Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 3:33 pm

It's simple. League's best player should get the league's best paycheck. No more no less. About time the Arsenal board figured that out.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bayernfan » Wed May 24, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't know which club would be dumb enough to give 300k/week to Sanchez. I just hope it will not be Bayern.

If Arsenal propose 300k/week to Sanchez, you can be sure there will be a massive problem :
- every good/top player Arsenal want to sign will ask a way bigger salary they would have ask
- every player in Arsenal will ask a way bigger salary they would have ask to extend

Yep, Seri from Nice would ask 180k/week to come and Koscielny would ask 230k/week to extend.

Their is only 2 clubs in the world where there is 2 or 3 overpaid players and where the others just shut their mouth because playing in this club is more important than money : Real Madrid and Barcelona. That's how an Isco or a Modric were at 4M/year (before extending) when Ronaldo was at 30M+/years.

Or maybe Arsenal is ready to overpaid every player they want ? Because that would be what would happen IMO.

By the way, BILD never said Bayern give up with Sanchez. They just said Bayern wouldn't give him the salary Arsenal is ready to give him. Sanchez can't still refuse Bayern or Arsenal offer.

It's just Chelsea HQ twitter account who said bullshit about all that article and created the "Bayern stop negociation with Sanchez".
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Bayernfan wrote:I don't know which club would be dumb enough to give 300k/week to Sanchez. I just hope it will not be Bayern.

If Arsenal propose 300k/week to Sanchez, you can be sure there will be a massive problem :
- every good/top player Arsenal want to sign will ask a way bigger salary they would have ask
- every player in Arsenal will ask a way bigger salary they would have ask to extend

Yep, Seri from Nice would ask 180k/week to come and Koscielny would ask 230k/week to extend.

Their is only 2 clubs in the world where there is 2 or 3 overpaid players and where the others just shut their mouth because playing in this club is more important than money : Real Madrid and Barcelona. That's how an Isco or a Modric were at 4M/year (before extending) when Ronaldo was at 30M+/years.

Or maybe Arsenal is ready to overpaid every player they want ? Because that would be what would happen IMO.

By the way, BILD never said Bayern give up with Sanchez. They just said Bayern wouldn't give him the salary Arsenal is ready to give him. Sanchez can't still refuse Bayern or Arsenal offer.

It's just Chelsea HQ twitter account who said bullshit about all that article and created the "Bayern stop negociation with Sanchez".

cause we dont have a dortmund to pillage every time a good player leaves.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bayernfan » Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:cause we dont have a dortmund to pillage every time a good player leaves.

That's because you're the Dortmund of England. Not the Bayern.

Arsenal selling Cole to Chelsea, Touré, Adebayor, Van Persie, Nasri, Clichy to the 2 Manchester and Fabregas, Henry, Hleb, Song to Barcelona and Sanchez to XXX maybe.

Dortmund selling Götze, Lewandowski, Hummels to Bayern, Kagawa, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan to the 2 Manchester and Aubameyang to PSG maybe.
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Bayernfan wrote:
Arsene Nose wrote:cause we dont have a dortmund to pillage every time a good player leaves.

That's because you're the Dortmund of England. Not the Bayern.

Arsenal selling Cole to Chelsea, Touré, Adebayor, Van Persie, Nasri, Clichy to the 2 Manchester and Fabregas, Henry, Hleb, Song to Barcelona and Sanchez to XXX maybe.

Dortmund selling Götze, Lewandowski, Hummels to Bayern, Kagawa, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan to the 2 Manchester and Aubameyang to PSG maybe.

Exactly and we'd like to stop playing that role. The only way to do it is price out our best players so they can stay and help us become the Bayern of our league.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Bayernfan wrote:I don't know which club would be dumb enough to give 300k/week to Sanchez. I just hope it will not be Bayern.

First of all, I don't care how much we pay Alexis (and Ozil) if that means they're staying for the next 4 years. But I do understand your point. Other players would want more if Alexis is on £300k a week.

This is where Arsenal's PR need to work overtime. Alexis has proven to be our most effective player since van Persie. In my view, he's a top-5 or top-7 forward in the world today (Messi, Ron, Suarez, Alexis/Hazard/Neymar/Robben/Bale). So, we just need to market Alexis as a player who is just a notch below Messi/Ron to balance the equation. We might be overpaying but honestly, beggars (figuratively) can't be choosers.

As a Gunner, who has seen us lose many of our best players, I'd gladly accept Alexis and Ozil staying for any money at Arsenal. Those two are more important than any player we have had in the last decade or so.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 5:09 pm

So what if we overpay Alexis? Our problem is we pay too much for the likes of Ox and Theo and too little for the likes of Alexis. We need to rebalance the squad and it starts with us keep our best players and losing players we are paying through our noses for and getting nothing in return.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bayernfan » Wed May 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Angelito wrote:

First of all, I don't care how much we pay Alexis (and Ozil) if that means they're staying for the next 4 years. But I do understand your point. Other players would want more if Alexis is on £300k a week.

This is where Arsenal's PR need to work overtime. Alexis has proven to be our most effective player since van Persie. In my view, he's a top-5 or top-7 forward in the world today (Messi, Ron, Suarez, Lewandowski Alexis/Hazard/Neymar/Robben/Bale). So, we just need to market Alexis as a player who is just a notch below Messi/Ron to balance the equation. We might be overpaying but honestly, beggars (figuratively) can't be choosers.

As a Gunner, who has seen us lose many of our best players, I'd gladly accept Alexis and Ozil staying for any money at Arsenal. Those two are more important than any player we have had in the last decade or so.

And I fully understand you.

If it was Lewandowski instead of Sanchez I would say the same as you "Give him the money he wants to extend him".

To give Sanchez the biggest wages in Arsenal is coherent, even if 300k/w is too much imo. It's your best player.
To give Sanchez the biggest wages in Bayern is idiotic. He is a great player but will not come and be the star, many are over him and will stay over him.
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby lamby2729 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Not convinced by this 300k per week offer. I reckon he's already agreed with Bayern and this is just our board grandstanding with the "we tried" bollocks
lamby2729
Liam Brady

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Our board doesn't dare try to say we offered 300k with Sanchez. Sanchez would absolutely destroy them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 pm

lamby2729 wrote:Not convinced by this 300k per week offer. I reckon he's already agreed with Bayern and this is just our board grandstanding with the "we tried" bollocks

I can see this being the case. PR trying to absolve clueless and useless board/manager.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
lamby2729 wrote:Not convinced by this 300k per week offer. I reckon he's already agreed with Bayern and this is just our board grandstanding with the "we tried" bollocks

I can see this being the case. PR trying to absolve clueless and useless board/manager.

There's only ONE Arsene Wenger, there's only ONE Arsene Wenger.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 7:17 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:

There's only ONE Arsene Wenger, there's only ONE Arsene Wenger.

Thankfully. Imagine if there was more than one. What a horrible thought. That many brainless managers would be a nightmare.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed May 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Below is a link on Bayern Munich player salaries. If we have indeed offered Sanchez 300k there is no way they would be able to match it as it would lead to a mutiny among other big stars.
http://sportsmaza.com/football/bayern-m ... -salaries/
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CukiZeGerman » Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:Below is a link on Bayern Munich player salaries. If we have indeed offered Sanchez 300k there is no way they would be able to match it as it would lead to a mutiny among other big stars.
http://sportsmaza.com/football/bayern-m ... -salaries/

Only this website is bullshit.
Lewandowski alone has a paycheck of ~290k€pw
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club