Mesut Özil (11)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Mustafi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 am

Doesn't matter, if other clubs want him or not, he is still our most talented player and I don't get the sense of wanting to get rid.
Are Walcott, Welbeck and Theo on the same level? Because they are going to play, once özil leaves.
I don't see us getting a replacement on the same level. Wouldn't mind him leaving us, if we pulled that off.
Mustafi
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 am
Location: Bremen, Germany

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Sims » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 am

We’ll see the return of Wengerball when Alexis leaves and brother Özil signs a new deal

PFA POTY in the season we win the League imo
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 25404
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 am

I can't honestly believe there are people saying Ozil is not good enough or not worth top dollar. Seriously. :BangHead:
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Goonerz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 am

gooney wrote:no serious club would spend money on this guy. We didnt have a single bid for him. Honestly even on a free we should get rid. But this is arsenal....we will offer him wages over 250k

No wonder Arsenal are now a laughing stock.. lol
Give Wilshere one more chance.
User avatar
Goonerz
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

gooney wrote:no serious club would spend money on this guy. We didnt have a single bid for him. Honestly even on a free we should get rid. But this is arsenal....we will offer him wages over 250k

And you know this how ??
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 am

Goonerz wrote:
gooney wrote:no serious club would spend money on this guy. We didnt have a single bid for him. Honestly even on a free we should get rid. But this is arsenal....we will offer him wages over 250k

No wonder Arsenal are now a laughing stock.. lol

Really ?? who is laughing at Arsenal because we have Ozil ? Who would be laughing at Arsenal if we offered him wages over £250K per week ?

We would be the laughing stock if he leaves ....

"He left cos you're shit, he left cos you're shit - Mesut Ozil - he left cos you're shit"
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby ronniec » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Teams interested in Ozil or not, he absolutely worth 250k or more per week. Same as Sanchez.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm

I find it impossible to even talk to someone who thinks Ozil is anything less than the third best player at Arsenal
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Wenger has admitted Ozil and Alexis may be sold in January.
Good news.. looks like we'll be boosting our bank balance significantly.
:1990_dancing.gif:
Do you really love Arsenal, or just Arsenal with Wenger?
User avatar
jayramfootball
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby arsenalpan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 pm

ronniec wrote:Teams interested in Ozil or not, he absolutely worth 250k or more per week. Same as Sanchez.

Well said.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm

If we can't convince Mesut Ozil ans Alexis Sanchez that we are the place to be, who can we convince? At best, we'll get some up-and-coming youngsters to whom we're a springboard for better things.

A club can only ever be as big as its ambition, and we are getting smaller and smaller with each passing day.
PairyGrows
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 pm

PairyGrows wrote:If we can't convince Mesut Ozil ans Alexis Sanchez that we are the place to be, who can we convince? At best, we'll get some up-and-coming youngsters to whom we're a springboard for better things.

A club can only ever be as big as its ambition, and we are getting smaller and smaller with each passing day.


We're in a bit of a personality crisis, old Arsenal would of loved to have played with Ozil and Sanchez ......... and they would of wanted to stay.

New Arsenal are dregs like Giroud, Ramsey, Welbeck, Elnenny .......... what players do we have that can play on the same level as Ozil or Sanchez? its practically a waste of talent.

If we had all of Lacazette, Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil on the pitch at the same time, we'd be ruthlessly destroying everyone bar the top 2-3 teams and we'd have a shot at them as well on a good day.

The direction we're heading in we may as well let them both go, they don't fit our mediocre mould we're going for.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14540
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Somewhere, showing someone all my energy.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:14 am

jayramfootball wrote:Wenger has admitted Ozil and Alexis may be sold in January.
Good news.. looks like we'll be boosting our bank balance significantly.
:1990_dancing.gif:

The incompetence of the man knows no boundaries!! Imagine selling both players half way through the season, what is the benefit?

Neither player would have helped you gain a Champion's League place and you would get a fraction of the money that was on offer in August.

Wenger is a bloody idiot, he is confused, he does not know what he is doing and should be relieved of his duties immediately.
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Wenger has admitted Ozil and Alexis may be sold in January.
Good news.. looks like we'll be boosting our bank balance significantly.
:1990_dancing.gif:

The incompetence of the man knows no boundaries!! Imagine selling both players half way through the season, what is the benefit?

Neither player would have helped you gain a Champion's League place and you would get a fraction of the money that was on offer in August.

Wenger is a bloody idiot, he is confused, he does not know what he is doing and should be relieved of his duties immediately.


He has been head-fooked for a long time, until he goes we are doomed.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 12231
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:25 am

So let's get this straight .... Wonger gets paid 8.5m a year to manage -

Reject 60m from City because "he will be important for us, he's a committed player and will help us achieve CL"

to then just three months later say ....

"We might sell him in January" --- for what 20m/30m? Why? is he no longer important? is CL no longer a target?

Or is this just another in a whole series of miss-management screw ups (for 8.5m a year) by the senile one .....

WTF has gone wrong with our club .... even a blind man could have seen this one coming .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexafc12, Linkdex [Bot] and 5 guests