Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am

Marsbar100 wrote:It's the only way it's really excusesable, he is an utter clown otherwise.

Not playing Ramsey especially if you can't play ozil is also beyond clown like, he is doing some bizzare things it has to be said.

Exactly. People can argue as much as they want about the quality of the squad but surely he should be trying to get the best out of what he has, it doesn't look like he wants to do that at all, im not sure what he is trying to do.
theHotHead
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am

There is now no question Emery wants Ozil out ... I agree with him and others don't, football is all about opinions ... however as it stands not one club has so far made an official approach to buy Ozil (I guess the salary is an issue not just for us) and Ozil has made it clear he does not want to go out on loan. Sounds like a standoff where the big loser is going to be Arsenal football club. Like Payet at West Ham this could end very badly.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Ozil holds all the cards here, i think Emery is going to have to back down and start to use ozil, realistically we will have to keep ozil until summer 2020 at least, I think in his last year we could sort something out but not ATM.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

I understand emery earlier when he demanded ozil to do more. But what he is doing now is sabotaging his own success.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 pm

It looks like it I don't think it's going to work tbh, no one is going to buy him with them wages and I doubt he is going to want to lose them wages and take a huge paycut.

The best scenario in terms of getting rid of him is a loan where we pay half his wages, surely it's better for us to pay him 350k than pay him 175k to play for another team.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Dejan wrote:Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

I understand emery earlier when he demanded ozil to do more. But what he is doing now is sabotaging his own success.

There very well could be.

Emery's position as Coach means he will have directives from above, he is not in the same position as Wenger where he makes policy.

As a coach would you so brazenly isolate your most expensive player wage wise if this hadn't been approved as an overall strategy?

We'll have to see how this plays out but as I said earlier, Ramsey and Ozil going is enough wage space for 3 top players or even 4 players if lower tier mixed in.

Its a combined £460k pw of wages
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Dejan wrote:Any chance that the board, or anyone above emery is creating the whole ozil sabotage in objective to free up space for wages/new players?

Its a pointless fight tbh. The man has contract until 2021 with 350k week deal. Do they really think by feeding the media negative stuff he is gonna walk away from the club? And ozil has the support of the fans. When you are struggling to create and you bring in bellerin and torreira to sort that. Then you are losing the battle. His statement saying the players picked were the one who deserved it smacks of huge ego. Ultimately emerys job is to do whats best for Arsenal football club and give us the best chance to win every match. He did not do that against west ham picking 3 rbs in the squad ahead of ozil. And that to me is very serious thing
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Emery's position as Coach means he will have directives from above, he is not in the same position as Wenger where he makes policy.

As a coach would you so brazenly isolate your most expensive player wage wise if this hadn't been approved as an overall strategy?

We'll have to see how this plays out but as I said earlier, Ramsey and Ozil going is enough wage space for 3 top players or even 4 players if lower tier mixed in.

I think this is the sensible approach even if Ozil was performing consistently. It just makes sense for us as a club atm, despite how good he is on his best days.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I think this is the sensible approach even if Ozil was performing consistently. It just makes sense for us as a club atm, despite how good he is on his best days.
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm

What does it say simmy boy

Cant see it

Rest in Peace SE13 :(

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:56 pm

A pic of Ozil training, with the caption "No matter what ... put in the work" ^

Maybe I'm reading between the lines too much, but the sounds pretty significant.
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Sims wrote:

This is war imo. Pr war and the manager is openly questioning his work rate and commitment and this is his response. I expect more. After west ham emery would be brave man to bench him against chelsea
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:03 pm

f**k Emery I back Ozil.

At first I wasn't convinced there was a fight but too many times he's been completely dropped now for that to be untrue.

100% he starts against Chelsea and Emery hopes he plays shit to justify it all.

#YoPierre
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Santi wrote:f**k Emery I back Ozil.

At first I wasn't convinced there was a fight but too many times he's been completely dropped now for that to be untrue.

100% he starts against Chelsea and Emery hopes he plays shit to justify it all.

Well the trick is this though ........... a top player wouldn't play sh*t would he?

If this is a coup to get him out, if Ozil wants to block it then he needs to perform, that way he'll have the fans on his side.
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk