Arsenal V FC Bayern | Champions League 19/02/2013

Re: Arsenal V FC Bayern | Champions League 19/02/2013

Postby kronickaos » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
munichyob wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:But it would sure as heck wind you up.

Not really. Everyone would laugh at your pathetic attempt to retaliate.

Apart from the fact you guys aren't organised well enough to get the banner into the stadium.

Oh so you don't mind being compared to Nazis then?

It would bother them, it bothers all Germans.

Precisely why he didn't answer the question.

You should have seen the dirty looks and yells we got just from wearing shirts with John Wayne, an American flag, and "2 time world war champions" on it at Oktoberfest :D
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 am

Our home support is and has been a joke for a long time. It's not all, obviously, and there seems to be a decent sized pocket of regular standers in the new clockend, but generally the decent fans are littered amongst thousands of mongs, utter divs, it makes me physically angry walking through our home game attendances at times. i went to the 7-3 newcastle game and sat in the new clockend and i was the one of only 3 scattered across the entire few hundred seat block, who got off their arse and started or joined a song. i got more 'sit downs' than i got people joining in. most don't give a shit about standing, singing or showing any form of support, they're there in their comfy seats and nice view to watch a jolly bit of entertainment. most the block was littered by tourists who didn't seem like they were sure which london club they'd wandered into, just a part of the holiday travels...

but the arsenal home support aren't a reflection of the proper arsenal fan base, don't assume the mongoloids who make up home games constitute every gooner. our away support is on a completely different level, and most gooners these days don't bother going anywhere near the ground.

i simply cannot watch a football match sitting down, how do you lot do it :dontknow: :BangHead:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Özilfan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 am

friedslice wrote:Our home support is and has been a joke for a long time. It's not all, obviously, and there seems to be a decent sized pocket of regular standers in the new clockend, but generally the decent fans are littered amongst thousands of mongs, utter divs, it makes me physically angry walking through our home game attendances at times. i went to the 7-3 newcastle game and sat in the new clockend and i was the one of only 3 scattered across the entire few hundred seat block, who got off their arse and started or joined a song. i got more 'sit downs' than i got people joining in. most don't give a shit about standing, singing or showing any form of support, they're there in their comfy seats and nice view to watch a jolly bit of entertainment. most the block was littered by tourists who didn't seem like they were sure which london club they'd wandered into, just a part of the holiday travels...

but the arsenal home support aren't a reflection of the proper arsenal fan base, don't assume the mongoloids who make up home games constitute every gooner. our away support is on a completely different level, and most gooners these days don't bother going anywhere near the ground.

i simply cannot watch a football match sitting down, how do you lot do it :dontknow: :BangHead:

Great if they brought back terraces but did them right this time. Imagine the clock end as a terrace with cheaper ticket prices for the working class fans - be bloody fantastic for atmosphere! The rest of the stadium can keep its seats for the champagne cocktails brigade.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:33 am

Would you really expect ticket prices to be cheaoper for standing at Arsenal?

Surely the prices would go higher as there would be even more demand?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Özilfan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Would you really expect ticket prices to be cheaoper for standing at Arsenal?

The seating sections would remain the same price. The prices for the terraced clock end would be lower as there would be more supply as terraces have higher capacities and can allow more fans in the ground.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby kronickaos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 am

friedslice wrote:Our home support is and has been a joke for a long time. It's not all, obviously, and there seems to be a decent sized pocket of regular standers in the new clockend, but generally the decent fans are littered amongst thousands of mongs, utter divs, it makes me physically angry walking through our home game attendances at times. i went to the 7-3 newcastle game and sat in the new clockend and i was the one of only 3 scattered across the entire few hundred seat block, who got off their arse and started or joined a song. i got more 'sit downs' than i got people joining in. most don't give a shit about standing, singing or showing any form of support, they're there in their comfy seats and nice view to watch a jolly bit of entertainment. most the block was littered by tourists who didn't seem like they were sure which london club they'd wandered into, just a part of the holiday travels...

I'm the same way, when I'm at home I'm pacing the entire game unless we get out to a decent lead. My wife thinks i'm insane when I watch matches because it's mostly just me cursing, pacing, and stomping my feet when things go wrong :hiding:
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

Arshavinfan wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Would you really expect ticket prices to be cheaoper for standing at Arsenal?

The seating sections would remain the same price. The prices for the terraced clock end would be lower as there would be more supply as terraces have higher capacities and can allow more fans in the ground.

How would safe standing have more capacity? It's the same bloody thing as seats but with the chair pulled out for league games. :lol: The chairs have rails behind them for each person.

If they were to let 2 people in per 'seat' it would defeat the object of it all.

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13