Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Implications of Newcastle takeover on Arsenal

Postby swipe right » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:Jay should help Willock write his CV. Based on that Newcastle form he can get him a Messi type of contract.

That was a much shorter period and this season he hasn't scored - which is what I knew would happen
Unlike some who pretended he was great purely because Arteta got rid of him. :biggrin:

Chill bro. We all get the point you’re making which is our form over the past thirty odd games isn’t bad. The reason you’re getting pushback is our eyes and the table tell a different story. What we see is an unsettled team with plenty of unresolved issues and a manager that does not exude confidence. The table reflects this. You may well be right that we have turned a corner and we all hope it to be true. But we too may be right that this is an aberration. Emery also went on mazy runs of form that amounted to nothing. It was evident then too that there were problems and we were papering over the cracks.

Well, we can't know for sure either way whether the improved form will continue.
We do know that we have improved, however, and that is the only point.
To be honest, even the improved form is not where we want to be - it's not going to get anywhere close to challenging for a title. It's not an end game - we still need to get better. But, right now, just being in the mix for the top 4 with a few games to go will be good.

Well on this issue let’s hope you’re right as improved form would be most welcome.
swipe right
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:12 pm

Just seen some of the Newcastle fan reaction videos, they're ecstatic.

They've just become the richest club in football.

........... somebody needs to tell them JayRam thinks it won't make a difference.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Yes and everyone should bow and make way for the blood thirsty Omar of some sand dune
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Just seen some of the Newcastle fan reaction videos, they're ecstatic.

........... somebody needs to tell them JayRam thinks it won't make a difference.

:rofll: :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:32 pm

:lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Just seen some of the Newcastle fan reaction videos, they're ecstatic.

How does a bunch of Newcastle fans being ecstatic affect us?
jayramfootball
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 pm

I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top, even Sunderland have more titles than the delusional Geordies (and did have more than City and Chelshit)
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 pm

NovaGB wrote:I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top

Both Everton and Villa are owners by super rich billionaire tycoons as well.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:I always wonder why these arabs and oil tycoons keep buying shitey clubs with no history and don't revive fallen giants like Everton and VIlla etc (or us) it still looks weird to me seeing Chelshit and Man City always up the top

Yeah but they don't do that mad FFP dodging crazy spending like City and Chelsea over the last 10-15 years
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:12 pm

NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Yeah but they don't do that mad FFP dodging crazy spending like City and Chelsea over the last 10-15 years

City and Cheslea got in early before the FFP rules were applied and have been to get their ducks in order to cover their tracks now that they have to follow certain guidelines. I also think they've gathered enough power and leverage to continue taking the piss and only take a slap on the wrist for breaching any rules. I think they may come down harder on teams that try to pull the same stunt today. We'll see. With COViD hurting football revenues, I have a feeling rules will be relaxed for outside investments.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:20 pm

The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.
theHotHead
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.

They have the most annoying delusional fans already, well the Geordies i know are anyway, they will drive everybody nuts as soon as they get a few names in.

They were cheap as chips though, not that it would have mattered to the new owners with the money they have, i wish they bought us its been painful and got worse and worse since 2006.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NovaGB » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

City and Cheslea got in early before the FFP rules were applied and have been to get their ducks in order to cover their tracks now that they have to follow certain guidelines. I also think they've gathered enough power and leverage to continue taking the piss and only take a slap on the wrist for breaching any rules. I think they may come down harder on teams that try to pull the same stunt today. We'll see. With COViD hurting football revenues, I have a feeling rules will be relaxed for outside investments.

For someone who only just really watches the arsenal and england games these days i don't know how the hell PSG are getting away with ffp
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 pm

NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

For someone who only just really watches the arsenal and england games these days i don't know how the hell PSG are getting away with ffp

Good lawyers. It's nuts. I think they have tried to clamp down on them before but nothing happened. Lawyers dealt with it.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:35 pm

theHotHead wrote:The Newcastle purchase makes perfect sense, the club won't take much to buy, they have a great stadium already and numerous and fanatical support. Everything is in place for them to become a top level club.

I read somewhere that Newcastle fans were also extremely desperate to get Ashley out no matter what and so would act like the PIF's own bot army, except it'd be real people, to justify their club's new owners. Made sense.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk