Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 am

maxgunner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:They don't care about trust, they care about getting back in the CL and putting ticket prices back up.

Wenger is acting cocky because this decision has already been made, we can make more money with Sanchez helping us back to top 4 than selling him for £35m now.

Exactly this, its the only reason he is being cocky.

Who can trust a player that wants to leave :rofll:

Wenger's logic

Suarez wanted to leave 'Pool, they forced him to stay, and almost won the league because of it.

It's all about being professional. I think Sanchez loves the game too much to mail it in.

Plus, it's a World Cup year, he'll want to be peaking for the summer, I'm not worried about him not trying for us.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:41 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
maxgunner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:They don't care about trust, they care about getting back in the CL and putting ticket prices back up.

Wenger is acting cocky because this decision has already been made, we can make more money with Sanchez helping us back to top 4 than selling him for £35m now.

Wenger's logic

Suarez wanted to leave 'Pool, they forced him to stay, and almost won the league because of it.

It's all about being professional. I think Sanchez loves the game too much to mail it in.

Plus, it's a World Cup year, he'll want to be peaking for the summer, I'm not worried about him not trying for us.

In a weird and ironic way we have Sanchez over a barrel here, ........ Hear me out.

Sanchez can literally not afford to have a sh*t season, as a free agent and his last big contract Alexis needs to play his socks off to make sure at the age of 29 the top teams are throwing money at him this time next season.

If he plays crap for us sulking he'll only be hurting his own pocket and value come next summer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
maxgunner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Wenger's logic

In a weird and ironic way we have Sanchez over a barrel here, ........ Hear me out.

Sanchez can literally not afford to have a sh*t season, as a free agent and his last big contract Alexis needs to play his socks off to make sure at the age of 29 the top teams are throwing money at him this time next season.

If he plays crap for us sulking he'll only be hurting his own pocket and value come next summer.

Agree with this, if Wenger makes clear that the first instance of sulking will see him dropped for all the big games, let's see who signs him then
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

He will not f**k about unless we are miles of the pace in 2nd half of season like this year and he might just save himself for world cup and el games if we are in it.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby knowledge93 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 pm

If we keep then we have to atleast add one of Mahrez/Lemar and a CM. It will be a huge waste to keep him just to aim for top 4.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
maxgunner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Wenger's logic

He can sign a bumper deal with whomever he wants in January. He only has to tolerate us from Aug through December.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
maxgunner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Wenger's logic

He can sign a bumper deal with whomever he wants in January. He only has to tolerate us from Aug through December.

Only foreign teams in Jan.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote: In a weird and ironic way we have Sanchez over a barrel here, ........ Hear me out.

Sanchez could just play International football for 6 months then sign a pre-contract agreement with City / PSG / Chelsea etc. all with no fee .... the big clubs will be cuing around the block ....

It's no secret Pep will sign him tomorrow if Arsenal will sell ... if not then next summer .... Sanchez is proper World Class player he has nothing to prove next season ....

That said I don't believe he'd ever do a Payet ... just depends how we treat him over the next month .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:53 am

Sanchez needs to release just one nasty comment about the club or Wenger between now and Aug 31 and we would have to sell him. Let's see what he does.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:24 am

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote: In a weird and ironic way we have Sanchez over a barrel here, ........ Hear me out.

Sanchez could just play International football for 6 months then sign a pre-contract agreement with City / PSG / Chelsea etc. all with no fee .... the big clubs will be cuing around the block ....

It's no secret Pep will sign him tomorrow if Arsenal will sell ... if not then next summer .... Sanchez is proper World Class player he has nothing to prove next season ....

That said I don't believe he'd ever do a Payet ... just depends how we treat him over the next month .....

This. :)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 am

If he were Mexican, we could call it a Mexican Standoff.

Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Even if he has a shit season for us there will be a queue of top clubs wanting to sign him. How many times have we heard a p[layer has suffered a loss of form because of transfer/contract negotiations. How many times have players been dropped because their "head is not in it" due to the same !!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

theHotHead wrote:Even if he has a shit season for us there will be a queue of top clubs wanting to sign him. How many times have we heard a p[layer has suffered a loss of form because of transfer/contract negotiations. How many times have players been dropped because their "head is not in it" due to the same !!

Will he though? He gave his all even when half the dressing room said stuff about him to his face

From what I've seen of the guy, he'll have a title winning season for us, provided the rest of the team pull up their socks as well. He'll then leave after winning us the league because of our lack of ambition, and prove all the idiots wrong who think he's the problem
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:12 pm

So what exactly happened in December? Did the players confront Alexis? I'm not clued in on this rumor. Somebody please fill me in.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:20 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Even if he has a shit season for us there will be a queue of top clubs wanting to sign him. How many times have we heard a p[layer has suffered a loss of form because of transfer/contract negotiations. How many times have players been dropped because their "head is not in it" due to the same !!

Will he though? He gave his all even when half the dressing room said stuff about him to his face

From what I've seen of the guy, he'll have a title winning season for us, provided the rest of the team pull up their socks as well. He'll then leave after winning us the league because of our lack of ambition, and prove all the idiots wrong who think he's the problem

Agreed.

I was making the point that even if he did have a shit season there would be a queue of clubs after him because his loss of form would be down to valid mitigating circumstances. But like you I don't think Sanchez is the type of player to be affected by off the field drama.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club