Aaron Ramsey

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Aaron Ramsey

Postby alexgravy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 am

I'm sorry but why is Aaron Ramsey consistently in the starting line-up when he is nowhere near as good as our other midfielders? I enjoyed watching him play when he first burst on to the scene before the leg break against Stoke but now he is a shadow of the player he used to be and just drags the team down in my opinion. Besides from the assist against WBA for a Rosicky goal I cannot remember a significant contribution from him in any game i've watched?

He is off the pace in every game, he isn't confident he'd much rather play a pass sideways or backwards for 90 minutes then actually advance an attack. He scores 1 or 2 goals a season and does not contribute enough I would be so so much happier with Rosicky constantly starting over Ramsey. I understand the leg break was horrific and I have always been so angry that it happened but it seems like he's playing every week at an average level but because of the leg break it's acceptable and we can let him keep playing this way?

Am interested in what everyone thinks about ramsey, seeing top class central midfielders at arsenal for such a long time (Vieira, Gilberto, Fabregas, Song) then seeing Ramsey there now and we wonder why we win nothing? You don't see a ramsey like figure at real madrid, bayern munich, barcelona or at any major team. Let me know people :)
alexgravy
Liam Brady

Re: Aaron Ramsey?

Postby AFC10 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:02 am

LOL
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 am

Really!!!!!!!!
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

:doh: Not this again.....
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:59 am

and here we go
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 am

alexgravy wrote:I'm sorry but why is Aaron Ramsey consistently in the starting line-up when he is nowhere near as good as our other midfielders? I enjoyed watching him play when he first burst on to the scene before the leg break against Stoke but now he is a shadow of the player he used to be and just drags the team down in my opinion. Besides from the assist against WBA for a Rosicky goal I cannot remember a significant contribution from him in any game i've watched?

He is off the pace in every game, he isn't confident he'd much rather play a pass sideways or backwards for 90 minutes then actually advance an attack. He scores 1 or 2 goals a season and does not contribute enough I would be so so much happier with Rosicky constantly starting over Ramsey. I understand the leg break was horrific and I have always been so angry that it happened but it seems like he's playing every week at an average level but because of the leg break it's acceptable and we can let him keep playing this way?

Am interested in what everyone thinks about ramsey, seeing top class central midfielders at arsenal for such a long time (Vieira, Gilberto, Fabregas, Song) then seeing Ramsey there now and we wonder why we win nothing? You don't see a ramsey like figure at real madrid, bayern munich, barcelona or at any major team. Let me know people :)

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Are you serious?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby JohnDuval » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:27 am

alexgravy wrote:I'm sorry but why is Aaron Ramsey consistently in the starting line-up when he is nowhere near as good as our other midfielders? I enjoyed watching him play when he first burst on to the scene before the leg break against Stoke but now he is a shadow of the player he used to be and just drags the team down in my opinion. Besides from the assist against WBA for a Rosicky goal I cannot remember a significant contribution from him in any game i've watched?

Have you actually seen an arsenal game recently?
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby billie86 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 pm

He has had a decent couple of performances recently but he is still not good enough, just because he has stood out slightly when we have been playing poorly means nothing to me.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Freeloader » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm

billie86 wrote:He has had a decent couple of performances recently but he is still not good enough, just because he has stood out slightly when we have been playing poorly means nothing to me.

Shhhh. You are not allowed to critcise Ramsey or Giroud here. :naughty: Everyone else is fair game though.
Show the spoiler
Wenger? More like w***er, amirite?!?
Freeloader
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm

billie86 wrote:He has had a decent couple of performances recently but he is still not good enough, just because he has stood out slightly when we have been playing poorly means nothing to me.

Precisely. He will never be Arsenal grade and the fact we've come to accept players of his quality with open arms is showing how much we've declined.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Youngie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Hmm i wonder who this be.. ;)
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ArsenalNo1Fan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Think aaron is a good player to be honest. Has been better than arteta in recent weeks
ArsenalNo1Fan

Postby Kyle? » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm

ArsenalNo1Fan wrote:Think aaron is a good player to be honest. Has been better than arteta in recent weeks

Tempted to agree. He's basically been a 2nd Arteta, just with less impressive hair.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 pm

I'd rather have Ramsey's hair than Arteta's
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 am

Ramsay is fine. We are winning more often when he plays, than when he doesn't, so perhaps he does a lot of covering that is not noticed by those who only value "technical skills"

Every team needs a "Hod carrier". I think Aaron is one of those.

Age, return from a horrific broken leg, etc, I think Aaron is fine with Arsenal. He's good enough.

Perhaps you could consider some of the players of lesser ability to castigate?
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Domestic Football