Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:17 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:When you main rivals all have strikers in the 100m bracket what do we expect for 50m ...... you get what you pay for .....

Dumb argument here, he's only around 60 mill because of the Dortmund disciplinary issues, otherwise he's 100m


Doh ...... he's cheap because he can't be relied on, can't you see the obvious problem with that ....... he's not 100m because nobody would pay that much for a 'damaged' 28/29 year old .....

Adding more 'flaky' characters PEA / Mkhi to an already very 'flaky' squad ... only a complete fool would expect that to work ..... Wongeritis

The issue, as usual, isn't the front four, it's the 6 behind them


Yes ..... but that doesn't let the front four off the hook ......

In 2016/7 Liverpool scored 78 goals and conceded 42 amassing 76 points ..... crap defense and a decent attack .....
In 2016/7 Arsenal scored 77 goals and conceded 44 amassing 75 points ..... crap defense and a decent attack .....

Over the summer Liverpool bought an attacker and an attacking midfield player only adding a defender in January ....
Over the summer Arsenal bought a striker, then added another striker in January

In 2017/8 Liverpool have scored 65 and conceded 32 amassing 57 points .....
In 2017/8 Arsenal have scored 51 and conceded 39 amassing 45 points ......

So whilst Liverpool have still conceded far to many goals, their front four have increased their contribution a huge amount ....

We on the other hand have conceded even more goals per game than last year, whilst at the same time the front four have scored massively less goals per game despite us spending 100m on strikers ......

The back six are 'shite' and deserve all the criticism they get, but let's be fair the front four are going backwards fast as well ..... if they'd scored the same number of goals per attempt as Liverpool we wouldn't be 30 points from the top .....

So here's the key statistic ..... our strikers have 6 shots on target per game, Liverpool have 6.5 ..... they've scored 65 from 182 attempts on target, we've scored 51 from 168 ...... that's 100% down to our strikers not scoring enough goals, you can't blame the back six for the front four's inability to hit the side of a barn ......

FYI - Man Utd only have 4.9 shots on target per game ..... and they've scored 53 .......

Our back six might be poor, but our front four are pretty average as well ........
Last edited by EliteKiller on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 am

Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:When you main rivals all have strikers in the 100m bracket what do we expect for 50m ...... you get what you pay for .....

Dumb argument here, he's only around 60 mill because of the Dortmund disciplinary issues, otherwise he's 100m


Doh ...... he's cheap because he can't be relied on, can't you see the obvious problem with that ....... he's not 100m because nobody would pay that much for a 'damaged' 28/29 year old .....

Adding more 'flaky' characters PEA / Mkhi to an already very 'flaky' squad ... only a complete fool would expect that to work ..... Wongeritis

The issue, as usual, isn't the front four, it's the 6 behind them

The issue is the whole fooking team and the dead head manager. !!

Him too

I don't see Xhaka, Rambo and the shit behind them (Excluding DONREAL) ever starting under a new manager. They're an issue too
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:When you main rivals all have strikers in the 100m bracket what do we expect for 50m ...... you get what you pay for .....

Dumb argument here, he's only around 60 mill because of the Dortmund disciplinary issues, otherwise he's 100m


Doh ...... he's cheap because he can't be relied on, can't you see the obvious problem with that ....... he's not 100m because nobody would pay that much for a 'damaged' 28/29 year old .....

Adding more 'flaky' characters PEA / Mkhi to an already very 'flaky' squad ... only a complete fool would expect that to work ..... Wongeritis

The issue, as usual, isn't the front four, it's the 6 behind them

The issue is the whole fooking team and the dead head manager. !!

Him too

I don't see Xhaka, Rambo and the shit behind them (Excluding DONREAL) ever starting under a new manager. They're an issue too


I don't think any of them want to play for Wonga, they are just spouting bollocks when they come out and support him. The new lad must be thinking WTF
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 13064
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Tony_Adams » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:53 am

He needs to play as a wing-forward so he is more involved. As our main striker he is too isolated. When Lacazette is back they either need to play as a front two with Ozil behind them or in a 4-2-3-1 with Laca up front and Auba/Mikki either side of Ozil behind him.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33564
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:59 am

Tony_Adams wrote:He needs to play as a wing-forward so he is more involved. As our main striker he is too isolated. When Lacazette is back they either need to play as a front two with Ozil behind them or in a 4-2-3-1 with Laca up front and Auba/Mikki either side of Ozil behind him.

Yup

Barca are playing a 4-4-2 ffs, why can't we?

Even Pep has played with 2 upfront

Issue is we lack quality so play 3 in midfield.
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:He needs to play as a wing-forward so he is more involved. As our main striker he is too isolated. When Lacazette is back they either need to play as a front two with Ozil behind them or in a 4-2-3-1 with Laca up front and Auba/Mikki either side of Ozil behind him.


I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I posted something relating to this before we signed him. I said I was concerned about us signing him mainly because of the way we (or should I say Wenger) plays. PEA, from what I can tell, needs space to run into and we don't play enough teams that give him that space and when we do play those teams no one knows how to pick out his runs.
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Not that it isn't obvious but here it is in black and white ......... the players have basically given up.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... g-resigned

Ask yourself one question before moving on .......... what would Sir Alex Fergusson do if his players were even daring to think like this?

Unfortunately we have Wenger.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 16210
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: In Losmeister's head

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Not that it isn't obvious but here it is in black and white ......... the players have basically given up.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... g-resigned

Ask yourself one question before moving on .......... what would Sir Alex Fergusson do if his players were even daring to think like this?

Unfortunately we have Wenger.



There are maybe some players who are a bit resigned.


The fact he's been at the club for 10 minutes and can detect an air of resignation among the players speaks volumes.

No one wants Wenger here.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 19717
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby indy23 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm

We wanna play 1-2s but have have to play both Laca and Auba. That way at least we know we will at least get f***ing goals. Hopefully when lacazette is back Wenger will be gone. A strike force of auba and Laca would run rampant anywhere else in the f***ing world but nope not here where everything is ass backwards.
User avatar
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby indy23 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Not that it isn't obvious but here it is in black and white ......... the players have basically given up.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... g-resigned

Ask yourself one question before moving on .......... what would Sir Alex Fergusson do if his players were even daring to think like this?

Unfortunately we have Wenger.



There are maybe some players who are a bit resigned.


The fact he's been at the club for 10 minutes and can detect an air of resignation among the players speaks volumes.

No one wants Wenger here.


Embarrassing at best. Back in the day new boys would be afraid to talk locker room talk in public. But we don't have stability and what auba says is true. You can just see it In their play. Ozil gets man marked with a second person always closing him out and he's basically out of the game. He's not very hard to stop if u have a game plan. He doesn't have pace or strength to get passed anyone either ... If everyone on this team only operates thinking they have one job it will never work.
User avatar
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Auba is the most depressed millionaire in London right about now.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 19717
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Auba is the most depressed millionaire in London right about now.


They need some wins to get back to enjoying the game and the club needs to throw everything at the Europa to give the club something to play for this season.

Above all we need a competent manager who will whip this lot into shape and punish anyone not giving 100% for the badge like Fergie used to .........which obviously ain't gonna happen.

Thank god due to contracts Mkh, Auba and Ozil will all be here when a new manager comes in and gets this lot playing properly.

I honestly think if Wenger doesn't win the Europa (without Lacazette I don't see how we can) then the board will want rid, they don't want another year like this.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 16210
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: In Losmeister's head

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 am

Ach
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8361
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby generalanal » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

A shame that Aubameyang could not play with Giroud. Those two would have been Deadly as duo
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:44 am

Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (14)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Sims wrote:How many games was it to get wengerfied? 4? A new record surely


He's never played for a big club and is totally unproven at this level, same as Lacazette. Both have stepped up a level and both look rubbish.
I'd take Giroud over them any day.


Giroud had 5 years to bed in here, you do realise he scored less than Laca in his first season.

These guys will be fine once we get out of this lull, two hidings from the best club in Prem isn't helping, we need some tune up matches.

Both our strikers haven't even played one season here yet.

This.

Anyway Jay, how can you say Dortmund are not a big club ??
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests