Quote of the Week

All forum-related announcements will be posted here.

Re: Quote of the Week

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:11 pm

"I'm 100% certain that I'm correct. That doesn't make me arrogant, it makes me right."
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Costa > Starbucks
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Zedie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Top 10 zlatan quotes

Press Conferences

“Come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister.”

His response to a female journalist who brought up the rumours of whether Zlatan was gay. I’m guessing she didn’t take him up on his offer…

“I don’t know. You can ask your wife about it.”

After turning up to a press conference with a cut on his face, he did not seem to be keen to talk about how exactly he acquired the injury…

Zlatan on Zlatan

“An injured Zlatan is a pretty serious thing for any team.”

When asked whether his team would miss him if he picked up an injury. To be fair, would you really argue with that statement?

“Zlatan-style”

When someone asked how he plays football – whether he is more of a Swedish or a Bosnian-type player…

"A World Cup without me is nothing to watch so it is not worthwhile to wait for the World Cup."

Zlatan's response to Sweden not qualifying for the 2014 World Cup...

Managers and Other Players

“Then Guardiola started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening. Why would I? It was advanced bullshit about blood, sweat and tears, that kind of stuff.”

Zlatan is clearly not one for in-depth, philosophical team talks. Certainly not a fan of Guardiola’s at least…

“Jose Mourinho is a big star… he’s cool. The first time he met (my wife), he whispered to her: ‘Helena, you have only one mission. Feed Zlatan, let him sleep, keep him happy.”

Clearly Jose Mourinho understands Zlatan’s importance and has some useful advice for his wife. Special One meets Special One?

“What John Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange.”

After Carew criticised his profligacy in front of goal, Zlatan seemed less than impressed by the Norwegian’s talent…

“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.”

A smart piece of advice after Mario Balotelli set fire to his house ahead of the Manchester Derby. Garden I can understand, but why kebab stands?

"First I went left, he did too. Then I went right, and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hot dog."

Zlatan describing how he left Stephane Henchoz for dead in a friendly match between Ajax and Liverpool...

New Clubs

“I couldn’t believe it. I was like ‘No way, Zlatan doesn’t do auditions’.”

While at Malmo FF, Arsene Wenger was interested in signing the young striker, but wanted to bring him in for an initial trial to take a closer look. Clearly Zlatan was not interested in a trial…

“I am Zlatan. Who the hell are you?”

As a 20-year old, he signed for Ajax for €8.4m. When asked how he would introduce himself to his new teammates, this was his reply…

Personal Life

“Nothing, she already has Zlatan.”

When he was questioned about the engagement gift that he bought for his partner, he clearly sees himself as the best thing possible…

“We are looking for an apartment (in Paris). If we don’t find anything, then I’ll probably just buy the hotel.”

When you are Zlatan, there are easy solutions to not being able to find a good apartment. Who needs a flat when you can buy an entire hotel?

“I have not met her yet, but when I do, I will be dating her.”

When asked who the most attractive woman on the planet was, he revealed his plan for when he finally decides. Not sure what his partner makes of this…

Zlatan Beaten?

“It was the fault of David Trezeguet, who made me do one drink of vodka after another. I slept in the bathtub. Now I hold my vodka much better.”

David Trezeguet – possibly the only one to ever get the better of Zlatan. It certainly won’t be happening again by the sounds of it…
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Announcements