WENGER OUT

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby ronniec » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Cripps wrote:Passion


Not 100% true.

There are players who play better for the NTs than for their clubs, but there are also a lot of players play better for their clubs than for their NTs.
Somehow current Arsenal players tend to play better for their NTs than for the club.. strange??
Last edited by ronniec on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby ronniec » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:01 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:I wonder how people defend this.

Giroud does better for France than he does for us
Ozil does better for Germany than he does for us
Ramsey does better for Wales than he does for us
Xhaka looks like a great midfielder for Switzerland and worse than shit for us
Welbeck scores for England and looks horrendous for us (In that purple patch two years back, still didn't score for us)
Sanchez looks better for Chile than he does for us
Elneny looks better for Egypt than he does for us
Holding does better for the English U21's than he ever does for us, same with Chambers
Iwobi is good for Nigeria and got them to a World Cup

Wonder what the common element in all this is.


Top Top post!!!!

We should include some former players on this list also..
Campbell plays better for Costa Rica than for us
Szczesny plays better for Poland than for us
Gnabry, does not have much Germany A team appearance, but whenever he played he had performance
Lord Bendtner had better performance for Denmark than for us
Gervinho had better performance for Côte d’Ivoire than for us
Poldi contributed more for Germany than for us ( after his first season)

Even the great Yaya Sanogoal, was a starlet for France U21, became absolute shit after joining us...

Coincidence??
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Angelito » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:59 am

Arsenal's evolution under Wenger:

- Topper
- Top-4'er
- Top-halfer

I would be genuinely surprised if Wenger and the board weren't already looking at a top-6 to top-8 finish as success. For the next 4-5 years, that seems to be the objective.

- Title challenge: Dreamland
- Top-4: Overachieving
- Top-6: Success
- Top-8: Acceptable
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 20817
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:47 am

ronniec wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:I wonder how people defend this.

Giroud does better for France than he does for us
Ozil does better for Germany than he does for us
Ramsey does better for Wales than he does for us
Xhaka looks like a great midfielder for Switzerland and worse than shit for us
Welbeck scores for England and looks horrendous for us (In that purple patch two years back, still didn't score for us)
Sanchez looks better for Chile than he does for us
Elneny looks better for Egypt than he does for us
Holding does better for the English U21's than he ever does for us, same with Chambers
Iwobi is good for Nigeria and got them to a World Cup

Wonder what the common element in all this is.


Top Top post!!!!

We should include some former players on this list also..
Campbell plays better for Costa Rica than for us
Szczesny plays better for Poland than for us
Gnabry, does not have much Germany A team appearance, but whenever he played he had performance
Lord Bendtner had better performance for Denmark than for us
Gervinho had better performance for Côte d’Ivoire than for us
Poldi contributed more for Germany than for us ( after his first season)

Even the great Yaya Sanogoal, was a starlet for France U21, became absolute shit after joining us...

Coincidence??

:clap:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 11393
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:47 am

ronniec wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:I wonder how people defend this.

Giroud does better for France than he does for us
Ozil does better for Germany than he does for us
Ramsey does better for Wales than he does for us
Xhaka looks like a great midfielder for Switzerland and worse than shit for us
Welbeck scores for England and looks horrendous for us (In that purple patch two years back, still didn't score for us)
Sanchez looks better for Chile than he does for us
Elneny looks better for Egypt than he does for us
Holding does better for the English U21's than he ever does for us, same with Chambers
Iwobi is good for Nigeria and got them to a World Cup

Wonder what the common element in all this is.


Top Top post!!!!

We should include some former players on this list also..
Campbell plays better for Costa Rica than for us
Szczesny plays better for Poland than for us
Gnabry, does not have much Germany A team appearance, but whenever he played he had performance
Lord Bendtner had better performance for Denmark than for us
Gervinho had better performance for Côte d’Ivoire than for us
Poldi contributed more for Germany than for us ( after his first season)

Even the great Yaya Sanogoal, was a starlet for France U21, became absolute shit after joining us...

Coincidence??

:clap:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 11393
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:04 am

Angelito wrote:Arsenal's evolution under Wenger:

- Topper
- Top-4'er
- Top-halfer

I would be genuinely surprised if Wenger and the board weren't already looking at a top-6 to top-8 finish as success. For the next 4-5 years, that seems to be the objective.

- Title challenge: Dreamland
- Top-4: Overachieving
- Top-6: Success
- Top-8: Acceptable


Yep, as long as the money keeps rolling in nobody cares, including the Wonga fans.
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:41 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:46 pm

The Mountain that Rides wrote:
Angelito wrote:Arsenal's evolution under Wenger:

- Topper
- Top-4'er
- Top-halfer

I would be genuinely surprised if Wenger and the board weren't already looking at a top-6 to top-8 finish as success. For the next 4-5 years, that seems to be the objective.

- Title challenge: Dreamland
- Top-4: Overachieving
- Top-6: Success
- Top-8: Acceptable


Yep, as long as the money keeps rolling in nobody cares, including the Wonga fans.

:clap:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 11393
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby The Mountain that Rides » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Just came across this Eurogamer article with the subtitle "Wenger out", skimmed the article and not sure what the relevance of the subtitle is to the article, but thought I'd share it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... oit-the-ai
The Mountain that Rides
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:41 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby weaponx57 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am

Arsene Wenger is the only Manager in the world than can make a club and players go backwards rather than forwards.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23343
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Yaaaaaay :1990_dancing.gif:
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Cripps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Why wait til 2022 ffs

2018 is just there
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43239
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:18 am

I have no doubt our board would let him manage an international team and us simultaneously.

He'd still be here even if he did go to the 2022 WC.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 17393
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I have no doubt our board would let him manage an international team and us simultaneously.

He'd still be here even if he did go to the 2022 WC.


Yeah hahaha probably true....Wenger aint leaving so long as Kronke is owner....or until he kicks the bucket.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:17 am

Re: WENGER OUT

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:19 pm

When you watch players like Ozil, Xhaka, Sanchez, Giroud and Lacca look top class playing for their national sides you have to wonder what the feck Wonger does to make them look so feckin' average for us .....
EliteKiller
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests