The Bendtner conundrum

The Bendtner conundrum

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 am

He does not have a good rep here and no wonder. He has done nothing to endear himself not just to us but to fans of the sport in general and other teams in general seeing that he is a good player, who does well internationally, yet can't seem to get any higher than relegation candidate teams in terms of finding a new club.

He says that once he had his car accident he was black listed by Wenger and that he was not given a chance. Does that sound like how Wenger would operate? Is that fair? I am sure managers in the past have stuck by a player after worse than that and they have paid them back on the pitch.

Is the way he has reacted to the club just a reaction to how we did not support him? although there can be no doubt that he has come out looking the bigger **** by far when all things are considered. He is definitely the most in the wrong here, his attitude has been terrible in many respects but is it all him?

Can he rebuild his career here? Can bygones be bygones?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Bendtner conundrum

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am

If he works hard, gets fit and makes an effort then I will be happy to see him wear the jersey once again. In a perfect world he'd be anywhere but here but as it turns out he's still an Arsenal player, and we need to make it work. We're paying him a lot of money so it'd be foolish to completely isolate and disregard him considering our lack of depth up front.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 am

I feel the onus is on Bendtner to prove himself. If he shows up and excels, I have no doubt that Wenger would play him. At the end of the day Wenger needs to do what's best for the club and I feel that he's only going to put players on the pitch that he believes will contribute in a positive way.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 am

Well it's well known I backed Bendtner since I've been on this forum, made a sig of him in fact

Fact of the matter is he was wasted on the wings, and when called upon a cf, he delivered. he can do it again as well if Giroud gets injured.

i thought he was massive for us in 09/10 and would prefer him to sanogo everyday of the week

Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby AFC10 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 am

I'm willing to give him a chance as a fan aslong as he keeps his head down, works hard, stays out of trouble and doesn't moan ONCE. If he fails to do any of those, he can do one as far as I'm concerned. The guys had more than enough chances at Arsenal.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:01 am

I have always been a big fan of his as well. I hope he can succeed here, I hope he sees that he is not going to end up at a better team than us and throws himself back into rebuilding the bridges here both on the pitch and behind the scenes.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:01 am

Man has to be played now.

We have our main man in Giroud, then it's Lukas when he's back fit, but apart from that we don't have another striker to call upon so Bendy has to work hard, get back in shape, h needs to be considered as a squad player and a option if players aren't available. With a bad summer in regards to buying the striker we need, we cannot afford him to sit on the bench. If he comes back and shows even half of the desire he showed back in 2009-2010 his best season, he may get some decent playing time.

He has pissed about with his career for too long. You got your chance to stay with a top club another year. Use it or soon enough, if you don't make an impression, only championship clubs and below will take your sorry ass.

He has to prove us wrong now.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 am

my anger at bendtner was always

A) that he was being played in awful positions

B) with his off the field behavior

i'm hoping he gets humble, works hard and get's on good with the other players, he's a good player after all
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:08 am

He's an absolute joke. Doesn't deserve another chance here, he burnt his bridges. Quite aside from the attitude problems he's not good enough to play for us.

Almost can't believe he is still on the books
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:17 am

Well, he's currently our second best fit striker... so we'd better be nice to him I guess :dontknow:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 am

a f***ing joke is what it is
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 am

I say we stand by him. He could be brilliant cover for Giroud and if he accepts thats all that he'll be then its fine by me.

I've always rated the guy, the talent is there, this is his last chance.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 am

he needs to f**k off

so do you pg ffs
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am

After a window when we were linked with world class strikers for the first time in years it's a MASSIVE climb down to now be hoping that an arrogant bell-end can help us out.
If he scores a few goals for us all will be forgiven but my biggest doubt is that he can go from a bitter, Arsenal-hating egotist to a team player who gives 100% on the pitch. That would be the biggest U-turn in history, almost as big as Suarez's.

One of the biggest things this squad has going for it at the moment is it's magnificent team spirit (see Hotspunk win) so why would you want to jeopardise that by bringing back a player who might end up head-butting Giroud on the pitch?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheArsenalPost » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am

I'd have preferred a top striker but I agree that Kicky B could give some decent cover to Giroud and offers an option for cup games. If he sorts himself out and works hard, who knows?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner