The Bendtner conundrum

Re: The Bendtner conundrum

Postby Est83 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:03 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:He's an absolute joke. Doesn't deserve another chance here, he burnt his bridges. Quite aside from the attitude problems he's not good enough to play for us.

Almost can't believe he is still on the books

This. He wasn't used on the wing for that long, so enough with the excuses. He had a short spell where he smashed them in regularly, but guess what.... so did Chamakh!!! The rest of the time -yes I know he was young - he seemed to be working on his own DVD of 'most embarrassing misses ever". He wasn't the best striker at the club, and certainly wasn't the most clinical. If he ate some humble pie and stuck it out on the wing (not the I agreed with him playing there) for just a little bit longer, not only would people have warmed to him but he might have actually learnt something... about humility I mean, not playing on the wing, that was just retarded :dizzy:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby yosifun » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 pm

He's only here in case we have injuries before January, he's still better than Sanogo though..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 am

Sims wrote:He turned down Hamburg earlier in the summer claiming 'they were not big enough'. Hopefully he knuckles down and actually works hard for us now.

yet he was whinging that we blocked his move to Crystal Palace :rofll:
what atool
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 am

Est83 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:He's an absolute joke. Doesn't deserve another chance here, he burnt his bridges. Quite aside from the attitude problems he's not good enough to play for us.

This. He wasn't used on the wing for that long, so enough with the excuses. He had a short spell where he smashed them in regularly, but guess what.... so did Chamakh!!! The rest of the time -yes I know he was young - he seemed to be working on his own DVD of 'most embarrassing misses ever". He wasn't the best striker at the club, and certainly wasn't the most clinical. If he ate some humble pie and stuck it out on the wing (not the I agreed with him playing there) for just a little bit longer, not only would people have warmed to him but he might have actually learnt something... about humility I mean, not playing on the wing, that was just retarded :dizzy:

Its like people forget how much he stalled our play as a starter. He was ok at the time off the bench because he could pile in on corners, but sorry, Bendtner was poop!

He was the closest thing to an orthodox CF we had at the time, but now we have Giroud, hes not really needed for anything more than cover.

f**k it, I know Sanogo has been less than inspiring, but id rather let him make his mistakes and gain confidence than that t**t.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:19 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Sims wrote:He turned down Hamburg earlier in the summer claiming 'they were not big enough'. Hopefully he knuckles down and actually works hard for us now.

what atool

He also turned down Frankfürt and Hull. The only person who's to blame is Bendtner himself.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Kyle? » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am

No point using him, he's f*cked us over before, we should f*ck him.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:

what atool

No he wasn't! Read the quotes, he said that the deal fell through because arsenal didn't get Ba, he wasn't whinging, he was actually saying he'll do his best for Arsenal, but typically this didn't fit with the press' agenda.

The headline to the articles doesn't fit with what he actually said! It sounds like he was asked why hecwas still an arsenal player, he gave an honest response and they used those quotes to make it sound like a whinge!!! He was actulasy very respectful!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 am

Hans Gruber wrote:No point using him, he's f*cked us over before, we should f*ck him.

We pay him, if we dont play him we only f*ck ourselves.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby friedslice » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:37 am

He wants out, we wanted him out, we were going to sell him and replace him with ba, but chelsea cancelled on us so we had to keep hold of bendtner for numbers. all parties no where they stand, but we are where we are in the situation, and best bet for everyone is him to get his head down, train and work hard and put in some effort for the remainder of the time he's here. noone will take him if he doesnt start putting in some dedication.
if we're paying the wages, i see little point in him rotting, he does have some international pedigree and can't be worse than sanogo at this stage.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 am

Zedie wrote:
Est83 wrote:

Its like people forget how much he stalled our play as a starter. He was ok at the time off the bench because he could pile in on corners, but sorry, Bendtner was poop!

He was the closest thing to an orthodox CF we had at the time, but now we have Giroud, hes not really needed for anything more than cover.

f**k it, I know Sanogo has been less than inspiring, but id rather let him make his mistakes and gain confidence than that t**t.

Akpom for the win! :hiding:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Play him in the COC and the FA Cup.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:27 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:But if he's as arrogant as people say then he probably believes he's good enough if given a chance to prove himself at arsenal and juve. Wasn't he injured for most of his time at juve? So he never really got a chance there.

I really don't know what to make of him and the situation but I've always thought he was a good player and just needed a chance in his best position - which he never really got.

he was injured for 4 and a half of the 8 months he was at juventus
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 am

Dejan wrote:shit players play for crystal palace

ian wright and kenny sansom say hi
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 am

Dejan wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Sh*t players don't score in the CL

Shit players can still score in the CL. Its no big deal.

Royal Gooner wrote:sh*t players don't get loaned out to Juventus

Shit strikers are strikers that cant score. Thats exactly what he did at juve. shit player

Royal Gooner wrote:if Wenger really wanted him out he wouldn't have kept him back as a backup for Giroud.

We tried to offload him all summer for f**k sake. Its not easy to offload him if f***ing barely anyone wants him, and when a team does want him, Bendtner is f***ing asknig for too much money.

Arsenal have reportedly agreed to pay striker Nicklas Bendtner £3million to leave the club.

Nicklas Bendtner’s prospective move to Premier League new boys Hull City could fall through due to the striker’s huge wage demands.

Nicklas Bendtner’s proposed move to Eintracht Frankfurt could be on the verge of collapse due to the Arsenal man’s ‘unrealistic’ wage demands.

Nicklas Bendtner is in talks with Turkish side Trabzonspor as he bids to finally secure a move away from Arsenal this summer.

Nicklas Bendtner says he will finally depart Arsenal within the next two weeks after holding talks with ‘five or six’ clubs over a transfer.

As I said. We tried to offload him all summer.

Royal Gooner wrote:On edit: Why did chelsea even allow us to negotiate for a loan fee then?

And why Chelsea allowed us to negotiate with Ba was probably to stall time. Brilliant move from Mourinho and Chelsea if you ask me. After Ba there was not enough time to get someone else in. And if you read Mourinho's comment he clearly stated he wouldnt sell to us.

bendtner played 404 minutes for juventus
rvp went 741 mins without a goal last season
did he become a shit striker
starmandb

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:39 am

Finally, someone agreeing with me that Bendtner is not a sh*t player.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner