Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Yes, I think it's best we do a Liverpool this season. Play our fab four shit, and try to score more
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:21 pm

i may have skimmed the posts too fast, but i think i missed the "giving up on Laca" part,

what i've seen is people simply saying that he has been lacking/poor of late...

and NOW, that we signed auba and mhiki, that we should start LMAO...

shrug... nutn wrong with calling a bad patch a bad patch....

am still hoping he comes good.
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 pm

Losmeister wrote:i may have skimmed the posts too fast, but i think i missed the "giving up on Laca" part,

what i've seen is people simply saying that he has been lacking/poor of late...

and NOW, that we signed auba and mhiki, that we should start LMAO...

shrug... nutn wrong with calling a bad patch a bad patch....

am still hoping he comes good.


agreed. laca's been very poor and doesn't deserve to start.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:20 am
Location: hampton, va.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby 22-0 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Still better than iwobi
User avatar
22-0
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Not sure when this was as i'm sure Henry mentions Chamberlain but this has happened time and time again this season. About time it was brought up. Wenger should be shown this analysis.

SuperJackyWilshere
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Not sure when this was as i'm sure Henry mentions Chamberlain but this has happened time and time again this season. About time it was brought up. Wenger should be shown this analysis.


Yes, it's been happening all season. Laca makes his best runs when the ball is deep, he's a counter attacking player, and also a poacher. The idea of playing a throughball nearer to goal for Lacazette will never work, because he's fast, but not rapid, rapid like Auba.

Only part I disagree with is that it's not a difficult pass for Xhaka :rofll:
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby starmandb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Not sure when this was as i'm sure Henry mentions Chamberlain but this has happened time and time again this season. About time it was brought up. Wenger should be shown this analysis.


It's our opening game of the season v Leicester
User avatar
starmandb
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10240
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Not sure when this was as i'm sure Henry mentions Chamberlain but this has happened time and time again this season. About time it was brought up. Wenger should be shown this analysis.



Wenger and Xhaka OUT


Cech
(OspinaMartinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Kos(c) Nacho
(JenkoNiles) (PerDinos) (ChambersHolding) (SeoBramall)
Xhaka Ramsey
(ElnenyNiles) (WilshereNiles)
Mkhi --- Ozil --- Welbeck
(IwobiNelson) --- (RamseySanti) --- (CampbellAsano)
Aubameyang
(LacaNketiah)

Updated: 3/4/18
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
Predictions League 2017-18 winner
 
Posts: 16683
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Smartly Dressed Morris » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Alexandre Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery ?! This is a surprise , wonder if Wenger has really given him time off to get his head together ?
User avatar
Smartly Dressed Morris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:41 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Sims » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Or maybe this is why he’s been shit for a while
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 25022
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby KG3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm

The fact that he's injured and when you take into account that we sold Giroud and Walcott and that PEA is cup ties in this competition we really lacking squad depth for this competiton, Wenger should really consider bringing back Perez/Campbell or even both as well talents like Nelson/Nketiah can only get you so far especially if we come up against a team like Dortmund/Madrid etc. Not that Perez/Campbell are good enough but their experience could be useful in this competition plus they're both better than Iwobi.
User avatar
KG3
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Smartly Dressed Morris wrote:Alexandre Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery ?! This is a surprise , wonder if Wenger has really given him time off to get his head together ?


There goes the Europa.

I was really looking forward to it, now we're just bolloxed up.

Unless Welbeck can get his act together in front of goal.

Tbf if we progress we'll just have to bring out some first team players to make up for Lacazette's absence.

I'm so disappointed, this was Lacazette's chance to get a run up front and recover some form in easier games.

Worst news.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14303
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Somewhere, showing someone all my energy.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Smartly Dressed Morris wrote:Alexandre Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery ?! This is a surprise , wonder if Wenger has really given him time off to get his head together ?


There goes the Europa.

I was really looking forward to it, now we're just bolloxed up.

Unless Welbeck can get his act together in front of goal.

Tbf if we progress we'll just have to bring out some first team players to make up for Lacazette's absence.

I'm so disappointed, this was Lacazette's chance to get a run up front and recover some form in easier games.

Worst news.


If I'm not mistaken, we'll only have played the Osterwhatever legs by then. Should be back in time for the Ro16
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby BexleyGooner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Smartly Dressed Morris wrote:Alexandre Lacazette is out for 6 weeks after minor knee surgery ?! This is a surprise , wonder if Wenger has really given him time off to get his head together ?


There goes the Europa.

I was really looking forward to it, now we're just bolloxed up.

Unless Welbeck can get his act together in front of goal.

Tbf if we progress we'll just have to bring out some first team players to make up for Lacazette's absence.

I'm so disappointed, this was Lacazette's chance to get a run up front and recover some form in easier games.

Worst news.


If I'm not mistaken, we'll only have played the Osterwhatever legs by then. Should be back in time for the Ro16


Fraid not mate. Round of 16 starts March 8. He won’t be back by then. Will just be back for the QF’s.
User avatar
BexleyGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Luzh 22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, we'll only have played the Osterwhatever legs by then. Should be back in time for the Ro16


Knee surgery. 6 weeks out. Arsenal.

Okay...
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
User avatar
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ach, Arsene Nose, GoonerShee, Goonerz, Jedieurokrem, LegendaryKeown, mel4, Phil71, Proximic [Bot], Yago, Zedie and 18 guests