Snooker world championship 2013

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Snooker world championship 2013

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield
20 April/6 May 2013: World Championship

Each to their own but im a massive fan of snooker. Ronny the rocket is back to defend his tittle. Does anyone watch it, or play themselves. Anyone have any bets (dejan) Ronny is the favourite @3/1, easy money he always wins.

Rules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_snooker

p.s
Snooker>all forms of pool

;)
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Snooker world championship 2013

Postby Gould » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm a huge fan of snooker, play alot of pool league but the chances to play snooker these days is limited in my area the local Riley's has closes no other clubs really, there's a village club up the road from me that has 2 tables but they arnt in exceptional condition snooker In this country is dying off, it's an older persons sport, it's good to have people like Ronnie in the game still keeping then attention on snooker
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Gould wrote:I'm a huge fan of snooker, play alot of pool league but the chances to play snooker these days is limited in my area the local Riley's has closes no other clubs really, there's a village club up the road from me that has 2 tables but they arnt in exceptional condition snooker In this country is dying off, it's an older persons sport, it's good to have people like Ronnie in the game still keeping then attention on snooker

I worked for Rileys for 2 years in Uni. They've closed down now too, its now a gentleman's club. Snooker clubs were awesome, casual game of snooker or pool, cheap booze, very quiet. Plus they always have a big screen for the PL and CL football that the general public didn't know about. The only other place which i go is the British legion and they have 2 snooker tables.

I think your right snooker is on its way out in the UK, i don't think the smoking ban helped. Thailand and China is the future for snooker me thinks
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gould » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 pm

I agree, the village club I'm at right now has gone from 2 pool tables and a snooker table to 1 pool table and a dartboard, the darts crowd do my head in very noisy and less class but it brings the money in, my local Riley's use to be literally 30seconds walk, at 14 on Saturday I was spending prob £50 a week down on pool or snooker, not as good as I use to be but I'm starting to regain my form, Riley's when they closed swapped 8 American pool tables(shit form of pool) to 6 dartboards,
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Who's your tip for the Championship Gould. I cant see past Ronnie tbh, although saying that i like the look of Poomjaeng.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gould » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I would love to see Ronnie take another championship home, he is such a great player brings so much to the table, his past the mindset of him, such an exciting player on the table it's fantastic, Higgins got stuffed today by mark Davis looked very impressive, not high breaks but just cleared up, I'd like to see Something from Judd trump, seen him last year and seems an exciting player, not seen him anyway through the season but hopefully he has saved it for the greatest stage of them all
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Gould wrote:I would love to see Ronnie take another championship home, he is such a great player brings so much to the table, his past the mindset of him, such an exciting player on the table it's fantastic, Higgins got stuffed today by mark Davis looked very impressive, not high breaks but just cleared up, I'd like to see Something from Judd trump, seen him last year and seems an exciting player, not seen him anyway through the season but hopefully he has saved it for the greatest stage of them all

Yes i really enjoyed watching Judd last year, He has immense talent. The only problem is he like to smash them into the pocket, he doesnt seem to have a gentle game. I suppose that's just age though.

I put £4.50 @ 3/1 on King to win his match when he was 8-6 down about 15mins ago. Its now 8-8, stand to win £18.00 if king wins. :cheerleader:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

I like a bit of snooker too. Always root for Ronnie the rocket. He's the spitting image of my uncle (who incidentally is called Robbie O'Sullivan) so we're clearly related.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:43 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I like a bit of snooker too. Always root for Ronnie the rocket. He's the spitting image of my uncle (who incidentally is called Robbie O'Sullivan) so we're clearly related.

Behave Robbie O'Sullivan.. :lol:

I use to work for betfred at their head office in Warrington before i went to uni. We had a few sports stars accounts, especially snooker players they love a bet.

Anyway's i'm probably going to get into trouble for this but what the heck... Ronnie O'Sullivans number at the time was 07147147147

He does like his 147's :sneaky2:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm actually not joking lol
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm actually not joking lol

Fair enough..

cant believe i just gave Ronnies phone number out on the tinternet, it was a long time ago so he might of changed it. :sneaky2:

You watching the king match?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/22193794
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gould » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:55 pm

That 147 line isn't active lol
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Gould wrote:That 147 line isn't active lol

What you mean not active. This was back before i went to uni so 03/04, a good ten years ago. Never tried it myself just seen it on his account.

:think:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Hate watching snooker and prefer playing pool
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Youngie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Massa wrote:Hate watching snooker and prefer playing pool

Snooker can turn people off, Its solid to play.

I play far more pool (9ball) than i do snooker. Snooker is still the daddy though.. :think:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Other Sports