Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:13 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Wish him all the best in Rome. He looked promising at times and was our best dribbler IMO but I don't think he'll be missed. Chamberlain should take Gervinhos gametime.

Would love to see that happen.
Obviously the Ox is still a bit raw but he looked good in pre-season and he can play in various positions.
His crossing is also excellent unlike Gervinho's so I can't see us doing any worse.
A more direct player overall imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Wish him all the best in Rome. He looked promising at times and was our best dribbler IMO but I don't think he'll be missed. Chamberlain should take Gervinhos gametime.

Would love to see that happen.
Obviously the Ox is still a bit raw but he looked good in pre-season and he can play in various positions.
His crossing is also excellent unlike Gervinho's so I can't see us doing any worse.
A more direct player overall imo.

+1
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Wenger - Why I let Gervinho leave

Gervinho was allowed to leave Arsenal because he lacked confidence and needed a new challenge, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Ivory Coast international spent two seasons at Emirates Stadium and showed flashes of his undoubted class, not least when he led the attack at the start of the 2012/13 campaign.

Gervinho scored 11 goals in 63 appearances for Wenger's side before completing a move to Italian side Roma earlier this month.

"I made that decision [to sell Gervinho] because he looked to play with a lack of confidence, especially at the Emirates," explained Wenger in his exclusive interview on Arsenal Player.

"He is a very creative player, an instinctive dribbler and for that you need a lot of confidence to be completely efficient. I felt that in the last six months it was very difficult for him to express his talent in a confident way.

"Then you sit there and think, 'Do I bring him back or does he need a new challenge to get that confidence back?' and I did not want to stop him from getting a new chance."

Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... inho-leave

I had a feeling lack of confidence was the issue. I just hope Gooners who attend games or use Twitter to interact with the players realize that what they say does have an affect on our players. If you want us to win games then back the players who wear the shirt :arsenal3:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Yao Gervais Kouassi
(Gervinho)

http://www.asroma.it/pdf/corporate/oper ... rvinho.pdf

L’A.S. Roma S.p.A. rende noto di aver sottoscritto con l’ARSENAL F.C. il contratto per l’acquisizione a
titolo definitivo dei diritti alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Yao Gervais Kouassi (Gervinho), a fronte
di un corrispettivo di 8 milioni di euro. L’accordo prevede altresì il riconoscimento di un corrispettivo
variabile, fino ad un massimo di 1,75 milioni di euro, per bonus legati al raggiungimento da parte del
calciatore di determinati obiettivi sportivi.
Con il calciatore è stato sottoscritto un contratto di prestazione sportiva di durata quadriennale, con
scadenza al 30 giugno 2017.

Google Translator

The A. S. Rome S.p.A. announces that it has signed with the ARSENAL FC the contract for the acquisition
outright rights to the player Gervais Yao Kouassi (Gervinho), compared
for a consideration of € 8 million. The agreement also provides for the payment of consideration
variable, up to a maximum of EUR 1.75 million for bonuses tied to the achievement by the
footballer of certain athletic goals.
With the footballer signed a contract of employment for four years with
expiring on 30 June 2017.

pounds.. 6816216 + 1491047.25 = 8307263.25
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Never thought I'd say this, but we could kinda do with Gervinho right now. Walcott is our only fit senior winger (unless you wanna count Podolski)
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Trequartista wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but we could kinda do with Gervinho right now. Walcott is our only fit senior winger (unless you wanna count Podolski)

We're better off with 10men than Gervinho. His time at Arsenal proved that.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Gervinho is terrible under pressure...remember the open goal miss against Bradford? of
I want to see Podolski getting more playing time....the way Wenger treats him it's looking like Arshavin all over again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

aniym wrote:Gervinho is terrible under pressure...remember the open goal miss against Bradford? of
I want to see Podolski getting more playing time....the way Wenger treats him it's looking like Arshavin all over again.

Yeah, that's because he's not that great.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby prolific » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 pm

aniym wrote:Gervinho is terrible under pressure...remember the open goal miss against Bradford? of

Arshavins didn't step up as he should have. Podolski is too much of a joker, loud mouth and isn't balancing that out with action on the field.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:43 pm

prolific wrote:
Trequartista wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but we could kinda do with Gervinho right now. Walcott is our only fit senior winger (unless you wanna count Podolski)

We're better off with 10men than Gervinho. His time at Arsenal proved that.

I've never seen £10 million score a goal, track back, or put a cross in. At least Gervinho scored occasionally and in fairness he always tracked back. If we spend the £10 mill on a better winger, than great. but I don't think we're linked with any wingers at the moment.
Leno
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

I miss Gervinho.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:46 pm

^ Word
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Why wouldn't you count Podolski?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trequartista » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 am

Inchpractice wrote:

Why wouldn't you count Podolski?

I just don't think he's a winger. For me, he's a striker, but sadly, besides an incredible shot and half decent pace, he's quite a limited player, especially technically and he doesn't suit our system.
Leno
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:34 am

Unbelievable Geoff...
Gervinho blames Wenger for bad form

Gervinho remarkably has blamed Arsene Wenger for his poor form at the club, despite the Ivorian getting plenty of game time, he told SunSport: “I was not getting much time on the pitch and was in need of this time to improve and play my best football”.

With his finishing did he really expect to repeatedly start up front? In his two years at the Gunners the forward played in 46 Premier League games, even though he spent 6 weeks away on International duty in the middle of last season, and more importantly he wasn’t playing very well to merit any more game time than that.

“Wenger was not prepared to give it to me [game time]. Also my position on the wing was not what I was expecting and I wasn’t happy with it. It would have helped had he shown more confidence in me.”

Sensational claims for Gervais. Whenever the player was picked many fans were confused and frustrated; Arsene appeared to have more patience and belief in the player than anyone else. It’s a bit of a bitter blow from Gervinho, and something I really didn’t expect, he seemed to leave graciously and the move suited both parties, there was no need for such an outburst.

In 31 Premier League starts and 15 sub appearances he scored 9 goals. Hardly the prolific centre-forward he wants to be and thinks he is. We wish him all the best at Roma and hope he finds his best form, the form at Lille.

Read more: http://www.fresharsenal.com/gervinho-bl ... z2eIfZbJbD

http://www.fresharsenal.com/gervinho-bl ... -bad-form/
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to 27. Gervinho