Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby tweetstreet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:19 am

I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?
User avatar
tweetstreet
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 am

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby theHotHead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

StLGooner wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.


Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.


What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?

Because Arsenal is a bad man club that used to have a bad man manager that managed a bad man team that played bad man football in a bad man part of London!!

Selassie I know!!
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 am

tweetstreet wrote:I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?


It would make a huge difference. It's not about the money it's about the message, you're spot on.
Image

#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 31221
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Zedie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:10 am

Santi wrote:
tweetstreet wrote:I know loads on here say that fan power in terms of protesting match day and not buying tickets won’t work because revenues are small fry in comparison to tv and advertising but surely after a fair few games of empty statdium this affects how happy advertisers will be as sky etc will be less inclined to televise us and the negative stigma doesn’t work well for them either?


It would make a huge difference. It's not about the money it's about the message, you're spot on.


Those saying to keep quiet are way off. Ffs fan action just dislodged Wenger and now people are saying fan pressure doesn't do anything?

Ok m8
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30827
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings
User avatar
Marsbar100
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7809
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
weaponx57 wrote:While I loathe Stan Kroenke I absolutely hate Dangote.

I've spent 15 years of my life in Nigeria so I know his story and how he made his money....makes Kroenke looks like a f***ing saint....lets just say many many lives were destroyed and rampant corruption gives him a monopoly in the industries he's involved in and if you want to compete....lets just say you'd either end up dead or pushed out by police/corrupt politicians.


Well that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the insight.


What is it about Arsenal that attracts rich thugs?

Because Arsenal is a bad man club that used to have a bad man manager that managed a bad man team that played bad man football in a bad man part of London!!

Selassie I know!!


Yes we're really "gangster"! All that class we have mean that the nouveau riche want to buy some class that they don't have. As for bad part of London, the areas nice around it and Holloway road has every shop on it that you could want however it is in Crazy Comrade Corbyn's constituency so swings and roundabouts and all that.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8256
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 am

Sorry but we just need to turn it in for the time being and just wait to see what he actually does now the club is his baby.

We can't keep protesting and be up in arms every five minutes its becoming a joke, Kroenke owns Arsenal now, he's not going anywhere and he especially isn't going anywhere in the next few seasons if ever.

If people want to protest then protest at the right time as in when we fall lower down the table or don't buy players, people are acting like its a popularity contest.

As I said before, every other club has this, Utd has the Glaizers, City has the oil Sheik, Chelsea has Abramovich etc etc

Are we really planning to go a whole season finally under a new manager kicking off about Kroenke every weekend?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15688
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: In Losmeister's head

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Sorry but we just need to turn it in for the time being and just wait to see what he actually does now the club is his baby.

We can't keep protesting and be up in arms every five minutes its becoming a joke, Kroenke owns Arsenal now, he's not going anywhere and he especially isn't going anywhere in the next few seasons if ever.

If people want to protest then protest at the right time as in when we fall lower down the table or don't buy players, people are acting like its a popularity contest.

As I said before, every other club has this, Utd has the Glaizers, City has the oil Sheik, Chelsea has Abramovich etc etc

Are we really planning to go a whole season finally under a new manager kicking off about Kroenke every weekend?


Tend to agree

I can't do the angry fan thing right now. I've fuckin earned the right to sit back and enjoy Arsenal this season and hopefully for a good few years before I can be arsed to do the whole Kroenke Out thing

Mission accomplished for now, Wenger is gone, we have a fresh start. No point trying to get rid of an owner that can't be got rid of. Not now anyway.
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16548
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 am

DG you are half right. Nobody knows what Kroenke will do so lets see the path he goes down before we judge.

You are wrong about the rich owners. The Glazers bought Man U with a leveraged buy out, saddling the club with massive debt immediately (the club was the leverage).

City and Chelsea were not saddled with any debt when they were bought, so not the same thing at all.
User avatar
theHotHead
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings



It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33109
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:05 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings



It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?


Yes. They got it wrong and failed to correctly predict the huge increase in other revenue

However access to tickets was a huge problem at Highbury and the move to the Grove has at least helped us on that score. Really it needs to be bigger
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16548
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings



It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?


Yes. They got it wrong and failed to correctly predict the huge increase in other revenue

However access to tickets was a huge problem at Highbury and the move to the Grove has at least helped us on that score. Really it needs to be bigger


Doesn't it have the ability to expand? I thought they designed it with possible expansion in mind, but also thought I heard something about the city laws that could keep it from happening?
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33109
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Revenue from Emirates is still a large part of our earnings



It better be. Wasn't that what we were told for the reasoning behind a new stadium?


Yes. They got it wrong and failed to correctly predict the huge increase in other revenue

However access to tickets was a huge problem at Highbury and the move to the Grove has at least helped us on that score. Really it needs to be bigger


Doesn't it have the ability to expand? I thought they designed it with possible expansion in mind, but also thought I heard something about the city laws that could keep it from happening?


Apparently it can. But I'm actually on a train right now that went past the stadium just now, and when you see the place from that angle you can see just how tight a squeeze it is. So it would have to be another tier on top, or a lopsided shape with some parts higher than others

The planning issues mainly revolve around flow of people and public transport. Holloway Road tube station is too small to use on match days and that would probably have to be addressed if we expanded, which would mean rebuilding the whole station.
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16548
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Phil71 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 pm

In our first season at the Emirates, we earned more from the hospitality section alone than we did from the whole of Highbury the previous season.
Image

Viva la revolución
User avatar
Phil71
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Kroenke ups Arsenal stake

Postby Zedie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm

It doesn't seem like much because we are still one of the only top clubs that are self sufficient and don't take any owner investment at all.

We needed the stadium even more than any of the others bar spurs.

Man u - commercial power
Liverpool - mega rich owners that throw money at the club
Chelsea - abramovitch
City- literally backed by a country
Everton - now backed by mega investors

Arsenal - paid for by the blood of the fans. Even more so once Stan sets his sights on another sports club to leverage us against.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30827
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests