Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Wenger said Ozil was outstanding today. Don't know about that....
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:49 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Wenger said Ozil was outstanding today. Don't know about that....

I agree with Wenger. Slowly getting to his best
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Ozil was sublime. Such an intelligent player.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Strikers are judged on goals, that's the role they've chosen, Kos is judged on defending, you don't see him leaking goals every other game hence he get's praise.

Giroud was a wonder strike away from being hailed but it didn't happen, that's the reality of it, we could of used a few more strikes like that from him this season, his fault he's not been doing it.

Look at Suarez, that's a striker who's due applause, Giroud had a very mediocre game and missed a golden tap in that Ozil had to finish, what's to rave about I really don't know?

I agree, he didn't do anything special, but he played well without being spectacular - not worthy of 2/3 ratings anyway, in my opinion. I don't want to get into this again anyway so lets just leave it.

Cool, but just so you know I gave Walcott 3.5 and Giroud and Walcott is a favourite of mine.

Think he did ok on the ball but Theo hardly got into the game until the last 5mins or so, maybe not his fault but hey, expected a little more, see next time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Massa wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Wenger said Ozil was outstanding today. Don't know about that....

I agree with Wenger. Slowly getting to his best

Saw him pushing for it as well right up until the last kick, even more so than most of the others on the pitch and he scored.

Was happy to see him grinding it out, looking better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Cool, but just so you know I gave Walcott 3.5 and Giroud and Walcott is a favourite of mine.

Think he did ok on the ball but Theo hardly got into the game until the last 5mins or so, maybe not his fault but hey, expected a little more, see next time.

Yeah, I just don't want to discuss Giroud anymore. It's a battle I admit I lost a long time ago. I still think the animosity shown to him is over the top and embarassing from some, but hey-ho, that's football.

The Arteta hate is maddening as well - against Liverpool and a few other games last month he was superb, but tonight people are saying we should sell the guy. I really f***ing hate this short-termist attitude from some of our fans.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 pm

LOL no don't think we should sell him but I have to admit he's starting to look jaded for some reason.
He did have a few good games about a fortnight ago.

Quite a difference compared to Flamini who's always raring to go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:40 pm

If we had a top quality striker, we'd have won today. It's as simple as that.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AFC10 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Angelito wrote:If we had a top quality striker, we'd have won today. It's as simple as that.

That's exactly the same thing we said the last time we played them at the Emirates :crybaby:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Youngie wrote:Arteta isnt good enough. He needs to go in the summer.

what a joke of a post. He has been very good lately, just today he wasnt good.

Agreed. He might be losing his legs but he's still our best DM.

No he's not.

Arteta is our best Deep lying mid but Flamini is the best DM.

It all depends on what you want from your game, today though against a rough housing Everton team Flamini was the one we should of started with.

Teams with less pressure, less physical and ones who give us more time on the ball i.e ones who park the bus or play at a slower tempo i.e CL, then Arteta's play would be more suitable.

Yes he is, averages more tackles and interceptions per game. The only edge Flamini has over Arteta is he still has his legs and more energy. Flamini has proven himself in any big games yet from memory.
Disagree with playing Flamini in high pressure games too, Arteta is a much better passer and that's key when playing against a team that's pressing you. Arteta has excelled in high pressure games with teams that press like Dortmund and Liverpool. Today was only a one off. For what it's worth, Wenger sees Arteta as our best DM too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:59 pm

agreed with an eariler post that said not too long ago we would have lost this match
arteta's getting some stick but everton to me looked the best team by far we have played this season
the midfield was a total battleground ross barkely was rampant with also barry and pienar playing well and arteta isnt going to get much help from santi or ozil is he?
imo flamini should have started today to bulk out the defensive side of things i was shocked to see him not playing ?
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 pm

I must be one of the few people who actually though a draw was a good result.

Everton have only been beaten once this season. They are 5th and playing some great football.

Bar Liverpool, every other contender for the title dropped points yesterday.

Being 5 points clear well into December is excellent and we stand a very good chance of going into the new year top as well.

Without an injection of real quality in January, i don't personally think we can sustain this form until the end of the season but we've given it a good go so far.

I just hope Wenger realises that come Jan, not only would a good player improve us but it may galvanise the squad even more and give us just enough to win the title.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Wenger Me Softly wrote:I must be one of the few people who actually though a draw was a good result.

Everton have only been beaten once this season. They are 5th and playing some great football.

Being 5 points clear well into December is excellent and we stand a very good chance of going into the new year top as well.

Without an injection of real quality in January, i don't personally think we can sustain this form until the end of the season but we've given it a good go so far.

I just hope Wenger realises that come Jan, not only would a good player improve us but it may galvanise the squad even more and give us just enough to win the title.

Top post mate!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Wenger Me Softly wrote:I must be one of the few people who actually though a draw was a good result.

Great post mate.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:18 pm

im sure wenger realizes what we need. whether or not the old french maestro can pull some magic out of the hat in january remains to be seen ?
considering the other results this was a good point against a good team
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14