Alexis Sánchez ~ El Niño Maravilla

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Alexis Sanchez (7)

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 am

Pudpop wrote:
gooney wrote:Anything that will make our fans wake up is supported by me. Sadly we have to hit rock bottom to wake up. So sanchez to chelsea is something i want

Won't change anything. Apparently we are at Spurs level so Alexis to Chelsea just proves we are not a big club and should be happy with top 4

I f***ing hate those fake fans

In the transfer game since 2010 Spuds piss all over us ..... there is just no comparison ....

They bought a big part of their squad Wanyama 11m, Trippier 3m, Wimmer 4m, Alli 5m, Eriksen 11m, Vertongen 10m, Dembele 15m, Walker 3m, Dier 4m - that's nine players in total for just 78m, less than we paid for just two last summer .... then add to that Kane, Rose, Davies who cost nothing .... and that's just some feckin' brilliant scouting / luck / voodoo or some such shite ....

Their feckin' squad is now worth a staggering £452million more than what was spent to assemble it, that's according to CIES Football, in total it's now valued at £799m where ours is valued at £660m the first time we've been below them in over 25 years .....

When they fall away and we finish above them that might change (a few new contracts signed would also help) but should the unthinkable happen then this gap will in fact grow ... and people still want more Arsene? can they not see where our he's taking our club? it certainly ain't up ................
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 am

They also spent 30m on Soldado, 30m on Sissoko, 25m on Lamela, 20m on Janssen and 15m on Paulinho
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Sims wrote:They also spent 30m on Soldado, 30m on Sissoko, 25m on Lamela, 20m on Janssen and 15m on Paulinho

Good point ...... as with all clubs not all transfers work ..... so what do you do?

In the last five years they've sold their failures and non achievers Pritchard, Chadli, Mason, Paulinho Capoue, Soldado, Townsend, Livermore, Sandro, Caulker, Huddelstone and of course their success Bale for over 300m .... ignore Bale (which you can't it happened) and that's still 215m ..... no doubt Sissoko, Lamela, and Janssen will go long before their contracts expire if they don't step up ....

We've sold Gnaby, Podolski, Vela, Vermarleen, Afobe, Manonne, Gervinho, RvP, Song for just 92m and we've let a staggering NINETEEN players leave for free ...... we still hang on to deadwood, paying them years of salaries before letting them go for nothing .... next summer could see another 150m in transfer value leave for nothing as contracts run out ....

The ONLY reason the feckin tin pot outfit has got close to us is the difference in player management ... and that's what Wonger thinks he's so good at ... the fecker's a total fraud ... and it's killing our club
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:01 pm

i agree that one of the worst aspects of our club in the last decade is our ability to sell players. we don't do it well at all, no idea why.

dont think we're ruthless enough, bayern are pretty terrible at selling players too, its strange
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 pm

Sims wrote:i agree that one of the worst aspects of our club in the last decade is our ability to sell players. we don't do it well at all, no idea why.

dont think we're ruthless enough, bayern are pretty terrible at selling players too, its strange

A big reason is perception of performance. We always finish ahead of Spurs, yet our players are perpetually underperforming while theirs are perpetually overperforming, even though ours did better. So when we sell gervinho, he was a failed starter for us even though we finished 3rd and 4th while he was here, but Spurs finished below us and their players were seen as playing well, so they end up being worth more
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:41 pm

gooney wrote:Anything that will make our fans wake up is supported by me. Sadly we have to hit rock bottom to wake up. So sanchez to chelsea is something i want

I don't particularly want to see that however, he will go and if the plastics stump up the dosh he will join them.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Do you guys honestly care if Alexis goes to Chelsea next season? Maybe it's just me; I don't care at all. I'd just laugh if it happened because this is what you expect from Arsenal these days.

Now, if you told me that we'd keep Alexis, whilst signing another world player.. I'd be shocked.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Angelito wrote:Do you guys honestly care if Alexis goes to Chelsea next season? Maybe it's just me; I don't care at all. I'd just laugh if it happened because this is what you expect from Arsenal these days.

Now, if you told me that we'd keep Alexis, whilst signing another world player.. I'd be shocked.

What saddens me is that if* it happened, some would still try to spin it, despite everything

*This time there won't be a queue of WKB telling me that I'm jumping the gun. They did that so many times in the past, and most of the time the offending Prediction happened and then they had nothing to say
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 pm

UFGN wrote:
Angelito wrote:Do you guys honestly care if Alexis goes to Chelsea next season? Maybe it's just me; I don't care at all. I'd just laugh if it happened because this is what you expect from Arsenal these days.

What saddens me is that if* it happened, some would still try to spin it, despite everything

"He was moping and thought he was bigger than the club"
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Pudpop wrote:
UFGN wrote:

"He was moping and thought he was bigger than the club"

Yep. It's already started.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Sims wrote:i agree that one of the worst aspects of our club in the last decade is our ability to sell players. we don't do it well at all, no idea why.

Bayern don't sell players who are key members of the team. The only recent misstep I can think of was selling Kroos for EUR 20 million in 2014. Even then he was worth a lot more than that.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:09 pm

I care lot became conte is a defensive master, If he has a front 3 of Costa, hazard, Sanchez they have a genuine chance of winning th cl, his Chelsea team would be better than his juve team that got to the final.

It's bad enough they have 1 cl win before us, going 2 up would be terrible
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby toto » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Sims wrote:They also spent 30m on Soldado, 30m on Sissoko, 25m on Lamela, 20m on Janssen and 15m on Paulinho

none of those players costs anywhere near that much.

unlike the arsenal board levy actually knows how to negotiate deals. all deals have/had add ons. in reality soldado cost only £17m for example.

sours scouting network and academy literally shit all over arsenals.

people harp on about the support arsene gets but this is actually not helping. providing the above; however, would.
toto
Michael Thomas

Postby indy23 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Hes bigger than 5th place. Wont care if he leaves, we have bigger problems than scraping for cl spots. How many goals has our midfield scored or even created is year? Exactly.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BS221B » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Alexis Sanchez drops huge Chelsea hint: "I want to stay in the same city and be in a winner team."
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club