Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Two midfielders for the no6 position keep cropping up.......

Douglas Luiz and Onana.

Who do you prefer, myself I prefer Onana.


Luiz easily. He has experience,learned under a solid manager, made the BR NT.

I don't want us to pay £60m for a kid who's training amounts to 2 years of crisis Dycheball.

We should be aiming higher than both tbh.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:43 pm

But will the Teflon Don sell Luiz to Arsenal? He has revenge in his mind. He's likely to play hardball.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:45 pm

Think good midfielders are available in mid table La Liga and SerieA. Need to search around a bit. Will be cheaper too.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:55 pm

ag6789 wrote:But will the Teflon Don sell Luiz to Arsenal? He has revenge in his mind. He's likely to play hardball.

Villa need to sell
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36839
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:16 pm

Ach wrote:
ag6789 wrote:But will the Teflon Don sell Luiz to Arsenal? He has revenge in his mind. He's likely to play hardball.

Villa need to sell


Exactly, it's not Emery's call to make. Best he can do is remind them they can play CL at Villa too.

A pretty impossible statement to have made a year or so ago.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby TedLasso » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Jedi wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Two midfielders for the no6 position keep cropping up.......

Douglas Luiz and Onana.

Who do you prefer, myself I prefer Onana.


[FBCharts] Amadou Onana vs. Douglas Luiz.png


Onana is more physically imposing and four years younger. No brainer.

It's not a no brainer at all. The stats on your chart are extremely biased towards Onana's strengths. Let's see some passing, dribbling, chance creation, goals and assists... etc...

Onana is a big lump that plays in a blow block for Sean Dyche and is incredibly effective as a defensive destroyer in that system. However, he has no technique, average passing, doesn't carry the ball well... does very little well outside of winning aerial duels and his defensive work.

Rice has already shown he can take care of those responsibilities. We need another technical midfielder next to him. Douglas Luiz definitely closer to that. I haven't watched enough to determine if he's good enough to start for us but in terms of profile, definitely a better fit than Onana.

I wouldn't even want Onana as a backup for Rice because I think he's very protected in Sean Dyche's system and he would get absolutely exposed at the top level.


You make strong points, however, it comes down to what skills are you looking to add. We desperately need a left 8 which Luiz, without a doubt, fits better. He's more of a forward player and an excellent dead ball specialist, a trait we kind of lack. But we need both a left 8 and a backup 6, long term.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope that ESR becomes that left 8 and I see Onana as the perfect backup to Rice. He has all of Rice's irreplaceable attributes (size, speed, physicality) and will be much better coached at Arsenal where he can learn from Rice and Jorginho.
User avatar
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:40 am

Juventus are in talks with Aston Villa over a possible deal involving Luiz in exchange of another player from Juve.- BBC.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:18 am

ag6789 wrote:But will the Teflon Don sell Luiz to Arsenal? He has revenge in his mind. He's likely to play hardball.


If the Don does sell I don't think it will be to us.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 27940
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:56 am

Arsenal academy star Chido Obi-Martin scored a whopping 43 goals in 42 outings this season and has reportedly failed to agree a renewal deal with the Gunners.

So WTF is all this about? Bayern have taken advantage of a breakdown in talks between Arsenal and the player, and are advancing in talks to land the teenage sensation. It postulates that Borussia Dortmund are also keen on his signature.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 27940
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:58 am

According to Fabrizio Romano, Benjamin Sesko has opted to sign a new contract at RB Leipzig ending speculation about a summer move to the Premier League.

It had been reported in recent weeks that Arsenal were leading the way for the Slovenia international while Manchester United and Chelsea had also made contact with the 21-year-old’s representatives.

Over recent months, the Gunners have been linked with a host of top strikers including Victor Osimhen, Victor Gyokeres, Joshua Kirkzee, Marcus Rashford, Alexander Isak but Sesko emerged from the pack.

It was suggested the player’s age, 6″5′ physique and £55 million buyout clause all appealed to Mikel Arteta who was open to offloading one of Eddie Nketiah or Gabriel Jesus to help fund the deal.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 27940
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:06 am

PREDICTED ARSENAL OUTGOINGS THIS SUMMER
Nuno Tavares – £4m

Albert Sambi Lokonga – £10m

Eddie Nketiah – £15m

Emile Smith Rowe – £20m

Reiss Nelson – £5m

Kieran Tierney – £8m

Oleksandr Zinchenko – £20m

Good read. https://arseblog.com/2024/06/plenty-in- ... ll-we-get/
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 27940
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:58 am

Wait long enough and you’ll get most of those on loan, or for free with us paying some of their wages.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023
 
Posts: 17608
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby firfi » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:55 am

Onana is not for us.We need someone whos elite on the ball.We don't need destroyer.
Someone whos simmular to Jorginho in the 6 that can play with the ball well.
Douglas Luiz is too expensive for what he offers max 40-50mil for him.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 am

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:11 pm

@Firfi, engage your brain fella !

€20m for Neco Williams
€15m for Minamino
€9m for Grujic
€14m for H Wilson
€8.5m for Awoniyi
€21m for Solanke

I dont know why you are quoting prices for old dead playetrs at Liverpool, nobody gives a f**k about Lovren FFS. I posted sales for players in the age bracket of the Arsenal players I am talking about. Thats close to €100m on fringe players that were never going to get game time at Liverpool and/or players I've never even heard of. None of those players were voted best player in the league - like Ramsdale, for example. The players Arteta wants rid of are better than the players I listed that Liverpool sold !
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21185
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:15 pm

Jedi wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Two midfielders for the no6 position keep cropping up.......

Douglas Luiz and Onana.

Who do you prefer, myself I prefer Onana.


[FBCharts] Amadou Onana vs. Douglas Luiz.png


Onana is more physically imposing and four years younger. No brainer.

It's not a no brainer at all. The stats on your chart are extremely biased towards Onana's strengths. Let's see some passing, dribbling, chance creation, goals and assists... etc...

Onana is a big lump that plays in a blow block for Sean Dyche and is incredibly effective as a defensive destroyer in that system. However, he has no technique, average passing, doesn't carry the ball well... does very little well outside of winning aerial duels and his defensive work.

Rice has already shown he can take care of those responsibilities. We need another technical midfielder next to him. Douglas Luiz definitely closer to that. I haven't watched enough to determine if he's good enough to start for us but in terms of profile, definitely a better fit than Onana.

I wouldn't even want Onana as a backup for Rice because I think he's very protected in Sean Dyche's system and he would get absolutely exposed at the top level.

Onana is far better than you are giving him credit for, he has very good close control and dribbling, I'd take him over Luiz any day.
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21185
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests