Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:48 pm

If Kos and Mert have a game anything close to today's game, and Rambo and Wilshere play just a bit better, we'll roll over Chelsea IMO.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 pm

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed

Im not afraid of Chelsea, City at home though is another matter.

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT

They really are not a great side, they are a top four side and nothing more. Their defence is horrid and they have zero strikers that can score

Neither are Man U. I'd be surprised if we get a win from the next two games
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT

They really are not a great side, they are a top four side and nothing more. Their defence is horrid and they have zero strikers that can score

Two draws would continue the unbeaten run and keep everything even excluding Pool (though they will eventually have to face them as well)
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

The thing is with a league setting 3 points are 3 points, 1 point is point regardless of when you accumulate them.

We play everyone twice no exception, and a point against Everton would still be a point whether we played them today with the run up or three weeks ago.

Whilst our rival lost conceeding three to fricken Stoke and drawing to an underpowered Soton. I wouldnt react negatively against accumulating a point against this Everton side.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

LOL you are talking as though every player today put in 10/10 performance and still people are complaining. I mean Wenger waited till his usual customary time to make his substitutions. Just cos the result is decent in terms of overall context of this weekends results doesn't mean today's performance was satisfactory. Ther is no knee jerk going on here. Our performance today definitely no where near the levels we have displayed this season. Koscielny's brilliant 10/10 performance papered over plenty of below average performances today.

I definitely don't think all players put in a 10/10 performance.

I have no issue with the timing of the substitutions.
The end of the first half was enough indication that we could create and dominate with those on the field.

And in terms of the exact changes made, probably would have the Caz, Wilshere,Ramsey off aswell i was suprised he was as adventurous as to put them all on at the same time though. Attempt to solidify the middle and freshen it up on the flanks

All in im all satisfied with the result.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

The thing is with a league setting 3 points are 3 points, 1 point is point regardless of when you accumulate them.

We play everyone twice no exception, and a point against Everton would still be a point whether we played them today with the run up or three weeks ago.

Whilst our rival lost conceeding three to fricken Stoke and drawing to an underpowered Soton. I wouldnt react negatively against accumulating a point against this Everton side.

Physiologically the longer we remain top the better, and we would've been top by Christmas at least had we won today. Now if we lose the next two which is a definite possibility we'll be 2nd/3rd
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:57 pm

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

Two draws would continue the unbeaten run and keep everything even excluding Pool (though they will eventually have to face them as well)

I'd take two draws but I can't see it. It wouldn't keep everything even as City/Chelsea will likely gain 3 points in the other games they have
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 pm

I would have taken 2/6 points if we had won today. 4/6 is the aim now.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:02 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:I would have taken 2/6 points if we had won today. 4/6 is the aim now.

I'll be happy with 3
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

Physiologically the longer we remain top the better, and we would've been top by Christmas at least had we won today. Now if we lose the next two which is a definite possibility we'll be 2nd/3rd

Yes City and Chelsea are difficult games, but the silent attitude almost seems to be that we've lost them already which i just dont get.

Like the've done something to convince people their the best teams in the league while the've consistently done the opposite.

We can win we can lose just like any other game, i think we hyping the next two weeks of a 38 week season too much.

Probably the even bigger point is that we banking on Chelsea and City to win their other game and taking it like a given. We've seen what they do this season, them winning any game is far from a given even against nothing opposition.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:

Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I'd take two draws but I can't see it. It wouldn't keep everything even as City/Chelsea will likely gain 3 points in the other games they have

We all have to play the same teams, we will be most likely playing Norwich or someone similar when City have Chelsea.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Massa wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:The lack of a good striker on this team has been masked by the superb play of Ramsey. Ramsey struggled today and our problem was exposed.

We really really need to get a mobile striker with killed instincts this January if we want to win the league.

I said it in the other thread that we need something different upfront when things aren't going our way. A mobile/trickier striker who makes intelligent runs behind/in-between defenders would add a lot to our game.

No one is available. Although I've been impressed with Remy this season.

Remy has been simply superb for Newcastle this season. Newcastle would never sell him in January though.

He's on loan from QPR
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Massa wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Ozil cannot handle the rough stuff yet.

Arteta is not fit for high tempo games.

Koscielny clearly the man of the half.

Giroud needs to get his striking boots on. He should have done better with the couple of chance he had.

Rosicky and Flamini's legs plus Walcott's pace is what this game needs. I would take Ramsey, Ozil and Arteta off.

Ramsey is our match winner and generally gets better as games go on. Immense engine so will be better 2nd half. If you wanna bring those players on it should be for Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere

Ramsey has made several sloppy passes and mistimed tackles. He has been superb this season but lets be fair he was pretty poor in that half.

Even at 50% he'll always be more dangerous than Rosicky.

LOL. At 100% he's not as dangerous as Rosicky... Jesus that man is under-rated..

In no way is Rosicky more dangerous than Ramsey

gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:21 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Massa wrote:

Giroud needs to get his striking boots on. He should have done better with the couple of chance he had.

Rosicky and Flamini's legs plus Walcott's pace is what this game needs. I would take Ramsey, Ozil and Arteta off.

Ramsey is our match winner and generally gets better as games go on. Immense engine so will be better 2nd half. If you wanna bring those players on it should be for Arteta, Cazorla and Wilshere

Ramsey has made several sloppy passes and mistimed tackles. He has been superb this season but lets be fair he was pretty poor in that half.

LOL. At 100% he's not as dangerous as Rosicky... Jesus that man is under-rated..

Ramsey has more goals this season than Rosicky since 2008. More assists this season since Aug 2011. One cross changes nothing bro
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
Massa wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Massa wrote:

Ramsey has more goals this season than Rosicky since 2008. More assists this season since Aug 2011. One cross changes nothing bro

alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14