Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Re: Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Postby Özilfan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Leody wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:
Leody wrote:First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

Second, I can't imagine there's too many plastic fans left after the 7 year drought, selling all the talent and the start we've had this season...

We have plently of plastics left. Unless you were conceived in a bog in the Clock End of Highbury and then, nine months later, had a steward with emergency aid training bring you into the world by the pitch then I'm sorry but you're not a real fan.

Guess I'm not a "real fan" then... :dizzy:

But your kid CAN be a real fan if you conceive the child here:

Last edited by Özilfan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:
Leody wrote:First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

Second, I can't imagine there's too many plastic fans left after the 7 year drought, selling all the talent and the start we've had this season...

We have plently of plastics left. Unless you were conceived in a bog in the Clock End of Highbury and then, nine months later, had a steward with emergency aid training bring you into the world by the pitch then I'm sorry but you're not a real fan.

So that means that all people pertaining to be Arsenal fans in the world bar 1 are not real Arsenal fans? :think:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Özilfan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:

So that means that all people pertaining to be Arsenal fans in the world bar 1 are not real Arsenal fans? :think:

Ha, I was just joking - mocking all those people who say you need to born and bred in Islington to be a true fan.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm

I know mate.

I have a hard time considering anybody left today a plastic. They all left with Nasri and are in Manchester now.

We have more of the corporate entertainment crowd, but they're not even fans at all, we are like theater for them.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elovic » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Leody wrote:I know mate.

I have a hard time considering anybody left today a plastic. They all left with Nasri and are in Manchester now.

We have more of the corporate entertainment crowd, but they're not even fans at all, we are like theater for them.

For away fans perhaps.
elovic
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Didn't see the game but judging by the result I'm glad I missed it. Wtf has happened to our team!?!
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Wtf has happened to our team!?!

Exactly what we all expected when we started selling all of our talent...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
lexalove wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.

I agree there needs to be a mass movement, not just me. :biggrin:

I also know of course they would need to be well thought out but something needs to be done. Soon.

Totally agree with TAP...
I don't go to games anymore, and I don't buy official merchandise either. The only way to get rid of the yanks and wenger is to hit them where it hurts... in their pocket.

I agree that there will be plastic fans who will take the place of the true Arsenal fan but imagine what will happen if nothing changes. When we no longer have European football each season and no quality players after Theo, The Ox, Santi and Wilshere have left due to the lack of success and ambition showed at the club the plastic fans will soon loose interest and stop going.

It's the only way to force change... we the TRUE fans have to show our disgust with our feet.

Sadly, you do have a point we will need to lose CL football in order to get the plastics out

Lexalove.. What's your definition of a plastic fan?
In my opinion, If you don't support the team and not want them to do well than your not a fan so I don't understand how you can be a true fan.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lexalove » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:31 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
lexalove wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.

I agree there needs to be a mass movement, not just me. :biggrin:

I also know of course they would need to be well thought out but something needs to be done. Soon.

Totally agree with TAP...
I don't go to games anymore, and I don't buy official merchandise either. The only way to get rid of the yanks and wenger is to hit them where it hurts... in their pocket.

I agree that there will be plastic fans who will take the place of the true Arsenal fan but imagine what will happen if nothing changes. When we no longer have European football each season and no quality players after Theo, The Ox, Santi and Wilshere have left due to the lack of success and ambition showed at the club the plastic fans will soon loose interest and stop going.

It's the only way to force change... we the TRUE fans have to show our disgust with our feet.

Sadly, you do have a point we will need to lose CL football in order to get the plastics out

Lexalove.. What's your definition of a plastic fan?
In my opinion, If you don't support the team and not want them to do well than your not a fan so I don't understand how you can be a true fan.

GSK_AFC... Plastic fan = someone who's only interested in the club because it's doing well, it's in the champions league, it's fashionable to go and support them and we have a fancy new stadium.

I've been an Arsenal fan for over 30 years in the days when we finished 10th in the league, drew so many games each season I lost count, would go on a decent cup run and win something now and again. I went when football was unfashionable and didn't have the profile it has now. The real so called "hard core" of supporters will know where I'm coming from.

I don't object to the fact we lost today because that's sport you win some you lose some. What I object to is being lied to by the board and then being taken for a mug with the ticket pricing and non investment in the team.
Hope that clarifies it for you.
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Couldn't agree more with that last paragraph...

They've been fleecing us and the club for a decade now.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 am

Just saw the highlights. Comical defending all round. No conviction going forward. No one fears us anymore because we are not as ruthless as we used to be. In the past we would trounce teams like Swansea who take the game to us. Nowadays we score one, two, or even four and hope we don't f**k up our lead. F**K ALL THIS SH**!!!

...And Wtf was Jenkinson and Rosicky doing for their second goal :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:48 am

Trina wrote:Just read Arsenal.com

on explaining the defeat...
We were not creative, nor sharp. Swansea were more creative and more sharp. They had a lot of possession, but without going anywhere. We tried to change things and took a lot of risks. In the end it turned against us. Maybe we should have made a 0-0 and in the end we were not cautious enough to play the 0-0. The quality of our game was not there. It was a bit frustrating because we lacked a bit of decisiveness and creativity.

on whether Swansea deserved to win...
Yes. It is very frustrating, but it is the truth.

on whether they surprised him...
No, I knew they could play well. I knew the question before the game could be that we could be a bit jaded because we had many players on the edge who had played a lot of hard games recently. We had just come back from two very difficult away games physically and it was a bit like that today. We are guilty of losing a game at the moment when we should not have lost it.

on the booing at the end…
My response is I can understand that.

on it being a challenging period…
We are in this job to turn things around, and I am confident we will [because of] the quality of the players and the spirit we have in the team. It is a good moment to stick together.

on turning things around…
At the moment it looks like, away from home, we are quite consistent and our results are positive. But at home we have not produced the performances since the beginning of the season that you would expect from us, and that is where we have to find the solution.

on slipping down to 10th spot…
Of course [it is painful]. I am not so much worried about places, even if that is not the place you want to be, but I believe what is important is we get the quality of our game back. Then the places change.

on spending money in January…
It’s difficult to answer that straight away after a game like that. I cannot say no, but I believe the support from the board is there to spend the money if we find the players.

on how the result affects upcoming games…
It affects the thinking for Olympiacos. There are many players who need a rest, because they are on the verge of getting injured. Some played with knocks today. We’ll see tomorrow. We hope that we get a good performance at Olympiacos. It’s important for us. Away from home, I’m not too concerned. We look like we play a little bit with the handbrake at home. It’s not fluent. There might be a psychological component in there as well.

Hmmmm... This doesn't sound right. Wenger isn't the sarcastic type but this is a plain potshot at the Board. What do you guys think?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 am

sounds like a sinking ship to me
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 am

Sometimes very intelligent people act in very stupid way. Wenger reminds me of my sister in that she is highly educated women with master degree, yet some of the decisions she makes in life is beyond stupid. She wastes money and has very naive view of people. I cant understand why Wenger would think business men would have his back when things get hard. Kroenke and Gazidis wouldnt hesitate to get rid of him if enough fans turn on him. Its like he has fallen for their story about saving money and expect loyalty. He's a moron of the highest order. If he thinks this team will make top 4, then he deserve every abuse he gets. You cant get lucky every season. He was extremely lucky last season with Harrys trail ruining Spurs and West Broms keeper getting injured in the warm up of last game for us to score from 3 howlers, yet he sells his 2 best players from that team and expects to get better. He deserves to fail Another manager deserves a chance at arsenal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 am

@Gooney

I don't know about top-4 this season, but I'm fairly optimistic that something "big" might happen. Might just be an illusion but...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13