St. Nicholas to come back in time for Christmas???!!

Re: St. Nicholas to come back in time for Christmas???!!

Postby Pudpop » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Am I the only one on this forum that thinks Bendtner is worse than Chamakh? And just generally crap in all-round play as well...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Bendtner has done better for Arsenal than Chamakh by a fair bit. Chamakh has more of a future with us. Oh and a lot better attitude. TBF Chamakh played really well v Reading. So keeping and playing him might not be as bad as we think. Aaagh did i just say that ?. At the moment he is the 2nd worst player AW has signed. Eh he can change that.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Bendtner was the most frustrating player I've ever watched for Arsenal (started paying attention in 2005) and I was ecstatic when he went to Sunderland, and then Juve. He's useless in front of goal. I can't ever remember watching him and thinking; 'oh that was quite good.' Even in the Euro's when he supposedly played well.

@EvAmy - Yeh he's done better for Arsenal right? Statistically (yeah I'm going to use statistics) has he done any better? If you only include starts, I doubt it. Include impact appearances, probably. And forgetting statistics, can you think of a time when he was the reason for us achieving something? And yes, I know Starman is going to pull up a stat and say that he pulled us level in injury time against Villa which kept us top of the table, and the late winner against Kiev to get us into the knockout stages, player of the month March 20?? etc. but I'm sure we all remember times when he missed chances that lost games, one immediately springing to mind.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 pm

I would go as far as to say that few people have done better than Chamakh in their first eight games for the club.

... but at the same time, few have had a dip in form as bad as Chamakh.

Did Chamakh just get lucky against a tired Reading defence, or is he suited to a two striker formation?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TheArsenalPost » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:18 pm

His form well as Judas came back from injury. Give the lad a chance.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Est83 wrote:I would go as far as to say that few people have done better than Chamakh in their first eight games for the club.

Did Chamakh just get lucky against a tired Reading defence, or is he suited to a two striker formation?

I never noticed a dip in form... When exactly did you notice this? Can you give the games he played in where he played badly?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Est83 wrote:I would go as far as to say that few people have done better than Chamakh in their first eight games for the club.

I never noticed a dip in form... When exactly did you notice this? Can you give the games he played in where he played badly?

same here, there was no dip more then van persie getting throwed in and not getting injured. or atleast that's what i remember
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arsenalyank » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 pm

This is great news, because I'm sure the answer to our stiker problems is to bring back someone who we let go because he was not good enough and is a narcissistic prick.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Press: are you happy on the bench

Nik: no, i want to play in the first team

Headline: nik says he thinks he should be in the first team

Fans: nik is big headed and arrogant

Wenger: i'll play you on the wing to develop you

Fans: nik is rubbish

Press: are you happy on the wing, you had a poor game

Nik: no, i'm not a winger, i'm a big target man

Headline: nik complains about being played out of position

Fans: nik is rubbish and big headed

Wenger: i know what is best for you, play on the wing, you have good mental strength, you like new signing

Nik: f... this, i'm off to Italy
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TheArsenalPost » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:38 pm

For some reason I couldn't help but read that last Wenger line with a Chinese accent...
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Pudpop wrote:

I can't give you examples because I'm not starman.

But yea, he was replaced by van Pussy before there was any sign of a dip in form. But the lanky streak of piss with the shittest, greasiest hair known to man has failed to impress on numerous occasions since his impressive 8 game run.

It's not so much that he couldn't finish, or fluffed up easy chances a la Nik! He just looked off the pace, with a bad first touch (a la Nik), and physically weak . I know he's not built, but he's got some height and should have enough core strength to not be pushed off the ball as easy as a toddler!

I'm hoping we've found something out against Reading. I hope that he's a player that really comes to life in a two-striker formation, and that at 0-0 and the 80 minute mark, Wenger will consider Theo or Chamakh coming off the bench, or a winger pushing Podolski into that a second striker spot in a 4-4-2. But I think we're far more likely to see Wenger use Chamakh's goals as an excuse not to buy a striker in January.

... there's a reason why he can't even get on the bench, and you don't need me to list a bunch of games where Chamakh's played like a sunday league player to know why.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Unless our midfield starts providing some chances again, I don't think he'd make much of a difference.

^^^ This guy gets it ^^^
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Press: are you happy on the bench

Nik: no, i want to play in the first team

Headline: nik says he thinks he should be in the first team

Fans: nik is big headed and arrogant

Wenger: i'll play you on the wing to develop you

Fans: nik is rubbish

Press: are you happy on the wing, you had a poor game

Nik: no, i'm not a winger, i'm a big target man

Headline: nik complains about being played out of position

Fans: nik is rubbish and big headed

Wenger: i know what is best for you, play on the wing, you have good mental strength, you like new signing

Nik: f... this, i'm off to Italy

No no no no, you've got it all wrong PG... this is how it happened:

Press: Nik says he's the best since Pele.

Nik: Bollocks! I'm much better than that prick.

Fans: He's a bit of a t**t.

PG: I reckon it's all paper talk.

Press: Nik slaps dissabled toddler off his wheel chair and says "the punk looked me in the eye"

Nik: It's true, he actually thought he was worthy of looking me directly in the eye.

Fans: Think Wenger made a mistake with this one, he definitely can't back it up.

PG: Yup... definitely paper talk.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Dejan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Nicklas Bendtner won't rule out joining Tottenham from Arsenal

Nicklas Bendtner says he would not rule out a move to Tottenham Hotspur if he has to leave Arsenal on a permanent basis next summer.

The Danish striker is currently on a season-long loan at Juventus, but has struggled to make an impression with the Italian champions.

Bendtner spent last term on loan at Sunderland and reports suggest the 24-year-old will be sold by Arsenal at the end of the season.

He admits he would be happy to stay in London and would not discount the prospect of emulating the likes of William Gallas and Emmanuel Adebayor, who have played for Arsenal and Spurs in recent years.

"History is filled with examples of players moving between rival clubs and I can't rule out clubs due to where I might have been in the past," Bendtner told bold.dk.

"It might not be the best idea but if the project matches my ambitions I would have to be interested."

He added: "I still have a great relationship with London, which is a city that I adore.

"I have a lot of friends in London and there are a lot of great clubs in London, so I wouldn't rule out a return."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... om-Arsenal

Meanwhile at Juve:
6 games, 0 goals
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby TheArsenalPost » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I saw this. Disgusted. If he wants to leave fine, but Spurs?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner