English Cricket

Ah, the sound of willow on leather! Discuss all aspects of cricket here.

Re: English Cricket

Postby VCC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:46 am

exciting draw who said test cricket is dead
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am

Brought on yourselves really. Should of forced the follow on and it would of been won easily in my opinion.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
VCC wrote:NZ could actually win this last test and take a series win funny how England never tour NZ well although the playing conditions pitches etc are probably more like England than anywhere else in the world of cricket

I blame it on the selectors continuously choosing Panasar over Tredwell.

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

I don't think so. Tredwell when he's played for England has been able to consistently take wickets while you've seen how expensive Panesar was this series. He's too expensive to play in The Ashes in my opinion.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Brought on yourselves really. Should of forced the follow on and it would of been won easily in my opinion.

I agree Yorky they put the losing of the game in Englands hands instead of backing our bowlers to have an easy target to win and back our batsman.But we are a poor test cricketing nation it was a nice surprise to get remotely close to tell the truth
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 am

As you said though, it's been entertaining. We got very lucky at times and I did start to think we could do it as the luck seemed to be on our side. Had to get to bed at 2am though to get up with the young'en this morning.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 am

Yorkyblue wrote:As you said though, it's been entertaining. We got very lucky at times and I did start to think we could do it as the luck seemed to be on our side. Had to get to bed at 2am though to get up with the young'en this morning.

yea was good to watch tables will be turned soon when we have to watch in the wee small hours
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
VCC wrote:NZ could actually win this last test and take a series win funny how England never tour NZ well although the playing conditions pitches etc are probably more like England than anywhere else in the world of cricket

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

I don't think so. Tredwell when he's played for England has been able to consistently take wickets while you've seen how expensive Panesar was this series. He's too expensive to play in The Ashes in my opinion.

Tredwell has only played 1 test so you can't really say.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

No but I don't think having a spinner who give away 70 runs per wicket is right to face the aussies. I do think that Tredwell should have a chance and since panesar has bowled so poorly and Swann is injured it seems like a logical choice to see if he can transfer his abilities in the ODIs into the Test arena.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

No but I don't think having a spinner who give away 70 runs per wicket is right to face the aussies. I do think that Tredwell should have a chance and since panesar has bowled so poorly and Swann is injured it seems like a logical choice to see if he can transfer his abilities in the ODIs into the Test arena.

Panesar is an offensive spinner not an economical one. As long as England's batsmen are firing then there's not reason not to pick Panesar since he's the one who'll take the wickets.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

Panesar is an offensive spinner not an economical one. As long as England's batsmen are firing then there's not reason not to pick Panesar since he's the one who'll take the wickets.

And Tredwell doesn't take wickets? 22 wickets in 14 ODIs and 6 in his only Test is not a bad return, probably worth giving him a run in the test team.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Panesar>Swann>Tredwell

And Tredwell doesn't take wickets? 22 wickets in 14 ODIs and 6 in his only Test is not a bad return, probably worth giving him a run in the test team.

I wouldn't want to take that risk in the ashes if I was an England fan
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:15 pm

different news here Jessie Ryder former NZ rep is in hospital with a coma after being beaten by four men outside a bar
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Hope he recovers, sounds really bad.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:31 am

England aren't very good are they?

Another loss to add to the Aussie humiliation.

This time v the West Indies.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 am

England win the 2nd ODI, just
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Cricket