Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sánchez (7)

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Losmeister wrote:this 2 pts dropped is hogwash.

if its fuckinn stoke its dropped pts.
or of we blow a lead..
no pts are automatic vs top clubs.
you cant drop what was never in hand

We have made STOKE CITY our boogie team now. We just seem to lose to them on a daily basis away from HOME.. Bolton / Blackburn of the old..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Goonerz wrote:

or of we blow a lead..

We have made STOKE CITY our boogie team now. We just seem to lose to them on a daily basis away from HOME.. Bolton / Blackburn of the old..

We've had shit form at the Britannia since the ramsey leg break.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Fun fact: Sparky has the best record against Wenger after Fergie.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Goonerz wrote:

or of we blow a lead..

Stoke away have not become our bogie team now
They have been it since we lost 5-0 there in our 1st double season 1970
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm

When Sanchez gets into his headless chicken mode like he did in the second half of today's game it absolutely frustrate me.. He was doing too much dribbling, takes his man on, beats them, then gets too excited that he then turns back the other way and loses the ball.. And his passing as always leaves a lot to be desired..

Lucky for us that his headless chicken mode is only about 4 to 5 games a season...
Last edited by Goonerz on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 pm

what a horrible performance lmao
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Tex Texas » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 pm

He is the only one that goes forward towards the goal.
He is the only one, that eventually brings us goals.
Only one that can dribble past opponents.
And like i have said many times before:You dont criticise best player in the team, whatever the case or the game.
Soon laca takes his spot as a best player and already after couple of games idiots here talking shit :naughty:
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Godlop » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Best player today but what do you expect him to do with Walcott and Giroud LOL.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 am

Tex Texas wrote:He is the only one that goes forward towards the goal.
And like i have said many times before:You dont criticise best player in the team, whatever the case or the game.
Soon laca takes his spot as a best player and already after couple of games idiots here talking shit :naughty:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:19 am

This is the poor mentality I can't stand.. So we can't criticise our players anymore because they happen to be some of our best players? Joke fans..

If Sanchez plays like a headless chicken you are allowed to comment on it.. If Wilshere keeps running into blind allies, goes in for stupid over blown challenges or keeps inviting tackles and never tries avoid them you then are allowed to criticise or comment on it. If Ramsey keep going into his headless chicken mode by running all over the place leaving us exposed in the middle then you are allowed to comment on it. If Xhaka keeps being immobile and slow you are allowed to comment on it. If Laca keeps being underwhelming after a season or so then criticism is warranted.. If Giroud keeps missing chances or goes on his usual 10 match no scoring run then you are allowed to comment and criticise.. etc..

These players are not bigger than Arsenal, there is a reason some of them were sold by the elite clubs that they were at. Sanchez is our most effective / best player but he has his limitations that are glaring. But I am happy to over look them as long as he is as hungry as he is always been in trying to win us games by scoring and assisting in important moments.. But this does not mean he can get away with his poor passing and over dribbling at times.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am

too many people treat sanchez like that girl that's too good for you but somehow u got her and u don't wana let go...

cry me a river, he's a good player but we'll move on and he's far from immune to criticism...in fact he's been wank this season despite a wonder goal and good assist.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:26 pm

:crybaby:
Goonerz wrote:

This is the poor mentality I can't stand.. So we can't criticise our players anymore because they happen to be some of our best players? Joke fans..

If Sanchez plays like a headless chicken you are allowed to comment on it.. If Wilshere keeps running into blind allies, goes in for stupid over blown challenges or keeps inviting tackles and never tries avoid them you then are allowed to criticise or comment on it. If Ramsey keep going into his headless chicken mode by running all over the place leaving us exposed in the middle then you are allowed to comment on it. If Xhaka keeps being immobile and slow you are allowed to comment on it. If Laca keeps being underwhelming after a season or so then criticism is warranted.. If Giroud keeps missing chances or goes on his usual 10 match no scoring run then you are allowed to comment and criticise.. etc..

These players are not bigger than Arsenal, there is a reason some of them were sold by the elite clubs that they were at. Sanchez is our most effective / best player but he has his limitations that are glaring. But I am happy to over look them as long as he is as hungry as he is always been in trying to win us games by scoring and assisting in important moments.. But this does not mean he can get away with his poor passing and over dribbling at times.

Of coarse you should be able to criticise players as long as it is done constructively and is fact based rather than a jerk of the knee
I don't think we have joke fans
I think we have a fantastic fan base who I count myself proud to be one of
Laca is not being underwhelming after a season
He has played 6 games!
Giroud does not have a usual 10 games without a goal
He had an 11 game run without a goal in 15/16
It's the only time it has happened in his career
starmandb

Postby CaptGooner » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 pm

We should have sold him so we can move on from this circus. Every fking article this season is going to be about his facial expressions after each goal, who is/isn't he engaged with in training, and the next potential suitor aside from City.

Guarantee the squad is over it as well. Any competent manager would have planned for this, yet here we are.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Do you...
(a) keep Sanchez all season even though he's hardly motivated and will leave for nothing in summer OR
(b) trade him for Sterling in January despite getting an inferior player and having the heartburn of selling another player to City
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Manchester City fear Paris St-Germain are now favourites to sign Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, who is out of contract next summer and is reported to want £400,000 a week in wages. (Sun)
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club