Thank you, Laca: Lacazette set to leave Arsenal

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:24 pm

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:All the big clubs are being linked with Halaand. But not us. We won’t even try because we know it’s hopeless.

Halland plays in the German league, which means he's unproven as that league is utterly useless.
He looks like he could potentially make it at the much higher level of the PL, but remains to be seen.

Why the hate for the Bundesliga? :think:

It's a shit league tbh, even Timo Werner got 25+ goals there last season...he's wank.

Look at today even, Dortmund 2-0 up vs Bayern within 10 mins and a perfect chance to close the gap on their biggest rivals at their own place. Full time score? Ah yeah Bayern turned it on n won 4-2 :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:08 pm

starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:All the big clubs are being linked with Halaand. But not us. We won’t even try because we know it’s hopeless.

No argument from me
He is the hottest property in world football
Pace, power intelligence and a rich club likeArsenal should be in for the best

............ so of everything you just said.

Why would he come here? a club that's 10th and is a hair away from not even being in Europe next year.

Honestly, I know your a die hard fan but don't ever let that cloud reality, as an attraction to top tier players, we are sht.

We're also not "rich" anymore, we are as rich as Kroenke feels like making us ........... which after a £40m loss, you can bet your cotton socks he won't be giving us much money any time soon.

Halaand would be a laughing stock if he came to us in our current state.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

Why would he come here? a club that's 10th and is a hair away from not even being in Europe next year.

Honestly, I know your a die hard fan but don't ever let that cloud reality, as an attraction to top tier players, we are sht.

We're also not "rich" anymore, we are as rich as Kroenke feels like making us ........... which after a £40m loss, you can bet your cotton socks he won't be giving us much money any time soon.

We are on coarse for our worst season since 94/95
Who did we sign that summer?
Dennis Bergkamp and David platt
This club is a huge draw
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:25 pm

'Oh what a screamer from Lacazette!'
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:01 am

Santi wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Halland plays in the German league, which means he's unproven as that league is utterly useless.
He looks like he could potentially make it at the much higher level of the PL, but remains to be seen.

It's a shit league tbh, even Timo Werner got 25+ goals there last season...he's wank.

Look at today even, Dortmund 2-0 up vs Bayern within 10 mins and a perfect chance to close the gap on their biggest rivals at their own place. Full time score? Ah yeah Bayern turned it on n won 4-2 :lol:

I mean, Werner clearly isn't a bad player, he's just been used poorly at Chelsea and has clearly struggled to adapt to the Premier League. He's been played up top on his own or out on the flank, whereas that Leipzig attack was built around his strengths.

The Bundesliga is dull from a competitive perspective when looking at the league title, but below that it's pretty close season-by-season and there's some good teams in there. Even though the Premier League is deemed competitive we only have a decent title race every one season out of three or so, recently it's just been City, Liverpool or Chelsea walking to the title with little competition.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:07 am

I feel sorry for people who don’t rate Haaland because he plays in Germany. I feel very sorry for them.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:24 am

starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

This club is a huge draw

Times have changed.

Back then the biggest draws were Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd.

Now Chelsea, Man City have entered the race and we're are doing the worst of all those mentioned, have never won a CL or European trophy and haven't won the league in almost 2 decades.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

This club is a huge draw

Times have changed.

Back then the biggest draws were Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd.

Now Chelsea, Man City have entered the race and we're are doing the worst of all those mentioned, have never won a CL or European trophy and haven't won the league in almost 2 decades.

We're still a big club, but not a top team.
I don't think any 'top' player looking for trophies and reaching the top of the game would choose us over a top team.
BUT, there are plenty of players out there who are as good - or better - than the 'top' players that get hyped by agents and media.

Also, let's face it - we were also never as big a draw as Man Utd or Liverpool. The fact Bergkamp came to us was a HUGE surprise to everyone even back then.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Callum wrote:
Santi wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I mean, Werner clearly isn't a bad player, he's just been used poorly at Chelsea and has clearly struggled to adapt to the Premier League. He's been played up top on his own or out on the flank, whereas that Leipzig attack was built around his strengths.

The Bundesliga is dull from a competitive perspective when looking at the league title, but below that it's pretty close season-by-season and there's some good teams in there. Even though the Premier League is deemed competitive we only have a decent title race every one season out of three or so, recently it's just been City, Liverpool or Chelsea walking to the title with little competition.

I think Werner is shit tbh, thought he was before he came to Chelsea. Horrifically erratic finisher, shown it for Germany in the last tournament and was why I laughed when they signed him.

Glad it's worked out horribly for them. Doesn't mean every player doing well in the Bundesliga wouldn't make it here but I think it's a shitter league than many assume.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:31 pm

starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

This club is a huge draw

It certainly is.

Always has been, always will be.

Anyone who doesn't understand that should perhaps find another club to support.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Pretty much any player can be brought to a club if the pay is good enough.

Over the past decade, we've made 3 big signings: Ozil, Alexis and Aubameyang. All of them had a big impact, but still weren't enough to take us to the next level.

It doesn't matter who Laca's replacement is, if the team around him is still wobbly, concedes silly goals and doesn't create enough chances.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:27 pm

aniym wrote:Pretty much any player can be brought to a club if the pay is good enough.

Over the past decade, we've made 3 big signings: Ozil, Alexis and Aubameyang. All of them had a big impact, but still weren't enough to take us to the next level.

It doesn't matter who Laca's replacement is, if the team around him is still wobbly, concedes silly goals and doesn't create enough chances.

Ozil and Alexis were bought in when we were a CL club and Auba came because he was at Dortmund and all the other big clubs had spent their budgets in the summer on strikers.

Sought after strikers are the most difficult to land, we have a tight owner who's had his hands burnt and we're 10th and will not even be in Europe next season.

If you were one of the best strikers in the world, why the fk would you choose Arsenal?

Club full of clowns, just look at Xhaka ffs, we give games away almost on a weekly basis, we're a disgrace.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:32 pm

Callum wrote:
Santi wrote:
Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

The Budesliga is a sh*t league of much lower quality than the PL not because of a comparison of the clubs that can win the PL or the BL, but because of the depth of the teams in the league. It is easier to score in the BL because over 50% of the games strikers are playing against are not even competitive games. It would be like dumping 10 teams in the PL and drafting in 10 Division 2 teams to take their place. Strikers would score more goals. You think old man Lewondowksi would average over a goal a game in the PL? I think not. He wouldn't get to 20.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:39 pm

Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

This club is a huge draw

It certainly is.

Loyalty and delusion are two different things.

I've supported Arsenal since 1986, but clubs rise and they fall, our current standing is terrible and we've been the butt of the joke between the top 4 for years now.

We're a big club structure wise but we're performing like a 10th position club and had our capital frozen because our finances we've built over the years now belong lock stock and barrel to Kroenke.

The delusion of our fans is above our station in reality ............. our fame and reputation is built off a team that existed 20 years ago.

............. remind me what we've done since? any CL win? any league win? a few FA Cup's, that's it, can't even win the fkin Europa for gods sake, even Sevilla can manage that.

This is the problem with this club from top to bottom and why we're underperforming, the fans are fkin deluded, the club is deluded and don't know their arse from their elbow, we promote players who lose us games, we hire managers who ......... have never even managed a championship club before or anywhere for that matter.

Our standards have slipped beyond the pale and its because we're a club of all mouth and posture but no bite.

Players come here for easy money and an easy life ........... ask yourself one real quesiton, how would Xhaka, Willian, Luiz or Bellerin be treated at Liverpool or City with their antics and lack lustre performances?

Klopp would hair dryer them and not let them play ..........but at good old AFC all have been promoted as undroppable or favourites.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No argument from me

This club is a huge draw

It certainly is.

Loyalty and delusion are two different things.

I've supported Arsenal since 1986, but clubs rise and they fall, our current standing is terrible and we've been the butt of the joke between the top 4 for years now.

We're a big club structure wise but we're performing like a 10th position club and had our capital frozen because our finances we've built over the years now belong lock stock and barrel to Kroenke.

The delusion of our fans is above our station in reality ............. our fame and reputation is built off a team that existed 20 years ago.

............. remind me what we've done since? any CL win? any league win? a few FA Cup's, that's it, can't even win the fkin Europa for gods sake, even Sevilla can manage that.

This is the problem with this club from top to bottom and why we're underperforming, the fans are fkin deluded, the club is deluded and don't know their arse from their elbow, we promote players who lose us games, we hire managers who ......... have never even managed a championship club before or anywhere for that matter.

Our standards have slipped beyond the pale and its because we're a club of all mouth and posture but no bite.

Players come here for easy money and an easy life ........... ask yourself one real quesiton, how would Xhaka, Willian, Luiz or Bellerin be treated at Liverpool or City with their antics and lack lustre performances?

Klopp would hair dryer them and not let them play ..........but at good old AFC all have been promoted as undroppable or favourites.

Our fame and reputation is built off a team that existed 20 years ago?

You do realise we were founded over 100 years before you started supporting us? Our fame and reputation was built long before Wenger.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to World Football