The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Pudpop » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Didn't watch either but I really don't see how judging a player based on 18 mins after coming back from injury is going to help.

We finally have a formation which will allow Ozil to play at CAM with both Laca and Auba on the pitch. We'd be stupid not to try it
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 pm

It’s more the fact he looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

He lost possession by trying a step over. Fair enough. He then made no attempt to win the ball back even though there was a scrap between 2 of their players and Auba 2 yards from where he was stood. 20 seconds later they scored.

He also looked half arsed on Thursday. I went to the game and there was one moment where we lost possession and he made a motion as if he was about to run back and put in a challenge before stop starting and proceeding to jog back effortlessly

Not good enough for a player we went above and beyond to keep
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Yep was screaming at him for the stepover soon as he did it, decided to call him a useless c*** after they put it in 20 secs later.

Was a useless performance, funnily enough I was moaning at Emery all game to get him on and thought he should've started, fml.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:53 am

alexafc12 wrote:It’s more the fact he looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

He lost possession by trying a step over. Fair enough. He then made no attempt to win the ball back even though there was a scrap between 2 of their players and Auba 2 yards from where he was stood. 20 seconds later they scored.

He also looked half arsed on Thursday. I went to the game and there was one moment where we lost possession and he made a motion as if he was about to run back and put in a challenge before stop starting and proceeding to jog back effortlessly

Half-arsing in a dead rubber Europa league game I can understand tbf. Not really going to complain about it. I didn't watch on Sunday but if he was as annoying as people are saying he was I would have been shouting at him too.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

bye
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Pudpop wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:It’s more the fact he looked like he couldn’t be arsed.

Half-arsing in a dead rubber Europa league game I can understand tbf. Not really going to complain about it. I didn't watch on Sunday but if he was as annoying as people are saying he was I would have been shouting at him too.

He wasn’t, which is why mods are getting annoyed.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Godlop » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Is Fortnite allowed in China?
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Its up to Emery.

If he feels he can't get what he needs from Ozil then I'll back the manager, sometimes players of Ozil's genius really need to be in harsh environments like Barcelona or City to keep them on the edge.

However if this is the case it seems like a waste to sell Ramsey, either that or we get a mint CM replacement, either way its up to Emery, I love Ozil but if he's not producing ........... I love the club way more.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Its up to Emery.

If he feels he can't get what he needs from Ozil then I'll back the manager, sometimes players of Ozil's genius really need to be in harsh environments like Barcelona or City to keep them on the edge.

However if this is the case it seems like a waste to sell Ramsey, either that or we get a mint CM replacement, either way its up to Emery, I love Ozil but if he's not producing ........... I love the club way more.

True dat, no player is bigger than :arsenal3:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ESR10 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:45 pm

If Emery and Özil don't get along, then we should just get done with it in January. Sell him, get a replacement Emery wants to work with.
I'd love him to stay, but something is fishy between them and it doesn't seem to work.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Ozils fault?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:44 pm

If he doesn't start against Burnley then there is a definite issue and its not tactical.

Mkhy doesn't get in ahead of Ozil on that current form.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 pm

Inter want him
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:16 am

He needs to stop f***ing around with Ozil, I think tonight was a middle finger to mesut for his weak ass cameos in the last 2 games but Ozil is the player who needs loving not this harsh treatment, he's just gonna become more of a crybaby and sulk.

Give him a cuddle and get him in place of Iwobi or Mkhi ffs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 am

Santi wrote:He needs to stop f***ing around with Ozil, I think tonight was a middle finger to mesut for his weak ass cameos in the last 2 games but Ozil is the player who needs loving not this harsh treatment, he's just gonna become more of a crybaby and sulk.

Give him a cuddle and get him in place of Iwobi or Mkhi ffs.

Arguably his best football was under Mourinho, and he isn't exactly known for being very sensitive or patient with his players. Also it was at Real, a bigger team with insanely high expectations.

DiamondGooner wrote:If he doesn't start against Burnley then there is a definite issue and its not tactical.

Mkhy doesn't get in ahead of Ozil on that current form.

I thought Mkhitaryan had a good game apart from the miss and he scored 2 vs Southampton. Hard to drop him atm.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club