AW: Gerv only lacks goals

Re: AW: Gerv only lacks goals

Postby Est83 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 am

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Wenger needs to learn how to use gervinho.

1. Stop f***ing playing him on the left!

2. Stop f***ing playing him upfront

3. Give him clear, simple direct instructs to be direct, it's like you don't explain to him what he needs to do, he looks confused every single time he plays, for Ivory coast and Lille he is given a simple plan.

Gervinho has been great for Ivory Coast, thats because he's given basic instructions at least. What is Wenger telling him to do?

Gervinho if he leaves, which I would not want would worry me, hwe will go to a team that will give him, again, basic instructions and he will f**k ass!

Best way to use Gervinho is left back...in the dressing room!! ancient jokes :)

:lol:

I agree with Elk,to some extent. Either wa, he's not good enough to have the 'inho' at the end of his name. It's just like pink boots... leave well alone unless you can back it up!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby friedslice » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 am

gervinho suffers from being one of the scape goats, whether he plays badly or not. we've always had them, arsenal fans particularly (even more in modern times) love to have someone they can blame and coat off. its usually the same few players, and these players when they do well are largely ignored, their detractors keep quiet and ignore it, then the moment scapegoat has a half poor game (irregardless of whether everyone around them was just as gash) the detractors are out in force reminding us all how crap he is. same thing happened - and eventually forced the sale of eboue.

he's a donkey when in front of goal, but hes not as bad a footballer as people make out, certainly a handy option as squad back up if he can finally settle and find form. people talk like hes a squillaci, but then thats what happens to a player when hes selected as scapegoat. i saw him get coated by more people than most other players after the southampton result, but he not only didn't start but was nowhere near our worst performer, but he'll always be blamed because he's got that tag now.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 am

friedslice wrote:gervinho suffers from being one of the scape goats, whether he plays badly or not. we've always had them, arsenal fans particularly (even more in modern times) love to have someone they can blame and coat off. its usually the same few players, and these players when they do well are largely ignored, their detractors keep quiet and ignore it, then the moment scapegoat has a half poor game (irregardless of whether everyone around them was just as gash) the detractors are out in force reminding us all how crap he is. same thing happened - and eventually forced the sale of eboue.

he's a donkey when in front of goal, but hes not as bad a footballer as people make out, certainly a handy option as squad back up if he can finally settle and find form. people talk like hes a squillaci, but then thats what happens to a player when hes selected as scapegoat. i saw him get coated by more people than most other players after the southampton result, but he not only didn't start but was nowhere near our worst performer, but he'll always be blamed because he's got that tag now.

Good post :)
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

^^ I think Walcott is the fav punching bag these days despite his goals and assists. Gervinho gets slated cos he has been poor since a long long time now. Barring the initial few games this season where he looked decent, he has been awfully poor. Why is Walcott slated despite him having assisted and scored in double digits last season and leads our goal tally by a country mile, not to forget a decent amount of assists. If you go through every match day thread there are a ton of posts criticizing Walcott. The next guy who gets unfairly targeted at times is Ramsey. Ramsey has been poor but most of his poor performances have come on at the wing for no mistake of his.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

friedslice wrote:gervinho suffers from being one of the scape goats, whether he plays badly or not. we've always had them, arsenal fans particularly (even more in modern times) love to have someone they can blame and coat off. its usually the same few players, and these players when they do well are largely ignored, their detractors keep quiet and ignore it, then the moment scapegoat has a half poor game (irregardless of whether everyone around them was just as gash) the detractors are out in force reminding us all how crap he is. same thing happened - and eventually forced the sale of eboue.

Like Ramsey, Diaby and Giroud.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I think you have to realize that when most people say these things, they're basically just saying the same thing you are, that he is a good squad player and he shouldn't be starting. By saying he's shit or using him as a scape goat (which I haven't personally see anyone do), they're just displaying an easy way to vent their frustration.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:^^ I think Walcott is the fav punching bag these days despite his goals and assists. Gervinho gets slated cos he has been poor since a long long time now. Barring the initial few games this season where he looked decent, he has been awfully poor. Why is Walcott slated despite him having assisted and scored in double digits last season and leads our goal tally by a country mile, not to forget a decent amount of assists. If you go through every match day thread there are a ton of posts criticizing Walcott. The next guy who gets unfairly targeted at times is Ramsey. Ramsey has been poor but most of his poor performances have come on at the wing for no mistake of his.

Walcott is slated because of the amount of money he's negotiated himself now. He's always had seasons like this (and worse) Its just in the spotlight more now he's our main goalscorer.
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Sims wrote:I think we must've got his evil twin brother.

No way one woman can give birth to 2 foreheads that big.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:06 pm

LOL
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Miss Arsenal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm

WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

MISS YOU EBOUE
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

They needed Eboue in that video.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Dejan wrote:MISS YOU EBOUE
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

I know Eboue was a good teammate and a likeable character, but he was an embarrassment on the pitch with his diving and over the top acting. I don't miss him one bit as far as that goes, a good squad player, but I cringed every time he went down and acted like he was getting electrocuted.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 27. Gervinho