The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Messi hasn't been shit for Argentina? Loool
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:We are a huge club. Ozil is nothing in the context of Arsenal FC. And his lack of respect for our legends this season was pathetic

He is within his rights to defend himself when so-called legends accuse him of not pulling his weight, not trying and being lazy - which stats prove he is not.

So called legends have won the league multiple times, unlike Lazy Ozil who doesn't track back

Don't give me that fake distance covered stat which he inflates by walking around all the time
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm

We'll be infinitely worse at actually putting the ball on a plate for strikers when he leaves, but he's still an absolute disappointment.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ronniec » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:06 pm

If we really want to compare Ozil to Messi, then spend a couple of hundred millions more then we talk.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ronniec » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/ozil-is- ... n9b8m4un6m

Next time I want to see a comment from a scientist.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil, 29, has told his team-mates he will sign for Manchester United. (Mirror)
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am

It's the Mirror, so some sigh of relief. But I can see it happening. ManU will lodge a £20m bid for him in January and I believe we will take it. This seems clear cut.

On the other hand, Alexis' situation is trickier and I think he will stay until the end of his contract. City might come with a £25m bid, but the issue with Alexis would be game-time. The present crop of City players have developed excellent chemistry. It wouldn't be wise to disrupt it just yet.

Would be bantz if we sold Ozil to United and Alexis to City in January though.

Who cares as long as we have Welbeck, right?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 am

Angelito wrote:It's the Mirror, so some sigh of relief. But I can see it happening. ManU will lodge a £20m bid for him in January and I believe we will take it. This seems clear cut.

On the other hand, Alexis' situation is trickier and I think he will stay until the end of his contract. City might come with a £25m bid, but the issue with Alexis would be game-time. The present crop of City players have developed excellent chemistry. It wouldn't be wise to disrupt it just yet.

.......and Walnut :tumbleweed:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 am

Moureen making Wenger look like a mug again (although tbh Wenger is doing quite a good job of that on his own).
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am

Gonna absolutely destroy t under Mourinho

Such a shame
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am

Kite33 wrote:He has not been shit? Last game he scored three goals and his team is through to the World cup

One game does not make his time playing for Argentina great. He has been totally underwhelming. He may have scored a record number of goals in total for them but he has been a shell of the player we see playing for Barcelona.

Walcott once scored a hat trick for England in a WC qualifier. The fact that Argentina scraped through by the skin of their teeth tells you what you need to know. In 3 World Cups Messi has scored a whopping 4 goals !!! In 4 Copa Americas he has scored 8 goals. Not good enough for the likes of Messi.

Maradona scored 8 goals in 3 World Cups. He scored 4 goals in 2 Copa Americas - but he also dragged his team to back to back World Cup Finals - winning one of them.

By way of comparison Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 9 goals in 4 Euro Championships and 3 goals in 4 World Cups. His tally is even worse than Messi's but at least he can say he won a major tournament. This is why when people try to say Ronaldo and Messi are the best ever I have to say no, because Maradona performed in major tournaments AND took a mid level team in Italy to two Serie A titles, breaking the dominance of AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am

So hold on, we can sell to Mourhino but he won't to us?

Marshall for Ozil or sell to someone else.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 am

Sims wrote:Gonna absolutely destroy t under Mourinho

Such a shame

Maureen Is to defensive and will stick him out on the wing like a mata replacement, when pogba is fit I expect he will be 10, Maureen loves pogba that's like a dream player to him can't see Maureen dropping pogba deep for ozil.

I know he was good for Maureen at Madrid but la liga is less physical and he had an unbelievable team around him.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Angelito wrote:It's the Mirror, so some sigh of relief. But I can see it happening. ManU will lodge a £20m bid for him in January and I believe we will take it. This seems clear cut.

It's on ESPN and a few other sources as well.

Congrats Kroenke, and Wenger and the board, now please f**k off!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:05 pm

I think I might be done with arsenal until he leaves after this season.

I've already lost my energy to follow this bullshit. If I don't see a marked change in January (highly unlikely), I think I might cut back on arsenal until he's gone.

Seeing ozil and Sanchez step out in Manchester will be enough I think...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club