Mesut Özil (11)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 am

Andrew wrote:
ALLCAPS_ wrote:Tbh the ozil work ethic thing is a bit weird to me. How many goals have we directly conceeded due to his lack of effort?

People follow this sky sports narrative so consistently that we never challange it? I cant really think of any instances where he is directly to blame for the tide turning or conceeding goals? I'd need some examples there.


Haven't watched many games this season have you?

There are countless examples of us conceding after he or xhaka gifted the ball to the opponent.


No there aren't .... you just make shit up .... and what's Xhaka got to do with it?

Ozil has a higher work-rate than any other player in the Arsenal squad ... in terms of yards covered ... but 90% of that work is done going forward ... that's his feckin' job ....
EliteKiller
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 am

ALLCAPS_ wrote:Tbh the ozil work ethic thing is a bit weird to me. How many goals have we directly conceeded due to his lack of effort?

People follow this sky sports narrative so consistently that we never challange it? I cant really think of any instances where he is directly to blame for the tide turning or conceeding goals? I'd need some examples there.

There are hardly any if any, its like you say, the usual narrative that has no substance. Just like the Ozil is lazy narrative which is proven to be absolute bollox. But many people get their opinions from the media and are unable to form their own opinions.

How many goals have been conceded due to Ozil losing the ball? Probably only one in all the time he has been at Arsenal.
User avatar
theHotHead
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Andrew wrote:
ALLCAPS_ wrote:Tbh the ozil work ethic thing is a bit weird to me. How many goals have we directly conceeded due to his lack of effort?

People follow this sky sports narrative so consistently that we never challange it? I cant really think of any instances where he is directly to blame for the tide turning or conceeding goals? I'd need some examples there.


Haven't watched many games this season have you?

There are countless examples of us conceding after he or xhaka gifted the ball to the opponent.


No there aren't .... you just make shit up .... and what's Xhaka got to do with it?

Ozil has a higher work-rate than any other player in the Arsenal squad ... in terms of yards covered ... but 90% of that work is done going forward ... that's his feckin' job ....

I should've known it was that #@&£ Andrew peddling this foolish argument.
User avatar
theHotHead
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Did Cesc win a single trophy after becoming a regular in our first team?

Yes
The fa cup in 04/05
He started 34 games that season( 12 from the bench)
10th most appearances of any player
From a football team that contains 11
User avatar
starmandb
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 am

starmandb wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Did Cesc win a single trophy after becoming a regular in our first team?

Yes
The fa cup in 04/05
He started 34 games that season( 12 from the bench)
10th most appearances of any player
From a football team that contains 11

Thank you.

So Ozil has done more in his 4 seasons in way of trophies than Cesc ever did?
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21733
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Angelito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Just for fun - the mins per goal ratio of our forwards and midfielders in the Emirates era:

Forwards

1. Podolski ~ 95.63 mins per goal/assist
2. van Persie ~ 99.76
3. Alexis ~ 106.48
4. Giroud ~ 109.33
5. Adebayor ~ 124.24

Midfielders/CAMs

1. Arshavin ~ 113.13 per goal/assist
2. Ozil ~ 151.58
3. Cesc ~ 160.31
4. Nasri ~ 173.73
5. Ramsey ~ 197.66
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 20344
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Arshavin <3
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21733
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Andrew wrote:Bottom line is : we keep getting trounced in important games with our luxury player as playmaker and are falling further and further behind ( missed top 4 for the first time ever).
Let's end the experiment NOW. It hasn't worked.
Arsenal with Cesc as playmaker was never this awful.

L



Andrew is just trolling now, saying we were better under Cesc has got nothing to do with Ozil.

We had a better team when Cesc was here.

RVP > Lacazette
Rosicky > Ramsey
Henry > Sanchez
Toure > as good as any of current CB's
Gilberto Silva > Xhaka
Hleb > Iwobi
Adebayor > Welbeck

This is a photo of the 2006 squad.

Image

This is 2008 squad

Image


............. and you wonder why we played better in the Cesc era??? your an absolute clown.

Imagine Ozil in those teams for a second!!
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12319
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere Propa_Nutcase isn't.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Hleb is better than any midfielder or winger we have loool
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21733
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Hleb is better than any midfielder or winger we have loool


Whoa whoa, remember .......... we were only better back then because of Cesc. :doh:

Weakest argument I've seen on the forum in over a month.

If Andrew's intent is to slander Ozil then he better up his game.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12319
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere Propa_Nutcase isn't.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Sims » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:43 pm

New deal offered, buying a house after proposing to his bird, all signs are that the goats staying
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 23506
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Zenith » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Reckon this will drag on until the business end of the season and his decision will depend on whether or not we will qualify for the CL.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26106
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm

https://twitter.com/darrenarsenal1/stat ... 9432404992

IT'S HAPPENING

P.S:- I broke the news first #BreakingNews ;)
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21733
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Will be very happy if they get this done, replace Sanchez with Lemar or another talented Winger, get Nzonzi and we're on the upward trend at last.

Tbf actually we're still missing a certain something in the team, not sure what position but to get to the next level we need an improvement somewhere along our midfield / upfront.

Maybe its a change of formation to get our best guys in their best positions?

I still think optimum use of Ozil is CAM flanked by two dangerous wingers and Lacazette in front of him.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12319
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere Propa_Nutcase isn't.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm

We need a top CB, good RB, dominating DM, a replacement for Sanchez, keep Ozil and we can win the league - but of course the biggest thing we need more than players is a manager that is not a tactical dimwit.
User avatar
theHotHead
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot], GoonerAlexandre, gooney, knowledge93, Time4Change, Va-Va-Voom and 12 guests