at the salary the club had agreed on, as his value depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action, and decided to stay and honour his contract to the letter and appear for training every day, despite being only rarely selected to play.[15]

Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract"
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 pm

aniym wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

"According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea: he was astounded at the salary the club had agreed on, as his value depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action, and decided to stay and honour his contract to the letter and appear for training every day, despite being only rarely selected to play.[15]

Of his contract he said, "Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract"

Exactly. Ozil doesn't take the pay cut. Arsenal take the reduced transfer fee to ensure that his wages are matched.

Thst or they sell to a club that don't care about wage cap.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Zedie wrote:
aniym wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Exactly. Ozil doesn't take the pay cut. Arsenal take the reduced transfer fee to ensure that his wages are matched.

Thst or they sell to a club that don't care about wage cap.

If the reason Ozil doesn't want to go is indeed because he's comfortable staying in London, then taking a pay cut should not be an issue for him. Unfortunately, Ozil is the one that has to pay for the club's bad management but what's done is done and the only options for him, as far as I can see, is to take a paycut and stay in London or keep his wages and leave London. The only way Ozil comes out a winner in all this, is if Chelsea want him and can match his wages
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Dynamite » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:57 pm

:rofll: of course he did.... :rofll:

On 18 August 2010, the footballer signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid, earning for the first time in his career on a grand scale. The Madrilenes guaranteed him, according to football leaks, an annual gross salary of at least € 8,771,930

Özil joined with a signature on 2 September 2013 for a transfer fee of 50 million euros to the London club Arsenal FC, where also the then national team colleagues Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker played. Never before has Arsenal and his coach Arsene Wenger so much money spent for a football player as for Özil.

Again, the contract details have become known through football leaks:

Annual gross base salary of the Gunners: 10.2 million euros
Premium for reaching the Champions League group phase: 1.8 million euros
Hand money on conclusion of the contract (payable on 5 stages at 1.2 million): 6 million euros
Who now thinks that this list was everything, should hold on well, because the German has agreed with Arsenal on a " guaranteed annual minimum ", which according to football leaks amounts to 8,077,000 euros net . How are these possible extra payments processed? With its own marketing company (The "Özil Marketing GmbH"), to the Arsenal London until June 2018 further 1,476,095 euros annually transferred to "officially" promote the superstar.

Contract extension 2018
The contract extension in early 2018 with Arsenal makes Özil rise to the top earner of the Premier League. He earns an incredible 350,000 pounds a week , which equals a year's salary of 18.2 million pounds. This translates to about 20.7 million euros.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:

He took a pay cut cos he fancied an easy ride and knew he'd get that under Wenger. Well not any more!!!

When did he take a pay cut?
Wasn’t he on about £80,000 -£90,000 at Madrid?

Weren’t Arsenal paying him in the region of £145,000-£150,000 a week when he joined us?
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Santi wrote:I don't usually support this 'you don't like a player you're a hater' lark that goes on but Ozil detractors are true haters in the full sense of the word.

They wouldn't even want him to do well at this point because they'd look f***ing dumb.

It's not worth it.

No matter how logical an argument you pose.

No matter the stats.

No matter the influence he has on the team.

These haters are hounding him like rabid dogs. Don't really have faith in our fanbase as it's the dumbest in England and this forum is filled with dim-witted propagandists who want Ozil out because they simply dislike the man.

Not worth arguing with this lot.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Angelito wrote:
Santi wrote:I don't usually support this 'you don't like a player you're a hater' lark that goes on but Ozil detractors are true haters in the full sense of the word.

It's not worth it.

No matter how logical an argument you pose.

No matter the stats.

No matter the influence he has on the team.

These haters are hounding him like rabid dogs. Don't really have faith in our fanbase as it's the dumbest in England and this forum is filled with dim-witted propagandists who want Ozil out because they simply dislike the man.

Not worth arguing with this lot.

I think the true actual haters are minimal though.

Most of them have posted on the last two pages and I only count 3-4 at most.

The others are just normal fans who like Ozil but are genuinely concerned (as am I) in where he fits in to Emery's philosophy if he's not going to join in the press game?

Honestly I'm at a point now where I have to back the manager's approach, Ozil could make this very easy on everyone involved and just be part of the front 3 and press with the rest of them.

Pressing doesn't involve tackles and tracking back loads, its the midfield 3 who do that, what the front 3 are supposed to do is rush the opposition back line so they make mistakes or rush their passing allowing the midfield 3 to close them down and tackle them.

Hopefully Ozil will simply just join in and make his selection more attractive to Emery saving us all a lot of bother.

Simple fact is this, Emery's 4-3-3 press formation does not have any room for a pure luxury player, Ozil needs to add one wrinkle to his game like Lacazette has, I think 350k pw is worth just one wrinkle?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Ozil does press though so I don’t get Emery’s beef at all. He’s not a runner like Ramsey so if all you want is press then play Aaron but you’ll lose what else you get with Mesut and he hasn’t even been playing Ramsey anyway.

It all just stinks and I don’t understand it
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club