Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 am

Royal Gooner wrote:One thing I've noticed is that many people aren't mentioning Rosicky. I think he was excellent, he was everywhere he needed to be, including once when he lost the ball on one side, he ran all the way to the other side to get it back.


He's always good. I'm his biggest advocate around and Rosicky never really has a "poor" game. Even when he does, he has flashes of brilliance, and his work-rate and complete contribution in the middle--even when he's playing as a CAM--makes up for his apparent "poor" games. Amazing player to have. Massively underrated.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26108
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby ivän itchybüm » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:44 am

Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?


13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
User avatar
ivän itchybüm
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10444
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am
Location: Koscielny's pocket

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 am

ivän itchybüm wrote:Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?


He's taken the scissors to them again. This time Wenger has had a go at him for it and rightfully so.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8915
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby ivän itchybüm » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm

I personally think we should sleeve him alone
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?


13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
User avatar
ivän itchybüm
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10444
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am
Location: Koscielny's pocket

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Just like Giroud he could have just rolled up his sleeves. You're technically wearing a shirt with long sleeves but at the same time your forearms aren't covered. Win-win situation, you respect the club's tradition plus you feel more comfortable yourself.
Personally i've always hated playing with long sleeves myself, even when it's below 0c°, it just doesn't feel comfortable somehow but since most of the clubs i've played for only had kits with long sleeves, I just rolled them up. Problem solved.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31231
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?


He's taken the scissors to them again. This time Wenger has had a go at him for it and rightfully so.


Why? Who gives a f**k.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Was an encouraging win considering we never really got out of first gear. Comfortable, clean sheet, professional job done - I like seeing this.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?


He's taken the scissors to them again. This time Wenger has had a go at him for it and rightfully so.


Why? Who gives a f**k.


Because it's club tradition.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8915
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?


He's taken the scissors to them again. This time Wenger has had a go at him for it and rightfully so.


Why? Who gives a f**k.


Because it's club tradition.


Feel like I'm repeating myself but:

Who gives a f**k.

No, but seriously. This is such a minor thing to have a "tradition" about. Flamini is one of our top performers this season IMO, let's potentially affect his morale because of a bullshit tradition.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby friedslice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 pm

^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.
Image
User avatar
friedslice
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 am

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:24 pm

friedslice wrote:^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.


Cling on fans? Shut your hole you judgmental prat. Who are YOU to call me a "cling on fan"?

Traditions are not infallible. If it's a stupid rule, it's a stupid rule, no matter who set it up, how it was set up or how long it's existed for.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
friedslice wrote:^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.


Cling on fans? Shut your hole you judgmental prat.

Traditions are not infallible. If it's a stupid rule, it's a stupid rule, no matter who set it up, how it was set up or how long it's existed for.


Clearly you have no understanding of how integral traditions are to making this club what it is.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8915
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
friedslice wrote:^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.


Cling on fans? Shut your hole you judgmental prat.

Traditions are not infallible. If it's a stupid rule, it's a stupid rule, no matter who set it up, how it was set up or how long it's existed for.


Clearly you have no understanding of how integral traditions are to making this club what it is.


If traditions are more important to you than the actual team itself then I'd argue -you've- got your priorities wrong. I respect you for having a different opinion, that's absolutely fine, but at least back it up with some argument and attempt to come down from that high horse of yours.

Also, once again, regardless of how integral they may be that still doesn't translate to every tradition being correct and infallible. I'm not the only one that thinks this is a load of crap, although I may have argued it more vehemently than most, but apparently they're all paper fans as well. Go ahead and brand half the board as paper fans for having an opinion contrary to your own.

You've produced no argument for your point at all other than "This is how it is."
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Zedie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:I personally think we should sleeve him alone


Well played
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
friedslice wrote:^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.


Cling on fans? Shut your hole you judgmental prat.

Traditions are not infallible. If it's a stupid rule, it's a stupid rule, no matter who set it up, how it was set up or how long it's existed for.


Clearly you have no understanding of how integral traditions are to making this club what it is.


If traditions are more important to you than the actual team itself then I'd argue -you've- got your priorities wrong. I respect you for having a different opinion, that's absolutely fine, but at least back it up with some argument and attempt to come down from that high horse of yours.

Also, once again, regardless of how integral they may be that still doesn't translate to every tradition being correct and infallible. I'm not the only one that thinks this is a load of crap, although I may have argued it more vehemently than most, but apparently they're all paper fans as well. Go ahead and brand half the board as paper fans for having an opinion contrary to your own.

You've produced no argument for your point at all other than "This is how it is."


Omphi93 wrote:Royal has me swinging towards the other side of the arguement.

Thinking if thats the way its always been done, Flamini has played for Arsenal before knew what it was then, and followed it, knows what it is now but he alone refused to follow.

Its not the actual tradition as i think its pretty trivial but the fact that everyone else obeys and understands the order of things but he decides to go against the long established tradition and how this has been passed down however long through all those who have represented the club in the past.

The actual rule is arbitrary but if everyone ever wearing an Arsenal shirt has followed it, because thats what was done you cant have a guy walking in and deciding re write the clubs history and rule book.I guarantee he isnt the first who prefers a short shirt to long.


This reason enough for you?
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8915
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 13/14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests