West Ham 1-3 Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/12/13

Postby AFC10 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:36 am

We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Kyle? » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am

AFC10 wrote:We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski

They had 9 days rest, they shouldn't be dead after 1 game.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am

We should have the squad to be able to rest Ramsey and Ozil for 2 consecutive games, but we don't. Ozil was known for being subbed around 70 mins every week at Madrid, no surprise he'd be knackered. Ramsey looks dead on his feet as does Giroud, maybe they're just all shit eh?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:48 am

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Flamini Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
Podolski
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Yago » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:50 am

Yeah, the above, but with Gnabry instead of Walcott and no Bendtner on the bench.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 am

Another 0 - 0 draw!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:47 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
AFC10 wrote:We'll be back to winning ways again I'm confident in that and HOPEFULLY we'll be top of the league if City carry on their form at home. Ramsey is in need of a rest for sure and so's Ozil and Giroud.

Schez

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Flamini Arteta

Walcott Cazorla Rosicky

Podolski

They had 9 days rest, they shouldn't be dead after 1 game.

Yeah, if they can't back it up after that they don't deserve to call themselves professional athletes. Although it certainly would be easier for them if Wenger had bothered to use his bench,
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:55 am

The only thing missing from the game was a 1-0 loss for us, in all honesty. That point is a point gained if we beat West Ham and Newcastle. Liverpool will drop points against City--hopefully it's a draw so both drop points, while Liverpool/Chelsea will be extremely close.

We just have to continue beating the "lesser" teams. The dangerous games for us from now until the end of the seasons are Liverpool at Anfield, Spurs at the Lane, Chelsea at the Bridge, and Everton at Goodison.

As I stated at the start of the season, beat all the teams outside of the top-4 and even if we lose to the ones in the top-4, we will win the League.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kazgooner » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 pm

I believe Ozil will be rested in this game. The boss said before the Chelsea game that he was going to rest Ozil soon, just not against Chelsea. I believe this is the right time. Newcastle will be tough on Sunday so he needs a rest.
kazgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Pudpop » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Angelito wrote:The only thing missing from the game was a 1-0 loss for us, in all honesty. That point is a point gained if we beat West Ham and Newcastle. Liverpool will drop points against City--hopefully it's a draw so both drop points, while Liverpool/Chelsea will be extremely close.

We just have to continue beating the "lesser" teams. The dangerous games for us from now until the end of the seasons are Liverpool at Anfield, Spurs at the Lane, Chelsea at the Bridge, and Everton at Goodison.

As I stated at the start of the season, beat all the teams outside of the top-4 and even if we lose to the ones in the top-4, we will win the League.

Imagine Pool draw with both of them and we win both our games :cloud9:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I think this is the perfect opportunity to give Cazorla a chance in the middle. It's easy to forget with Ozil coming in this year, but last season Santi was phenomenal and he could do with a game or two playing through the middle to really get back into the swing of things.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:40 am

Callum wrote:I think this is the perfect opportunity to give Cazorla a chance in the middle. It's easy to forget with Ozil coming in this year, but last season Santi was phenomenal and he could do with a game or two playing through the middle to really get back into the swing of things.

Yeah give Özil a rest and make sure he's fully fit for the game against Newcastle [a]. I don't think we should play him for 90 minutes within a space of 7-8 days, especially considering we can afford to rotate. Would do the same with Giroud but he could still come on as a substitute in case Bendtner's not looking like he's going to deliver. If we're in a strong position around the 60th minute I would also give Gnabry half an hour of game time and give Theo a breather. The same with Ramsey/Arteta.

Szczęsny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Flamini . Ramsey
Walcott . . . Cazorla . . . Podolski
Bendtner

Subs: Vivianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Gnabry, Giroud

Assuming Koscielny isn't fully fit yet*

Wenger only tends to rotate when he's forced to by injury so i'm not expecting this line-up.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:36 am

This will be the perfect game for Podolski to get back into fitness and we need him to asap.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:34 am

yes, let's rest özil and play santi for him.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:05 am

e said: "Arsenal had a very tactical game (against Chelsea). We could do with locking them out like Chelsea did.

"We got tumbled over twice by them last year, particularly at the Emirates, so we'll protect ourselves on Arsenal's abilities and then try to exploit their weaknesses."

Fat Sam ahs made it clear how he's gonna approach this game. I can see us really struggling here as we are low on confidence and will play our slow football and West Ham will get the 0-0 they want at half time. Then they will score from a set piece and we will struggle to do anything and Wenger will blame the ref and say west ham are anti football. I think we are heading for our downfall. Wenger is not a manger who can lift a team when needed and I can see us struggling for the coming few weeks
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14