Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby gunslinger1990 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm not that worried about Lacazette's performances. The lack of goals is frustrating, but i don't think he is playing badly. He'l start banging them regularly, no question about that.
gunslinger1990
Patrick Vieira
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 am

Lets face it Wonga is not exactly building his confidence by taking him off every game is he, he will destroy him like he did Pod.
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 11836
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 am

Nuggets wrote:Lets face it Wonga is not exactly building his confidence by taking him off every game is he, he will destroy him like he did Pod.

Aaah yes, Pod got the same treatment.

Wenger, the crippler of careers
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2608
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am

gunslinger1990 wrote:I'm not that worried about Lacazette's performances. The lack of goals is frustrating, but i don't think he is playing badly. He'l start banging them regularly, no question about that.


Yeah that's how I feel right now.

The sooner he gets that goal the better. Hopefully it will be tomorrow :pray:
SuperJackyWilshere
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Tony_Adams » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Got to feel sorry for him. Signs to play with ozil and alexis and ends up playing with iwobi and welbz!
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32776
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Got to feel sorry for him. Signs to play with ozil and alexis and ends up playing with iwobi and welbz!


Luckily for us Lacazette isn't good enough to be hawked by top 4 teams.

Can't believe I'm saying that about Arsenal but atm its the truth, we've sunk that low.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13922
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere Propa_Nutcase isn't.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Sorry but this guy has show more than he showing.. Imagine if it was our rival clubs that had signed him and he wasn't scoring goal like he is doing for us? We would be making fun of them..
Come One Come All..
User avatar
Goonerz
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Goonerz wrote:Sorry but this guy has show more than he showing.. Imagine if it was our rival clubs that had signed him and he wasn't scoring goal like he is doing for us? We would be making fun of them..


If he was missing easy chances like Morata and Lukaku have done this season then i'd say fair enough but he hasn't.

Again, he played pretty well today. Played some decent balls in for Welbeck, Bellerin and Iwobi today but none were taken advantage of. The service he's been getting has been horrific lately and today it got even worse for him.

He's very frustrated right now. Noticed a few times today he was throwing his arms in the air when he should of been played in and he wasn't.
SuperJackyWilshere
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:10 pm

We didn't buy an Henry or RVP.

We bought a standard, decent shooter of the ball with a bit of football savy.

He won't drag us forward like our greats of yesteryear .......... and at this stage a better player wouldn't come here.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13922
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere Propa_Nutcase isn't.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:10 pm

He had the look of a man who was told he was going to play with Ozil and Alexis
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes all his problems aren't because of himself as he clearly hasn't had the best service but he isn't exactly blameless either. He needs to be more proactive ruthless and get himself more involved. I must add though that he is the least of our worries especially in light of player exodus, managerial incompetence and draining squad quality we have on our plate.
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 23987
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

The thing is. We ARE creating chances for iwobi, wellbeck etc.
Lacazette is not getting those chances because his movement is so f***ing static.

Ive counted 2 moments today were Lacazette changed position. 2 ffs
Rest in Peace SE13 :(


Image
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 22143
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Good strikers are a rare breed. Lacazette, imo, can be a very good striker for us. The problem from what I can see, besides the obvious problem of playing with average players, seems to be a coaching problem or lacazette, himself, not following instructions; and if I was a betting man, given how we’ve been playing recently, I’d say it was the former. I was reading some of diamond’s post in here and he’s spot on with a lot of what he says about how lacazette can be better. This is something that can easily be fixed with a good manager.


Cech
(OspinaMartinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Kos(c) Nacho
(JenkoNiles) (PerDinos) (ChambersHolding) (SeoBramall)
Xhaka Ramsey
(ElnenyNiles) (WilshereNiles)
Mkhi --- Ozil --- Welbeck
(IwobiNelson) --- (RamseySanti) --- (CampbellAsano)
Aubameyang
(LacaNketiah)

Updated: 3/4/18
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 16570
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Good strikers are a rare breed. Lacazette, imo, can be a very good striker for us. The problem from what I can see, besides the obvious problem of playing with average players, seems to be a coaching problem or lacazette, himself, not following instructions; and if I was a betting man, given how we’ve been playing recently, I’d say it was the former. I was reading some of diamond’s post in here and he’s spot on with a lot of what he says about how lacazette can be better. This is something that can easily be fixed with a good manager.


Another 90 minutes without a single shot on goal .... the term 'good striker' hardly seems to fit .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: Alexandre Lacazette (9)

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Good strikers are a rare breed. Lacazette, imo, can be a very good striker for us. The problem from what I can see, besides the obvious problem of playing with average players, seems to be a coaching problem or lacazette, himself, not following instructions; and if I was a betting man, given how we’ve been playing recently, I’d say it was the former. I was reading some of diamond’s post in here and he’s spot on with a lot of what he says about how lacazette can be better. This is something that can easily be fixed with a good manager.


Another 90 minutes without a single shot on goal .... the term 'good striker' hardly seems to fit .....


Like I said, it’s a managerial problem. I saw our squad today and knew we’d struggle to score. Give lacazette players who’ll dominate a game and keep the ball in the oppositions half and lacazette will be more effective. Drill lacazette to be more involved in play and he’ll be more influential.

Not sure how true it is but it is well documented that Wenger takes a more laissez faire approach to training than the average manager. This approach may work with world class players but will never work with lower tier players


Cech
(OspinaMartinez)
Bellerin Mustafi Kos(c) Nacho
(JenkoNiles) (PerDinos) (ChambersHolding) (SeoBramall)
Xhaka Ramsey
(ElnenyNiles) (WilshereNiles)
Mkhi --- Ozil --- Welbeck
(IwobiNelson) --- (RamseySanti) --- (CampbellAsano)
Aubameyang
(LacaNketiah)

Updated: 3/4/18
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 16570
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], UFGN and 10 guests
cron