Granit Xhaka

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Granit Xhaka (29)

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:12 am

I've never seen a less athletic midfielder. How can you be so physically challenged at just 24 years old?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 am

Was Alonso ever that mobile, he needs to play with mobile players in a good system and I think he will be fine.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zenith » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 am

BS221B wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:Xhaka is going to become Walcott of midfield at Arsenal. My man gooney has already seen it so he is doing his best to prevent it.

We should have spent that £35m on William Carvalho tbh.

No. We should have spent it on Kante. I rate William Carvalho, obviously a better buy than Xhaka. But also suffers from lack of mobility. Not as much as Xhaka. But why buy Carvalho for £35m when you can get Kante for £30m?

uuh because you cant get Kante? He would have still signed for Chelsea.

William Carvalho was more realistic target. At least we would have had a solid as rock midfielder as our DM. Not a sloth called Xhaka.

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:41 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Was Alonso ever that mobile, he needs to play with mobile players in a good system and I think he will be fine.

30+ million for "I think he will be fine" .... straight out of the Arsene school of transfers ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby OneNiltothearsenal1-0 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:07 am

BS221B wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:
BS221B wrote:Xhaka is going to become Walcott of midfield at Arsenal. My man gooney has already seen it so he is doing his best to prevent it.

No. We should have spent it on Kante. I rate William Carvalho, obviously a better buy than Xhaka. But also suffers from lack of mobility. Not as much as Xhaka. But why buy Carvalho for £35m when you can get Kante for £30m?

William Carvalho was more realistic target. At least we would have had a solid as rock midfielder as our DM. Not a sloth called Xhaka.

The time to sign Kante was 2015 when Leicester nabbed him from Caen for 6M. Find the best new French thing used to be Wenger's bread and butter. Really shows the sad state of things when even the things he used to be better than anyone else at, he is no longer that great. Its not like we lost Kante to Chelsea in 2015 summer. That summer still stings as it was painfully obvious we needed to freshen things up yet Wenger doubled down on complacency.
OneNiltothearsenal1-0
Patrick Vieira

Postby firfi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:04 am

OneNiltothearsenal1-0 wrote:
BS221B wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:

The time to sign Kante was 2015 when Leicester nabbed him from Caen for 6M. Find the best new French thing used to be Wenger's bread and butter. Really shows the sad state of things when even the things he used to be better than anyone else at, he is no longer that great. Its not like we lost Kante to Chelsea in 2015 summer. That summer still stings as it was painfully obvious we needed to freshen things up yet Wenger doubled down on complacency.

The time to sign Suarez was before he wen't to Liverpool and the time to sign Messi was before he went to Barcelona as well.
Nuff said.
If Kante was one of the other 200 footballers brought in the PL and didn't succeed you wouldn't be talking like that and its stupid to do so.
The time to sign Kante was in 2016 ,but i see why Wenger did rate Xhaka over him.Captain material with better physique at 24 that can pass the ball better than Kante.
On the other hand William Carvalho is not worth the money.He hasn't proven himself yet.

We can all talk in hindsight how good Kante is etc and how he would've been better signing.Kante cannot pass the ball very well ,cannot shoot from distance,cannot win aerial duels ,isn't very spectacular in the tackle department on paper. Yet he is the best player in the PL for 2 seasons in a row.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby MecurialGooner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:34 am

BS221B wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:

uuh why would he still have signed for Chelsea? that's that acceptance of FAILURE talking once again. Just shows you view us as minnows under Wenger :rolleyes:

No reason Kante wouldn't sign for The Arsenal. Pay the fee and pay him what he wants. Could have signed him in 2015, but I'm even talking about signing him after Leicester won the title in 2016. Why not? if Chelsea were able to sign him, why couldn't we? that'd be the best signing Wenger would have made in the last 13 years because he's the best CM in the league.

No excuses for constant failure. Carvalho would be better than Xhaka, but make no mistake, he's still not very mobile ffs.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:55 am

BS221B wrote: He would have still signed for Chelsea.

Why? Because we are not a big club? because we had CL football and they didn't? because we finished 2nd they finished 10th? because we play in a modern 60,000 stadium they play in a 20th century pit?

None of those reasons add up to him not signing for us ... the fact is we lack ambition and have a manager who can't find his arse with both hands ... we conned Ozil and Alexis into signing, but after seeing how they've been treated no other big name player will touch us ... hence we sign the likes of Mustafa and Xhaka, 2nd tier at best .....

There was no footballing or financial reason not to sign Kante ... Wenger just didn't have the balls to try ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KG3 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am

Or save the money and give Arteta a 1 years deal we'd barley have notice a difference and probably an improvement.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:22 am

KG3 wrote:

Or save the money and give Arteta a 1 years deal we'd barley have notice a difference and probably an improvement.

Arteta was easily better than Xhaka, more mobile too.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Nuggets » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 am

Lets see how he does until the rest of the season, he MIGHT come good, it would help if he had somebody that could help playing alongside of him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Pudpop » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am

Put him next to Kante (or an in form Coquelin) with a proper system and he'll look like a superior version of Matic imo
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BS221B » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 am

Zenith wrote:
BS221B wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:

yeah lets ignore euros and call him a sloth based on one video. not saying he is usain bolt but still superior to xhaka at what he does.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:24 am

William carvalho isn't even that highly rated in Portugal anymore

Danilo Perieira is the best one
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BS221B » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:42 am

You know my favorite has always been Kondogbia ;) shame he went to the inter and went full trash with the all manager changes. Would have been a legend here.

imagine if diaby didnt get injuries, yep thats Kondogbia.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to World Football