Alexis Sánchez

All UK football including Champions League, Europa Cup, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also any transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:58 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:But I thought we only had to sell our best players to rivals because of the stadium debt?

We were duped. I feel like an idiot right now whenever i look back. I was one of those people that overused that catchphrase “We can’t compete because we are still paying our stadium debt”.

I compare our Arsenal board of directors as a mob or as fraudters. They use wenger as their front.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
User avatar
Goonerz
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

“It looks like Sánchez will not extend his contract,” Wenger said. “But we want to keep Jack [Wilshere] and if we have an opportunity maybe to keep [Mesut] Özil, the rebuild will be less deep than if all the three left.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... financial/


Oh wow, so it's taken him this long to realize that?

This whole issue arose because we didn't tie them up to longer-term contracts after their first season at Arsenal. That's what most clubs do. We wanted to save the extra £100k in wages and this is what's resulted.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23049
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28021
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Angelito wrote:
“It looks like Sánchez will not extend his contract,” Wenger said. “But we want to keep Jack [Wilshere] and if we have an opportunity maybe to keep [Mesut] Özil, the rebuild will be less deep than if all the three left.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... financial/


Oh wow, so it's taken him this long to realize that?

This whole issue arose because we didn't tie them up to longer-term contracts after their first season at Arsenal. That's what most clubs do. We wanted to save the extra £100k in wages and this is what's resulted.

You'd think after previous fiascos the people responsible would have learned by now, but no.

Ultimately highly unsurprising to those who—in recent years—opted to not stick their heads into the sand.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28021
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Evidently he'd verbally agreed to a new deal until the Bayern shellacking. Kind of like van persie changing his mind after the OT 2-8
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Evidently he'd verbally agreed to a new deal until the Bayern shellacking. Kind of like van persie changing his mind after the OT 2-8

If one pummeling is enough for a player to seemingly make a complete U-turn, it only adds to the likelihood of there having been a lingering doubt in the times prior.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28021
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Zenith wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:Evidently he'd verbally agreed to a new deal until the Bayern shellacking. Kind of like van persie changing his mind after the OT 2-8

If one pummeling is enough for a player to seemingly make a complete U-turn, it only adds to the likelihood of there having been a lingering doubt in the times prior.

Straw that broke the camels back.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

I do think that was true though tbh, that 10-2 stuff was f***ing unreal levels of embarrassment and showed how far away we'd become by that point. Previously we'd had acceptable enough seasons with some excuses you could make for the PL whilst hoisting the FA cup high, that double header was the death of all remaining hope at this club tbh.
Image

#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 31216
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Mesüt wrote:I do think that was true though tbh, that 10-2 stuff was f***ing unreal levels of embarrassment and showed how far away we'd become by that point.


Yeah, I agree. There was rumours the next day about him going away to clear his head after a bust up after the game. It all makes sense now see.

It wasn't long after that all the arm waving started and the constant moaning at players for misplacing passes.
SuperJackyWilshere
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
Mesüt wrote:I do think that was true though tbh, that 10-2 stuff was f***ing unreal levels of embarrassment and showed how far away we'd become by that point.


Yeah, I agree. There was rumours the next day about him going away to clear his head after a bust up after the game. It all makes sense now see.

It wasn't long after that all the arm waving started and the constant moaning at players for misplacing passes.


The moment when he realised that all the promises made to him upon signing, were in actual fact all lies, and he'd never satiate his hunger for winning trophies under the current management.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
User avatar
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Zenith » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 pm

↑ Yup. His initial suspicions were very much confirmed that night.

-CL elimination by Monaco 2014-15
-Manager neglecting to buy outfield players in the summer of 2015
-Lose the league to Leicester
-Ship 5 goals on aggregate to both Bayern and Barcelona in 2016
-Atrocious record against top 6 sides every single season

This had been on his mind for months - it's clear as day.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28021
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby aniym » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 am

He'll be the last superstar we sign for a long time. These days an average-to-good striker with a track record of any time costs £50m.

Project Youth is about to make a big comeback.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4592
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:27 am

We should have stuck with project youth. At least we had an excuse and hope for the future. With the likes of welbeck we have neither.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5554
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Angelito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:10 am

Such a shame how this panned out. He had it all to go down as a proper Arsenal great. Scoring 30 goals and assisting 15 times last season is elite territory. He's been so good all his time here.

Happens when the manager has lost the plot and can't differentiate between obsession and passion anymore. Wenger truly f***ked up with Alexis and Ozil.

And we rewarded him with a new contract...
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23049
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:50 am

If we give him to United just for that 5 million more, Wenger needs to be lynched
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Marsbar100 and 1 guest