Nicklas Bendtner

Re: Nicklas Bendtner

Postby O2il » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Shows flashes of great control, positioning and skill coupled with a hard work ethic but fails to be consistent! I think that's why Arsene has not let him go earlier. Keeps waiting for him to come to age and get that consistency. However I think it was Einstein who said doing the same experiment time and time again is the definition of madness!
He flicked it wide of Grobbelaar!
O2il
Michael Thomas

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Does this waste of space still have any support on here?

And don't give me the whole 'he's an Arsenal player so of course I support him blah blah'
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:40 pm

UFGN wrote:Does this waste of space still have any support on here?

Yes.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Yes.

Except you. You're obsessed with him for some reason
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 pm

UFGN wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Yes.

Except you. You're obsessed with him for some reason

You didn't specify that. Don't try moving the goalposts when you have someone able to answer you sufficiantly.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby prolific » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Whats wrong with Bendtner...

Theres soo much shit in there. I cannot wait until he fucks off. Totally clueless.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Someone translate please?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby prolific » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm

In short he said he doesn't care. I'd love for someone to translate from tongue but until then I can only advise using http://translate.google.com/
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:19 pm

prolific wrote:In short he said he doesn't care. I'd love for someone to translate from tongue but until then I can only advise using http://translate.google.com/

Hello. İ am from Turkey..

the world's largest and most ardent hell is waiting to Arsenal..

Dont worry!

20 millions 6alatasaray fans will support to Arsenal but we will beat!

Did you be curious to hell?

Click here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InpxYeU1QnI

You know 2007-2008.. We kissed to Chelsea in İstanbul..

Watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFdmCZfKrtY

A fine reminder why Google translate doesn't give the correct translation always.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... s-club-for

Nicklas Bendtner has done a candid interview in Denmark with Berlingske in which he speaks about his troubles over the last year and criticises those he feels have wronged him. The press come in for a bit of an attack, as we explained in an earlier article, and he believes they have been unfair toward him even though he admits his own mistakes off the field.

Arsenal and Arsene Wenger also receive criticism and on the eve of the club's huge game with Manchester United the interview isn't going to go down well. It wouldn't have gone down well at the best of times, most supporters are keen for the day he leaves the club, but his timing isn't fantastic given that Wenger is untouchable right now.

Bendtner says he wanted to leave the club in the summer and thought that's what would happen so was disappointed when it didn't happen and he ended up staying at Arsenal.

"I had it all in place, there were three clubs who were just waiting for me to say yes to one of them.

"It was not the mindset I had (staying at Arsenal). I was incredibly disappointed when he (Wenger) called because I was ready to move on. And I actually did not think that they wanted to keep me."

Once Bendtner was brought back into the first team squad he was told to move his stuff from the reserve dressing room, he'd been training with the youngsters because it looked like he had no future at the Premier League club. That situation didn't please Bendtner and he thinks it was unfair considering his history with Arsenal.

"When I'd been at the club since I was 16, I found it totally ridiculous that they had put me in the reserves and let me train myself. Suddenly everything was back to normal: I trained with the first team, I hung out with the first team, I had a dietitian again."

Bendtner explained that he knew there was no point in getting angry because it would have made his future treatment worse so he decided to just get his head down and get on with it. Despite saying that, he's still happy to criticse the club and his words will go a long way to defining his future. The Danish striker believes he ins't treated equally to other players and has to show more than other players to get a chance.

"I have to fight twice as hard during every game and also score to have a chance to start next time, which in itself is hard when I haven't hardly played in a year due to injury and have not had a pre-season with the others on the team.

"Right now I'm the easy prey to them because I want to get away from the club, and Arsenal do not want to keep me. And these haters - they always choose the easy option."

He feels he shouldn't be mocked for being at the club when he was desperate to leave in the summer, that if anyone should face criticism for the fact he's still there it should be Arsene Wenger who blocked his move.

Bendtner's plans for this season are to train as hard as he can and make himself as attractive as possible to clubs who may be interested in buying him. He thinks it would take a miracle for him to remain at Arsenal and after this interview a miracle may not be enough.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:22 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... irected-at

Arsenal's recent form has done a lot to distract from the Nicklas Bendtner situation. At the beginning of the season he received a lot of criticism for being unfit and even though he was genuinely injured there were questions surrounding his attitude to getting himself fully fit and back out on the pitch. Much of that was fair especially after he'd shared his summer holidays with all his Twitter followers and posted photographs in which he looked anything but a professional sportsman.

Bendtner appeared to be oblivious to the situation surrounding him, clubs were pulling out of talks about signing the striker and his future was looking shakier by the day. Arsenal fans had lost patience with the player and much of his earlier arrogant claims about himself were brought back to mock him. The media in both England and Denmark criticised him repeatedly and he was painted, probably fairly, as someone throwing his talent away.

He feels much of it was unfair and has hit back in an interview with Berlingske in Denmark. He's said he managed to keep silent about the criticisms but can't any longer, although he insists that what is written doesn't bother him.

"Sometimes silence is the best weapon. I have intentionally not participated in interviews over the past six months. I have not told you what I feel.

"So much was written about me. Some of it is unfortunately true, but half of it is outright lies. But when people before the Italy match claimed that I suddenly couldn't play football anymore - when all of a sudden my personality and my talent is under attack, then it was too much. I read every day in the newspapers that I was lethargic during training and not even bothering to hit the target. We play on Saturday, and then you get to see, I thought.

"But it doesn't touch me. It can't. Even the smallest bone in my body wasn't moved when I read what you had written, and heard what you have said about me. And believe me, I've heard sooo much b*******.

"There were so many lies in the stories. And there are many journalists I will never talk to again. But I will not deny that it was a crazy time for me. There was so much in my life, and much of it was negative."

Bendtner insists he isn't bothered about what the press have said about him, that it's not hurt him, but the truth seems to be the opposite. He's clearly been upset by what the media say and the Danish outlet he spoke to says he thinks it's a witch hunt.

The striker isn't prepared to change to please people in Denmark or anywhere else and will continue to do what he pleases when he pleases, which isn't the best advert for clubs who may be interested in him. Jack Wilshere was recently involved in a media storm after he was caught smoking but Bendtner openly admits he likes to smoke cigars and will continue to do so.

"I cannot walk around and behave in a way so that all Danes are pleased. Well, I smoke cigars occasionally. If I feel like it, it's what I do. I do not care, many do not think that a footballer can afford to do it. Think about it: Back in time, all players smoked. There was not a problem. All of a sudden, some things changed and footballers should be these faceless role models. To this I say once and for all: Change I won't. I have to be ME. And if someone has a sore ass that I am red wine collector or drive expensive cars, then it's their problem. It can never be my problem. "

That's everyone told then.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Zedie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Akpom it is then. Laters 2 inch offside guy.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:30 pm

well hopefully this will make wenger buy a striker come jan
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Zëdië wrote:Akpom it is then. Laters 2 inch offside guy.

Yep. Should've chosen for him as 2nd choice too. (or better still, bought one)
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 am

So the i don't care was aimed at the press in denmark, not at the arsenal fans? Is that right?

Because twitter and the english press seem to be taking the 'i don't care' statement and suggesting it was aimed at us gooners!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner