Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Re: Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:17 am

Something big in Wenger going? I said start of the season i take anything except relegation to get rid of Wenger end of this season. i havent change my view. I believe the more he stays the harder it will get for us to come back being a top club. The damage is done long time ago and he cant change the damage he has done. Its not about players. Its about a culture he has created at the club
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:46 am

^^^good post and i agree so many of his policies have failed us.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JackMan86 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:10 am

Arshavinfan wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:
Leody wrote:First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

Second, I can't imagine there's too many plastic fans left after the 7 year drought, selling all the talent and the start we've had this season...

We have plently of plastics left. Unless you were conceived in a bog in the Clock End of Highbury and then, nine months later, had a steward with emergency aid training bring you into the world by the pitch then I'm sorry but you're not a real fan.

So that means that all people pertaining to be Arsenal fans in the world bar 1 are not real Arsenal fans? :think:

Ha, I was just joking - mocking all those people who say you need to born and bred in Islington to be a true fan.

God if that was the case and we all supported our local teams then mine would be Hayes and Harlington.......and they're shit.
KROENKE OUT GAZIDIS OUT HILL-WOOD OUT

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 am

gooney wrote:Something big in Wenger going? I said start of the season i take anything except relegation to get rid of Wenger end of this season. i havent change my view. I believe the more he stays the harder it will get for us to come back being a top club. The damage is done long time ago and he cant change the damage he has done. Its not about players. Its about a culture he has created at the club

It's not Wenger's fault, honestly. Even if Wenger goes, the board will remain. As long as this Board remains, we will be facing the same problem over and over again. The change is needed from within the Club.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 am

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:Something big in Wenger going? I said start of the season i take anything except relegation to get rid of Wenger end of this season. i havent change my view. I believe the more he stays the harder it will get for us to come back being a top club. The damage is done long time ago and he cant change the damage he has done. Its not about players. Its about a culture he has created at the club

It's not Wenger's fault, honestly. Even if Wenger goes, the board will remain. As long as this Board remains, we will be facing the same problem over and over again. The change is needed from within the Club.

I want wenger and the board out. Wenger has lost it. It happens...most people dont remain great for ever. He is signing average players and is tactically naive
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JackMan86 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:30 am

Angelito wrote:

I agree with you partly.

Not Wengers fault? I've always supported Wenger but he is at fault for what is happening here. He is paid to win football matches which he isn't doing, he doesn't/won't change tactics and is constantly bullshitting the fans with rhetorical crap in interviews.

8 years without a trophy is ridiculous, any of the other big clubs wouldn't stand for that, in fact any club in the world wouldn't put up with their club showing no signs of progress.

If he had any principles and really loved Arsenal then he wouldn't have put up with the board selling all our best players, he would have made a stand and/or resigned if they didn't listen. Could you see the same thing happening with Sir Alex at United? Instead he has convinced the board that this is how a football club should be run, (he has a degree in economics remember) so yes, this IS Wenger's fault

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 am

Both the board and wenger need to go, they are both liars whichever way you look at it. Wether wenger has his hands tied and is working as a puppet is somewhat irrelevant now, he has been bullshitting everybody for years and i don't particularly appreciate it.
We have always so called had the money but wenger has refused to spend, he constantly says we have the quality, he said at the beginning of the season we could compete for the league, how dumb can he be?
He is the manager and must take some flack for the signings and sales if not all of it, look at all the flops we have signed? We practically have a 2nd 11 of garbage that needs to be sold, but then we have sold most of the players we needed to keep to compete :doh:. So you see wether the board decided to sell those players or not wenger is obviously happy for it to happen, he is still he after all this time after all.
The board need to go because they are killing the club, its all profits for them, finish 4th and don't spend any money its the perfect scenario for them. They will only start sweating when the profits fail to materialise like when we fail to qualify for the CL, if they cared about the fans and the team wenger would have been sacked a good few years ago, how many other so called top teams would stick with a manager who has not won a thing for going on 8 years? the answer is none but as long as wenger is making the maximum profits and spending very little its all good and will continue till the end of time. Hopefully failing this season will force some changes :pray: .
Even with a new board the manager still needs to go, he has been covering for the board for years and is therefore as to blame as they are. He is tactically poor, he doesn't know how to perform against different teams, our first 11 is capable of beating everton, fulham and swansea but he is getting nowhere near the best out of the players. Our midfield on paper should be one of the best in the league but they look garbage and get dominated most games, he sold song and has not replaced him and in my opinion that is where we are lacking, arteta is not a defensive mid and if i can see it why can't wenger? Ramsey isn't a right winger and everyone can see it so why does wenger play him there? Walcott is one of our better performing players yet he hasn't been tied down to the club, why not? Why do we still have squilacci, santos, park, bendtner, chamakh, arshavin etc even though they hardly ever play and are draining the wage bill? Wenger has signed all these players but even he knows they aren't good enough to play :doh: . Wenger got lucky when he signed henry, pires, ljungberg etc, no way could he tell how good they would become and the last god knows how many years of flop signings proves it was lucky, even henry and co were bargain signings but that time it all fell in to place but he is still living off those past reputations. What has he done in the last few years? he has hindered the club if anything with poor tactics and signings.
If this poor season is what it takes for change im all for it, it doesn't mean im not a real fan it means i want the best for the club and at the minute its getting milked dry and so are all the fans. The club is big enough to be one of europes elite but to me its the board and now wenger that are holding us back, i just want is to be in our rightful place.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am

yosifun wrote:At least our keeper showed up today :hail:

We are one of the worst sides in the PL in scoring..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

joint 7th top scorers in the premier league
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 am

elovic wrote:Seriously guys, I'm not sure I wan't to be an Arsenal fan anymore.
I know a good loyal fan should always stick to his team, especially through the tough times, but the past 6-7 years have been the 'tough' times, how much more patient can I get? Arsenal (with Wenger and the boards' 'backing') have done nothing to earn my loyalship. Not the high prices, not the lack of ambition shown in the Wenger's transfer policy, not the lack of results, not Wenger's stuborn useless tactics. Maybe Giroud's precious smile, but nothing more.

I really dont know what to think anymore. I love Arsenal so much, but this is too hard.

but not that much
mind the door don,t hit you on the way out
starmandb

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:14 am

Joint 7th isn't great though especially when we sit 10th in the table.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 am

Always_a_gooner wrote:If we make the top 4 it will be one of AW biggest achievements to date

no it won,t going a season unbeaten was
this old bollocks was getting trotted out last year by ian wright
starmandb

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 am

starmandb wrote:
I know a good loyal fan should always stick to his team, especially through the tough times, but the past 6-7 years have been the 'tough' times, how much more patient can I get? Arsenal (with Wenger and the boards' 'backing') have done nothing to earn my loyalship. Not the high prices, not the lack of ambition shown in the Wenger's transfer policy, not the lack of results, not Wenger's stuborn useless tactics. Maybe Giroud's precious smile, but nothing more.

I really dont know what to think anymore. I love Arsenal so much, but this is too hard.

but not that much
mind the door don,t hit you on the way out

:rofll:
:hail:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am

Angelito wrote:@Gooney

I don't know about top-4 this season, but I'm fairly optimistic that something "big" might happen. Might just be an illusion but...

I also share that feeling. I have a suspicion that it's either going to be winning the COC or doing a chelsea and winning the CL.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 am

I wonder if Kroenke even knows about this result or how we doing in the league. He properly think its going great as we just signed a big commercial deal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JackMan86 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 pm

What? Are you serious? Shut up and grow a pair for god sake.

If you're questioning your own loyalty then you are clearly not an Arsenal fan.

Look up support in a dictionary and you will see "To give strength, to endure and to aid the cause" as some of the examples of the word SUPPORT.

If you feel you can't do that and see this through then go and hunt some glory with another club. Just don't ever tell anyone you "support" a team because you will be contradicting yourself.

VCC!

Arsenal till I die!

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13