Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Santi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Was on fire last night, just hope he can do it again vs better teams. When he hit the post maaaaan thought that was in, what a baller.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Games like this can be confidence builders for the bigger teams/games.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 am

Anybody know why people at Dortmund said he had attitude problem back then? He looks great ever since he moved here. He loves the club, he surely likes his team mates (including his junior like Nketiah which is very respectable), he uses his social media wisely (maybe the best among our players), he has great sense of humour. I don't understand.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:44 am

Fran Solo wrote:Anybody know why people at Dortmund said he had attitude problem back then? He looks great ever since he moved here. He loves the club, he surely likes his team mates (including his junior like Nketiah which is very respectable), he uses his social media wisely (maybe the best among our players), he has great sense of humour. I don't understand.

Germans get very funny if you don't tow the corporate line, look what they did to Ozil when he piped up.

One inkling of Auba not being happy or wanting to change clubs and he's a massive "c*nt" apparently, as with most things you need to see for yourself, and seeing is noticing that Auba has one of the best personalities for a footballer you've ever seen.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 am

Its a shame. He could be a legend there. And he should be. At least he moved abroad and not to Barren Munich like some of their former stars.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 am

Yeah but look at the abuse Arsenal footballers get for daring to want to leave. Idolised one minute then annihilated the next - often for no valid reason.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:53 am

theHotHead wrote:Yeah but look at the abuse Arsenal footballers get for daring to want to leave. Idolised one minute then annihilated the next - often for no valid reason.

Depends what you call a valid reason

I don't ask much. Play your best until you leave. Don't go to Spurs. Don't go to Man Utd. Don't go to Chelsea. Don't go to City.

Unless it suits us. For example I have no issue with Giroud.

Four clubs in the whole world are no no' s for me, it's not much to ask
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah but look at the abuse Arsenal footballers get for daring to want to leave. Idolised one minute then annihilated the next - often for no valid reason.

I don't think so. Walcott received a warm welcome from the crowd yesterday. Even after saying that he will celebrate if he score. And I think Giroud and Fabregas are not getting abused when they visit us in Chelsea uniform. Only some like Van Persie, Nasri, and Adebayor received different reaction and we know why.
Last edited by Fran Solo on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Spurs I can accept, Chelsea I can accept, Man U I can accept - but not overly fussed if they do - biggest club in the country so its inevitable, Man City I couldn't give a toss about, they have never been our rivals and the money the offer is impossible to say no to.

In any case that only then leaves Liverpool or leave the country, you are not going to want to leave Arsenal to go to a smaller club, so effectively you are saying the player has to leave the country. How is that fair ?? They are footballers not perpetrators of war crimes !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Unai is turning this guy into Walcott. Needs to play through the middle. He’s better than Lacazette
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Stop with him on the wing.

Play him alongside Laca.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Don't like him on the wing but if we have to fit him in the side then he needs to play on the right.

Looked more comfortable on that side atleast.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:13 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Don't like him on the wing but if we have to fit him in the side then he needs to play on the right.

Looked more comfortable on that side atleast.

Yep was much better on the right. While laca is in good form then auba has to stay wide
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 pm

I'm hoping if Ozil goes centrally more often that'll help bring Auba into the game more.

Ozil will look to play Auba onto through balls while Ramsey would just as soon take the ball forward himself ball to feet, I think that makes a big difference to Auba's chances of getting in on goal.

He'll over lap Ozil and receive a pass, with Ramsey he's more likely to come from behind and feed off scraps.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

UNcomfortable as it may be for some, Auba is not having a good season. No World Cup, complete rest and he's come out this year looking lightweight and completely off the pace in the PL. 2 goals in 7 starts and a hatful of missed chances. His hold up play is probably the worst of any of our strikers - poor control and easily brushed off the ball. How long should he be given before being relegated to the subs bench???
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club