Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:31 pm

fair result today

everton is a really strong team, they played well and deserved a point. was a brilliant game to watch IMO

if everton can keep playing like that they will finish top 4. they can beat the likes of liverfool, shity and chelski

would have been a great goal from giroud if he had scored that last one

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 pm

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed

Im not afraid of Chelsea, City at home though is another matter.

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT

They really are not a great side, they are a top four side and nothing more. Their defence is horrid and they have zero strikers that can score

Neither are Man U. I'd be surprised if we get a win from the next two games

Two draws would continue the unbeaten run and keep everything even excluding Pool (though they will eventually have to face them as well)

Liverpool have Spurs, Chelsea and Man City in their next four games, they will drop points.
About that 'tap in' Giroud missed, I don't think it was that easy, the ball was very close to him and was somewhere near his mid-rif, don't think he had time to adjust. :dontknow:
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Gunflash » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:36 pm

It was a fair result although I'm a bit disappointed that we couldn't hold on. Everton are good (much improved under Martinez) and they came at us, especially in the first half. It was a good point overall and now it's a big week coming up with Napoli and Man City.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby prolific » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Disappointing performance, as mentioned already Everton were shown a bit too much respect. Nonetheless a point will do, it could have been a loss for not being mentally right! Girouds effort at the end should have gone in :(
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 am

everton really didnt deserve anything they hardly created an chances and just passed the ball around hopelessly.

Giroud was absolutely diabolical and my opinion of his performance could have been far worse if ozil didnt score after his shocking miss. The sooner we get rid of him the better he isnt the only stirker who knows how to pass or do flicks but he must be one of the only strikers that miss at such a ridiculous rate. He's hardly ever in the box (for his shot that hit the bar at the end he shouldnt have even been there he should have been in the box attacking the cross prior) and he cannot beat a man . I'm not usually one to criticise our players but i've had it with giroud, he's complete garbage and i dont even want him here as a second choice. Sick and tired of the excuses people make for him too, he isnt the only slow striker in the world others can use good positioning and movement to cause havoc all giroud does is lurk far post im not sure why hr never receives the ball there. The guy hardly scores headers and hardly scores the sooner we replace him the better.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 am

No1Fan wrote:everton really didnt deserve anything they hardly created an chances and just passed the ball around hopelessly.

Giroud was absolutely diabolical and my opinion of his performance could have been far worse if ozil didnt score after his shocking miss. The sooner we get rid of him the better he isnt the only stirker who knows how to pass or do flicks but he must be one of the only strikers that miss at such a ridiculous rate. He's hardly ever in the box (for his shot that hit the bar at the end he shouldnt have even been there he should have been in the box attacking the cross prior) and he cannot beat a man . I'm not usually one to criticise our players but i've had it with giroud, he's complete garbage and i dont even want him here as a second choice. Sick and tired of the excuses people make for him too, he isnt the only slow striker in the world others can use good positioning and movement to cause havoc all giroud does is lurk far post im not sure why hr never receives the ball there. The guy hardly scores headers and hardly scores the sooner we replace him the better.

He has been very poor for most games this season. But because there were no expectations on him start of the season and he started well. Suddenly he has become very overrated. he's decent and nothing more. It says alot when Lukaku scored 8 goals more than him last seasons and will atleast get 8 more this season and he's a kid
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 am

Inb4 Omphi rage post.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby 1991 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 am

the result itself isn't concerning, whats concerning is the sheer lack of bottle the team was playing with in the first half.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby deipnosophist » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Gunners fans from an Evertonian

Excellent game of football ...up there with our clash against Liverpool. To be honest, I would say you created more clear cut opportunities than us but only a curmudgeon would deny a draw was a fair result. There was so much intensity and passion and free flowing football. Both sides presented "the beautiful game" with distinction.

We have now played all the usual 'top of the league' suspects (last years top 7) and this week's 4 points v United and yourselves sees us in pretty good nick points-wise. It is way too early to be to overly 'table position-centric', but what a competition we have this season. It is going to be a shit fight of major proportions.

Good luck for your next BIG games (don't fancy you at Etihad but you should be Chelski)....see you all at Goodison in the New Year

Merry Christmas x
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby deipnosophist » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 am

....should beat Chelski...
deipnosophist
Liam Brady

Postby Apollo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:23 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Inb4 Omphi rage post.

Lol over that, no longer talk about Giroud.Its a Plato's Allegory of the cave type situation well thats how i feel.

Leads to a continuous circle of nothingness, like an Atheist trying to convert a devout Christian or Priest trying to convert an Atheist.

Gonna sit back and enjoy while those who don't, don't.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 am

Difficult to disagree with much of his post
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Jay22 wrote:Ozil making Distin look like a fool.

Merked.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Ozil so good at that
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 pm